• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Torque PIDs...Take 2

Started by ecoboostsho, June 07, 2014, 07:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on December 14, 2014, 04:32:14 PM
Lol, I will assume that was for our Russian poster....
AW SHUCK'S IT WAS.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

wasinger3000

Has anyone found a way to read tire pressure through torque? Sure wish ford would of added that to the gauges.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

SHOdded

At least the capability to tell WHICH tire is affected is now in the TPMS on the 2015 Edge, so presumably other refreshed lines as well.  Does not track the spare though.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

wasinger3000

The 15' F150 has individual tire pressure displayed. Which is really nice.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

perkdog65

Quote from: wasinger3000 on February 01, 2015, 08:59:32 PM
Has anyone found a way to read tire pressure through torque? Sure wish ford would of added that to the gauges.

Do you mean like this:

USN CPO(RET)
2014 Focus ST

wasinger3000

Quote from: perkdog65 on February 04, 2015, 01:16:16 PM
Quote from: wasinger3000 on February 01, 2015, 08:59:32 PM

Do you mean like this:
Oh my.... that's exactly what I want. Care to share the formula?

ecoboostsho

He's got a Focus...I know what the PIDs are (and the I believe the formula once upon a time) but in the 2010 - 2012 they came from the smart junction box and I never could get Torque to actually talk to that module.  I believe the 2013+ has a BCM so it may be possible to grab it given the method I used at the beginning to reverse engineer everything but I don't have a 2013+ so I couldn't try it.  If he knows the PID's and can talk to the module then Torque would have no problem displaying them.  Hopefully he will reply!

(edit - I had the BCM and smart junction box backwards in my original post...corrected.)
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

wasinger3000

Quote from: ecoboostsho on February 04, 2015, 01:38:05 PM
He's got a Focus...I know what the PIDs are (and the I believe the formula once upon a time) but in the 2010 - 2012 they came from the smart junction box and I never could get Torque to actually talk to that module.  I believe the 2013+ has a BCM so it may be possible to grab it given the method I used at the beginning to reverse engineer everything but I don't have a 2013+ so I couldn't try it.  If he knows the PID's and can talk to the module then Torque would have no problem displaying them.  Hopefully he will reply!

(edit - I had the BCM and smart junction box backwards in my original post...corrected.)
You could always walk me though what is needed to look for it if you want...

perkdog65

Sorry I didn't notice you were asking about a different car but on my FoST this is what i set up under the custom PID's.
LF: 222813
RF: 222814
RR: 222815
LR: 222816
Are the PID numbers and below are screen shots with the formula and other info.
USN CPO(RET)
2014 Focus ST

ecoboostsho

Quote from: wasinger3000 on February 04, 2015, 01:58:23 PM
Quote from: ecoboostsho on February 04, 2015, 01:38:05 PM

You could always walk me though what is needed to look for it if you want...

Just looked back in this thread - ShoBoat tried it on a 2013 (dialogue back on page 5) and it didn't work but I don't know exactly what he did.  You could try the PIDs from page 1 and use "726" in the header section and see if you get a response...You could also try the PIDs listed above or use the instructions on page 1 yourself to see what the PIDs are for the 2013+ if they are indeed different.
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)

SHOnUup

Should I use the new formula?

There's only 2 PID'S on page 1. How would that work?

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ecoboostsho

Quote from: SHOnUup on February 04, 2015, 04:34:28 PM
Should I use the new formula?

There's only 2 PID'S on page 1. How would that work?

Rich

If you check out page 5 each PID represents a set of tires front and back...the values for both tires are represented in the response I believe.  I still think the bigger problem for you (and me) on the 2010-2012's is the fact that the smart junction box is off of the MSCAN bus and Torque doesn't seem to like to talk to it...the 2013+ guys have a BCM off the HSCAN bus so they at least have a shot at it.

SHOnUup

Roger that...just went back and read the few pages...shucks

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

wasinger3000

Tested and confirmed working. I let air out of each tire to make sure it changed. It did, I then aired it back up and shows a steady pressure now. Pretty cool.. glad I tried it.