• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Torque PIDs...Take 2

Started by ecoboostsho, June 07, 2014, 07:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOnUup

Volts gauge at 13.7 for last couple days. Down from the normal 14.3?
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

Quote from: SHOnUup on August 22, 2014, 06:38:51 PM
On way from driving range, putt putt, and go karts we had the a/c on as ambient was a sticky 85*(IAT2 109*). With a/c on, light throttle on the e-way at 70 was giving a +3 kr! Turn off a/c and kr was complete opposite going right to -3.5? Can the a/c have that much affect?
Are both of your knock sensor wires routed away from the engine block or otherwise separated?  A/C does put a good electrical load on, may cause vibration as well.
Quote from: SHOnUup on August 23, 2014, 08:02:36 PM
Volts gauge at 13.7 for last couple days. Down from the normal 14.3?
With car off or started?  Idling or Driving?  Accessories on or off?  If during driving, then replacement may be due.  Is the battery still OEM?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Have the driver side wires wrapped and away from block but not passenger side.

13.7 while driving with radio on as only accessory and nothing being charged, well the obdlink.  Battery is a Motorcraft. We bought lightly used and battery has the dealerships name on a piece of masking tape on it. Motorcraft Max
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

I wouldn't worry about it right now.  If the dealership installed the battery, which it looks like it did, you may also have the 7 year warranty with it.  Keep a pic for future reference, but a good question to ask them also.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Quote from: SHOdded on August 23, 2014, 09:14:12 PM
I wouldn't worry about it right now.  If the dealership installed the battery, which it looks like it did, you may also have the 7 year warranty with it.  Keep a pic for future reference, but a good question to ask them also.
Definitely building a list. Trying to convince the worrier(wife), to drop the extended(outrageously priced)warranty as I just don't want to have to duck and dodge having it tuned. I'd rather fix stuff on the run instead of pay for something we might not use.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on August 23, 2014, 09:21:36 PM
Definitely building a list. Trying to convince the worrier(wife), to drop the extended(outrageously priced)warranty as I just don't want to have to duck Andrew dodge having it tuned. I'd rather fix stuff on the run instead of pay for something we might not use.
My personal opinion is that is a terrible idea. Lots of very expensive items to fix on these vehicles. On my ST the first failure cost almost 3x the price of the warranty. That car isnt nearly as advanced as the SHO. Ford has almost 30 recalls right now so I'd consider the likelihood high that you will get your moneys worth.

SHOnUup

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 23, 2014, 10:38:23 PM
Quote from: SHOnUup on August 23, 2014, 09:21:36 PM
Definitely building a list. Trying to convince the worrier(wife), to drop the extended(outrageously priced)warranty as I just don't want to have to duck Andrew dodge having it tuned. I'd rather fix stuff on the run instead of pay for something we might not use.
My personal opinion is that is a terrible idea. Lots of very expensive items to fix on these vehicles. On my ST the first failure cost almost 3x the price of the warranty. That car isnt nearly as advanced as the SHO. Ford has almost 30 recalls right now so I'd consider the likelihood high that you will get your moneys worth.
Appreciate the opinion. With my luck we'd drop the coverage and the front end would fall apart.;D

dalum

Quote from: SHOnUup on August 23, 2014, 09:06:11 PM
Have the driver side wires wrapped and away from block but not passenger side.

13.7 while driving with radio on as only accessory and nothing being charged, well the obdlink.  Battery is a Motorcraft. We bought lightly used and battery has the dealerships name on a piece of masking tape on it. Motorcraft Max

Starter+battery+alternator form a circle of life.  If one messes up enough it can kill all 3 in short order so don't skip over a few easy checks now.

How has the weather been?  Alternators will put out less power the hotter they get.  13-14.5v is considered "normal" output for an alternator.  It will vary with temperature, rpm, and load.  Press the start button twice (without foot on the brake) and see what it reads.  12.6 is perfect but since other stuff is running in the car already it probably won't read that.  Start the car with the lights and everything off and see what it reads at idle.  Turn on everything you can think of, lights, ac max cool, hazards, heated seats, rear defroster and check voltage.  Bring the rpm's up a little and check the voltage.

If at any time the voltage drops under the first voltage you saw the alternator isn't doing its job and you are taking power off the battery.  The battery's "only" job is to start the car.  Starter+battery+alternator form a circle of life.  If one messes up enough it can kill all 3 in short order so don't skip over a few easy checks now.
2013 Non-PP SHO

SHOnUup

After letting it sit for almost 2 days must have changed its attitude, lol. Suspecting the woman sitting with accessories on for extended period at her monthly class for work. She says no, but it was a weird no...lol
Steady 14.3 again.

ShoBoat

A quick pic, finally got the PTU temp working!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

SHOdded

Larrylu

PTU temp. I'm jealous!  Nice display BTW
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

SHOnUup

ShoBoat

Thanks guys!

2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

pejohnson

Sorry did I miss the PIDs for the PTU temps?

Quote from: ShoBoat on August 29, 2014, 01:35:15 PM
A quick pic, finally got the PTU temp working!

13 Platinum White, PP, 402A, Moonroof, Multi-contour seats, and Navigation.  MODS - LMS 93 octane 3bar tune, 160 LMS thermostat, Airaid CAI, 15% tint, interior LED upgrade, LED puddle lights, Nurburgring 20" Gloss Black Powercoated Rims, H&R springs, Corsa catback exhaust, LMS catted downpipes

Best time 1/4 mile 12.588 sec @ 109.44 mph