• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Autoplicity.com = Avoid

Started by MDesign Performance, June 09, 2014, 09:44:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDesign Performance

Just wanted to throw this out there. I ordered a EBC BBK on May 10th as my original rotors are on their way out and paid immediately as they had the best prices and showed the item "in stock". After a day or two I get an email stating that the item will ship from the manufacturer and will require an additional 3-4 days to ship. No problem.

Wrong.

Two weeks pass and I have not gotten any update, but the company sure has my money and only after opening and sending 3 inquiries/complaints and 2 phone calls where they were suppose to call me back I finally got in touch with someone. The fact that it took 2 weeks to get in touch with someone blew my mind. I spoke to someone on a cell phone after waiting for the "10 minute" wait time (it was really 45 minutes, seems like they want you to hang up before talking to them) who stated that the kit will ship on the 28th.

Wrong again.

It's now June 9th, almost one month without any update so I decide to contact EBC directly and see if a order was ever even placed. EBC was extremely helpful, the young lady who I spoke with told me if I could give her the order number which the retailer should be able to give me, she could tell me when I could expect my kit. So we try for 10 minutes to look up my order with my address/name and nothing, and then the EBC rep suggest I contact my purchasing retailer to get the order number so she could update me with info.

Great. After 3 "dropped" calls I finally get to speak with this person from Autoplicity, who was the same person I spoke with every time and am 100% certain was talking on a cellphone every time. I simply ask for my order number and he starts getting nervous, asks me to stay on hold so he could contact his manager. After 20 minutes on hold (yea really) he tells me that he can't contact his manager and that they cannot give out that information.

At this point Im furious, I paid for a product as a consumer and would like my order number to check on the status of my order like a consumer would. This "person" then tries to tell me it is against their "policy", I do not see anywhere on the Autoplicity site where it states a consumer cannot get their order confirmation number and as a consumer we are entitled to some rights. He suggests that I cancel my order and "take any actions necessary".

Spark notes:
1. Ordered EBC kit on May 10th
2. Email said kit needs 3-4 days extra
3. After 2 weeks trying to contact, states it will ship May 28th
4. June 7th call EBC/Autoplicity, Autoplicity won't give out a order confirmation and tells me to cancel my order
5. June 9th, still have nothing but my badly warped rotors.

So basically, if something is too good to be true it most likely is. I believe Autoplicity needs to be investigated for internet and retail fraud. To make matters worse, I also received a fraud email from my Amex (which is what I used to purchase) sometime after the purchase. Also if you happen to look up their reviews they all seem skeptical, written poorly and on the same date as one another, I remember seeing 40 or so "5-star" reviews in one day.
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

Wilson

Damn, sorry to hear that.  Hopefully you can get Amex to reverse the charges altogether.  I was actually looking at purchasing a set of H&R springs from them as they had the lowest price by far.  Like you said, if it's too good to be true...
2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

MDesign Performance

Quote from: Wilson on June 09, 2014, 09:56:16 AM
Damn, sorry to hear that.  Hopefully you can get Amex to reverse the charges altogether.  I was actually looking at purchasing a set of H&R springs from them as they had the lowest price by far.  Like you said, if it's too good to be true...

Yea AMEX has always been helpful in any situation, I plan on finding the kit from another retailer and then getting the charge reversed. The only reason I did not cancel earlier is that they are about $70-80 cheaper than other retailers with the kit I ordered. I would call them up and have them confirm they actually have the item in stock, on hand, before letting them borrow your money until you have to end up canceling your order!
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

EcoPowerParts

Hope I have better luck, just ordered some new drag radials last night for the V.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SHOdded

Man, sorry to hear that Spartn!  It does seem to be very hit-or-miss with these folk(s).  I doubt really anyone will do an investigation until complaints and dollar amounts pile up.  CC companies may pursue to recover costs in individual cases, but unless you can put together a group of "defrauded" customers to jointly file a suit, you're (in practice) limited to whatever recourse the CC company provides.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

MDesign Performance

Yea it seems to be hit or miss, just wanted to throw out these words of caution in case anyone was relying on receiving a part that they ordered from them ASAP.

glock-coma

I had a similar problem with the that is still not resolved.... Ordered ebc brakes, said they were "in stock " then I get an email a few days later said shipping would be delayed because it's coming from the manufacture.

I canceled my order, it took them 24 "business hours"which is three days to process my cancel request.

Then I get an email saying they can't cancel my order because my orders already been shipped from the manufacture.
I received this email seven days after I canceled my order, and four days after the order shipped.

I ended up ordering from auto anything,
they price matched everything to autoplicity pricing  and I received everything in a timely matter.

I did finally received the brakes from autoplicity , but I immediately return them they did send a me shipping return label.
I'm still yet to see my money back I'll be contacting PayPal today

Sorry about your troubles spartan, hopefully everything gets resolved.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

geswek

I've ordered everything from there, not a single issue.

Sent from my mobile, I think.

Lanson

There is a similar audio site, called dealer-cost car audio.  Simply put, RUN do not walk away from that site.  Long story short, my brother in-law had to sic a Navy military lawyer (an advocate that works for Navy personnel on personal problems) on the company so they would reverse the CC charges so he could get his money back.  Brutal.

I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

Joleat

AutoAnything.com is my "go to" online retailer. If you take the time to call in or chat about your order, they'll usually apply an extra discount to get the sale. The last thing I ordered from them was the PowerStop brake kit and the employee assisting me actually suggested trying to find a cheaper price elsewhere so he could beat it.

I'm confident AMEX will be able to take care of you if the retailer doesn't, but I completely understand how frustrating situations like this can be. Hang in there.
Project: MKSinister-2011 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost-Tuxedo Black Metallic Exterior-Black Ultimate Leather Interior-EcoBoost Appearance Package-Unleashed SCT X4-3Bar MAP-SP534 Spark Plugs-Power Stop Drilled and Slotted Rotors and Evolution Ceramic Brake Pads-General G-Max AS-03 Tires-Debadged-Color Matched Grille-Anthracite Gray Wheels-Gloss Black Vinyl Over Chrome-35% Window Tint

kinder

Not sure how pricing compares but I did deal with this guy in the past and felt he did a good job. Rotors held up so quality was at least decent. This was about 5yrs ago though.

Plus custom designs and colors to really personalize it... ;)

http://www.adamsrotors.com/faqs.html
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

SHOdded

Hopefully this Adam will prove to be as popular as the Adam of wax/polish fame!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Dxlnt1

I spoke with guy on these brakes. DOnt remember the actual breakdown, as I was trying to get him to do a small group buy. But the total for front and rear was $525 and includes free shipping. I did not purchase as my transmission died the same time I was going to buy these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310814551783

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131065368353
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

MDesign Performance

Quote from: Joleat on June 09, 2014, 06:38:18 PM
AutoAnything.com is my "go to" online retailer. If you take the time to call in or chat about your order, they'll usually apply an extra discount to get the sale. The last thing I ordered from them was the PowerStop brake kit and the employee assisting me actually suggested trying to find a cheaper price elsewhere so he could beat it.

I'm confident AMEX will be able to take care of you if the retailer doesn't, but I completely understand how frustrating situations like this can be. Hang in there.

Yea I plan on going with Auto Anything, they don't have the same kit I ordered (EBC USR rotors and Red Stuff) though with their current promotions I can get the EBC sport drilled/slotted rotors and Red Stuff pads for just a bit more than Autoplicity with overnight shipping.

I called Autoplicity and they stated that they "might" be able to refund it as they need to check with EBC if it has shipped already, which every source clearly says it hasn't. Now I feel like Im going to get the run around and am thinking if I should just contact AMEX now directly.

EcoPowerParts

My tires shipped on Monday after ordering on Sunday and will be here Thursday. I need them mine are BALD!
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts