• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Torque PIDs...Take 2

Started by ecoboostsho, June 07, 2014, 07:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dxlnt1

Like others, on my 2011 I cannot get a few of the PID's to read. None of the gauges pick up or read anything. Am I missing something here?

Learned Octane

AWD Modulation

AWD Status

Tire pressure

2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

SHOdded

You are not using Torque, right?  In Torque, you have to delete the existing display, then edit the PID, and create a new display.  At least for LOR, shouldn't the range be -1.0 to 1.0?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Dxlnt1

Quote from: SHOdded on August 13, 2015, 06:29:11 AM
You are not using Torque, right?  In Torque, you have to delete the existing display, then edit the PID, and create a new display.  At least for LOR, shouldn't the range be -1.0 to 1.0?

I am using Torque with Note 4 phone. Ive learned whenever changes are made to PID formulas, calculation or even name change, the gauge has to be re-added.

But for LOR I thought the range from where I saw was 0-100. I can maybe try your suggestion.
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

SHOnUup

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on August 13, 2015, 06:33:09 AM
Quote from: SHOdded on August 13, 2015, 06:29:11 AM

I am using Torque with Note 4 phone. Ive learned whenever changes are made to PID formulas, calculation or even name change, the gauge has to be re-added.

But for LOR I thought the range from where I saw was 0-100. I can maybe try your suggestion.
Looks like there's a space after "signed" in your LOR gauge setup

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

jdub1981

These were just posted on the ST forum.
http://www.focusst.org/forum/showthread.php?p=916264.

Should be about 60 new PIDs.  They can be imported into Torque Pro directly by copying the .csv file into the extended PIDs folder using a file manager app in Android.  You will need to show hidden files with the app inorder to view the .torque folder.

ecoboostsho

Quote from: jdub1981 on August 13, 2015, 10:08:32 AM

Should be about 60 new PIDs.  They can be imported into Torque Pro directly by copying the .csv file into the extended PIDs folder using a file manager app in Android.  You will need to show hidden files with the app inorder to view the .torque folder.
Thank you for posting these!  A lot of them are the same that we've previously discovered so there is a good chance that many of them will work!  That said I don't know if the ECU's from the Focus are the same as the Taurus or not so it will be interesting to see if everything works or just some stuff.  I am definitely interested in the low pressure fuel pump actual and a few others!
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

ecoboostsho

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on August 13, 2015, 03:45:31 AM
Like others, on my 2011 I cannot get a few of the PID's to read. None of the gauges pick up or read anything. Am I missing something here?

Learned Octane

AWD Modulation

AWD Status

Tire pressure

LOR will definitely be -1 to +1 (unless you really like 0 to 100% then you could change the formula yourself) and I see ShonUup caught the space.

Not sure on AWD modulation as it looks right.  If you delete the formula and hit "test" when you add the custom PID do you get a response? If so what is it?  After you do that just for fun delete the header information and see if you get a response then.

AWD status formula should be  (256*A)+B
It's either On (a '1') or Off '0'.

2011 can't read tire pressures...just 2013+
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)

jdub1981

Quote from: ecoboostsho on August 13, 2015, 04:12:11 PM
Quote from: jdub1981 on August 13, 2015, 10:08:32 AM

Thank you for posting these!  A lot of them are the same that we've previously discovered so there is a good chance that many of them will work!  That said I don't know if the ECU's from the Focus are the same as the Taurus or not so it will be interesting to see if everything works or just some stuff.  I am definitely interested in the low pressure fuel pump actual and a few others!
I know for a fact that the tire pressure one works but the PID only updates every 6 seconds to it would be very easy to over/under inflate your tires unless you knew about the 6 second update rate.

ecoboostsho

They work in a focus. yes? They won't however work in a 2010-12 SHO because there is a smart junction box on the MSCAN bus and not a BCM on the HSCAN bus. At least in Torque you can't read both buses at the same time. Unless you've figured out a way to do that? I'm all ears if you have. Tire pressures work great o. A 2013+ SHO.

ecoboostsho

So happy report the low pressure fuel pump actual works! I also tried out the different charge air cooler formula and it seems to work better than the original one! Great stuff!

Dxlnt1

Quote from: ecoboostsho on August 13, 2015, 04:27:11 PM
Quote from: Dxlnt1 on August 13, 2015, 03:45:31 AM

Learned Octane

AWD Modulation

AWD Status

Tire pressure

LOR will definitely be -1 to +1 (unless you really like 0 to 100% then you could change the formula yourself) and I see ShonUup caught the space.

Not sure on AWD modulation as it looks right.  If you delete the formula and hit "test" when you add the custom PID do you get a response? If so what is it?  After you do that just for fun delete the header information and see if you get a response then.

AWD status formula should be  (256*A)+B
It's either On (a '1') or Off '0'.

2011 can't read tire pressures...just 2013+

Ok, I corrected the formula for LOR. Will test in car later tonight or tomorrow.

The AWD status, if you right I inverted the numbers. (256 vs 265) I will correct and test also.

When hitting test button, I would get ECU not connected message.

I thought someone had tire pressures working for '11 model. BUMMER for me!

Thanks again.

jdub1981

Quote from: ecoboostsho on August 13, 2015, 04:45:19 PM
They work in a focus. yes? They won't however work in a 2010-12 SHO because there is a smart junction box on the MSCAN bus and not a BCM on the HSCAN bus. At least in Torque you can't read both buses at the same time. Unless you've figured out a way to do that? I'm all ears if you have. Tire pressures work great o. A 2013+ SHO.
Torque Pro is very pretty program to look at but if you want to View ALL pids available there is no better program/App than FORScan.  It has hundreds of pids each seperated by individual module and bus.  Obviously if you cant read the MSCAN or ICAN busses then you wont be able to see those modules.  Forscan is a Ford, Mazda and possibly Lincoln only reader.  Its completely free on PC but is not free on Iphone/Android.  It can run individual tests on certain modules and has some PATS functionality as well.  You only need a minimum of the app and an ELM327 but an OBDlink MX bluetooth is highly recommended since it can read all busses at a rate of 120pids per second.

ecoboostsho

Yep. That is what I used to figure the original PIDs quite some time ago. See page 1 of this thread. theI use it all the time for real logging. Once they get their Android app/gui a little more functional I will definitely be looking at using that. I have it on my tablet and there are a ton of PIDs.

FoMoCoSHO

Forscan is great for a datalogging tool but as a gauge suite is close to useless in its current form.

ecoboostsho

Hello Everyone!  I spent some time doing some long overdue updating to the first page of the thread - although nothing too drastic.  What I did do was attach a new file for download with all of the PIDs for everything from 2010 - present that we know about.  (Again see the first post in this thread at the bottom.  It is labeled "Ford Ecoboost Ext PIDs.csv") this includes the PIDs from the Focus thread with a few modifications.  I needed to delete a few that weren't present in our cars (active shutters in the grille for instance) and verify that the rest of the PIDs were working etc...Most of them loaded right up but a few needed some modification to work with my Taurus.  I also COMBINED All of the PIDs from the 2010-12 and 13+ models up.  What I did do was indicate right in the title which ones are for which model.  You won't harm anything by loading them all - the ones not for your model simply won't work.  (AWD gauge and tire pressures are the big ones for now)  I also added an "*" at the beginning of all the PIDs so they show up at the top of your custom torque gauges and are easy to differentiate from either other loaded PIDs or the built in Torque ones.  They are also in alphabetical order so you can find them easier.

ONE NOTE OF CAUTION.  IF YOU LOAD THESE IN TO YOUR EXISTING SETUP THE NAMES ARE DIFFERENT SO YOU WILL BREAK YOUR EXISTING GAUGES AND YOU WILL HAVE TO RE-ADD THEM!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

My hope was this would make it easier to keep them all in one place for now.  If I missed any please let me know!!