• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Torque PIDs...Take 2

Started by ecoboostsho, June 07, 2014, 07:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Kewl :thumb:  Good work, ecoboostsho & wasinger!  What are the PIDs that worked for you?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ecoboostsho

Sweet! Good work. Now I am jealous. ;)

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

wasinger3000

Here is what I used. Thanks to ecoboostsho, and perkdog65.

Equation: (((256*A)+B)/3+22/3)*0.145

Header: 726

PID's: 222813, 222814, 222815, 222816.

Apparently what works on the focus works on the sho as well.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

millinnium

There are also PIDs to show individual tire speed if that is what you want to monitor as well...

WickedSHO

Safe to assume that 813 is left front and 814 is right front?
2014 SHO Ignot Silver. MDesign CF Intake, 3 BAR MAP, 160 T-Stat, LMS 93 OCT V8 tune.

wasinger3000

Quote from: WickedSHO on March 06, 2015, 02:18:34 PM
Safe to assume that 813 is left front and 814 is right front?
Ehh. Don't remember but I know I had to let air out of each tire to make sure I had the right one. I had to reset my phone and I lost all of it. So I'll have to do it again.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

SHOnUup

Yup...I'm jealous

In this frigid weather the tire pressure would be great to monitor.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

FoMoCoSHO

Great work guys, thank you!

HtrdMKS

New to all this so a quick question. Getting ready to buy a "tune". So - I bought the OBDLink MX to start playing with Torque Pro in preparation for data logging.  While adding the Tire Pressure custom PID's, Torque Pro gives a warning about possibly screwing up the ECU with custom PIDS. Is this "possible" or are they just protecting themselves from the liability?

Thanks
2013 EcoBoost MKS, Tux Black, No Mods - Yet

SHOnUup

Quote from: HtrdMKS on March 20, 2015, 10:48:52 AM
New to all this so a quick question. Getting ready to buy a "tune". So - I bought the OBDLink MX to start playing with Torque Pro in preparation for data logging.  While adding the Tire Pressure custom PID's, Torque Pro gives a warning about possibly screwing up the ECU with custom PIDS. Is this "possible" or are they just protecting themselves from the liability?

Thanks
Pops up every time you add custom pid. No worries

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

FoMoCoSHO

So has anybody figured out what the LOR # correlates to?

Obviously something with the octane...

It just sat at 100 with the 13 no matter the blend, but the 15 it has been as high as 129 with an unknown fuel octane/quality.

SHOdded

All the other PIDs working as expected on the '15?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ecoboostsho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 29, 2015, 06:06:01 AM
So has anybody figured out what the LOR # correlates to?

Obviously something with the octane...

It just sat at 100 with the 13 no matter the blend, but the 15 it has been as high as 129 with an unknown fuel octane/quality.
Are you still stock? In my experience LOR starts around 129 and then heads down to 100 as it learns. I don't know that it actually represents percent Octane but the fact that it is learning. Once it hits 100 it will stay there unless you unplug the battery for a length of time or tune it and then it will start over. That is the best I have been able to figure out and it is just a guess honestly.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

SHOdded

The way I see it (based on the Oracle [Internet]), the engine "learns" octane based on the feedback it gets from the knock sensor, i.e., correlates knock retard to octane level of current fuel.  For example:
http://www.cngchat.com/forum/showthread.php?9532-CNG-Stoich-and-Compression-Ratio-Vs-Pump-Gas&s=8d47458087926ffe3240cd0fa56b2871&p=52427#post52427

From that post:
High Octane Table -

E85 Adder Table -

FoMoCoSHO