• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Torque PIDs...Take 2

Started by ecoboostsho, June 07, 2014, 07:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOnUup

Don't know why but I'm digging the blue.
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ecoboostsho

Updated the knock PID on the 1st page due to research in other thread here...

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,1448.0.html
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

SHOnUup

Think I'm happy with this setup for now. Notice the 0.1 hp I pulled by dropping the tablet...lol
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ShoBoat

Quick question, I just moved all my stuff to a newer Galaxy. And this PID Trans Temp TaurusTrans Temp221e1c(((signed(A)*256)+B)*(9/8)+320)/10-40300Deg is showing F? I copied the equation over exactly. Any ideas?
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

ecoboostsho

Quote from: ShoBoat on August 13, 2014, 03:17:26 PM
Quick question, I just moved all my stuff to a newer Galaxy. And this PID Trans Temp TaurusTrans Temp221e1c(((signed(A)*256)+B)*(9/8)+320)/10-40300Deg is showing F? I copied the equation over exactly. Any ideas?

I believe if you set the global units variable in Torque to Deg. C (*if it isn't already) and that may change it?  The equation as is will definitely read in Deg. F.  Worst case you could take the whole thing and multiple by .5555 and add 32 to get to Deg. C .
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)

ShoBoat

2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

SHOnUup

Any suggestions for gauge to replace timing adv.

ecoboostsho

Quote from: SHOnUup on August 14, 2014, 12:04:08 PM
Any suggestions for gauge to replace timing adv.
What exactly are you after? Can you be more specific?  Are you looking for a different PID for timing advance or a different style gauge or something else?

SHOnUup

Not really sure, hence the ask.

ShoBoat

Ok I didn't see these in the spreadsheet. I have used these in FORSCan a few times and they good to have as a diagnostic tool.

1 misfire count. This tells you the number if misfires you have had during the current drive cycle. Sine the car was started last.

PID 220345
Name Misfire Events
Short MSF Event
Equation B

2 misfire trips. This one tells you how many drive cycles since the last time it's had a number of misfires. I believe you need at least 5 to trip this to zero.

PID 2216dc
Long Misfire Trips
Short MSF trip
Equation B

It looks like these are just dependant on the B variable and it look correct. However I can't test the first one completely as I haven't had any in a while. If someone could confirm that would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOnUup

What max should I put on this?

ShoBoat

200 for both, it doesn't really matter that much as you won't be using a gauge with a dials just the numerical gauge is good.

SHOnUup

Quote from: ShoBoat on August 17, 2014, 10:39:47 AM
200 for both, it doesn't really matter that much as you won't be using a gauge with a dials just the numerical gauge is good.

Thanks, "was" gonna use a half dial with the low and high keepers to stay with my theme.

SHOnUup

Gauge shows activity with the blinking square but no misfires to report on.

ShoBoat

Quote from: SHOnUup on August 17, 2014, 04:07:13 PM
Gauge shows activity with the blinking square but no misfires to report on.

That's a good thing, did you check the other one? Misfire Trips?