• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Torque PIDs...Take 2

Started by ecoboostsho, June 07, 2014, 07:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOnUup

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ShoBoat

2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

Larrylu

Quote from: wasinger3000 on August 03, 2014, 12:13:15 PM
Larry what skin is that?
That skin is Bulletproof. I admired ShoBoat's and he passed the name to me.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

Larrylu

Speaking of getting turned around with this plus and minus knock retard thing, forget my initial attempt to duplicate my + 7 reading. I got a bit nervous worrying about the reading and my highway speed testing is bogus because I got turned around myself. I'm now pretty sure I was generating minus readings with my highway cruise. Got to get my head straight and start testing all over again.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

Larrylu

First thing I decided to flash back to stock for my upcoming dealer visit and a little comparison knock readings over the next couple of days. Oh no.....the MyCal Touch won't load the stock file. It says "Invalid File" and the code "CRC". I tried twice same results. Since I already had swapped out the 3 BAR for the stock 2 BAR, I figured I'd try to load my old Stage 4+  2 BAR  170 TStat. That loaded perfectly first time and I reset my knock retard gauge and drove off to gas up. I noticed my learned octane was at 134 (from usual 100). By the time I got to the station the learned octane was 124. I gassed up then headed home with the learned octane steady  at 124. So far my knock retard readings are -4 and +0   I'm particularly worried about not being able to load my stock tune file. Any one have any similar experience/advice?

SHOnUup

Quote from: Larrylu on August 03, 2014, 08:18:19 PM
First thing I decided to flash back to stock for my upcoming dealer visit and a little comparison knock readings over the next couple of days. Oh no.....the MyCal Touch won't load the stock file. It says "Invalid File" and the code "CRC". I tried twice same results. Since I already had swapped out the 3 BAR for the stock 2 BAR, I figured I'd try to load my old Stage 4+  2 BAR  170 TStat. That loaded perfectly first time and I reset my knock retard gauge and drove off to gas up. I noticed my learned octane was at 134 (from usual 100). By the time I got to the station the learned octane was 124. I gassed up then headed home with the learned octane steady  at 124. So far my knock retard readings are -4 and +0   I'm particularly worried about not being able to load my stock tune file. Any one have any similar experience/advice?
Might try disconnecting battery with 2 bar on and see if that helps.
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

Those knock readings are right on with mine on the 4++ tune from LMS.

BiGMaC

Larry... Likely the stock tune file has been corrupted... Contact Anthony at LMS and get a new copy of the stock tune.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ZSHO

Could be your OBD link adapter possibly giving you issues with loading the stock tune,i have the MX adapter and just skeptical when to many adapters are plugged in theOBD port and could affect or intefere with the ECU causing you to have issues returning the car to stock.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

Quote from: Larrylu on August 03, 2014, 11:38:10 AM
As requested here is a bigger pic of my current main screen display. I think it's the best I've had so far, but if I've learned anything about myself...it's that I can't leave well enough alone.

Think that's the "trailblazer" theme. Bulletproof has bright green numbers.

SHOnUup

Thinking the background is a bit bright in this one?

Larrylu

Quote from: Larrylu on August 03, 2014, 06:47:33 PM

Larry what skin is that?
I looked up the PM and I'm pretty sure ShoBoat said Bulletproof, found it, used it....TrailBlazer does not ring a bell. Now my wife would agree that I'm often wrong so if that's the case here, I apologize for the bum steer.

SHOnUup

Quote from: Larrylu on August 06, 2014, 01:46:28 PM

Quote from: Larrylu on August 03, 2014, 06:47:33 PM

Larry what skin is that?
I looked up the PM and I'm pretty sure ShoBoat said Bulletproof, found it, used it....TrailBlazer does not ring a bell. Now my wife would agree that I'm often wrong so if that's the case here, I apologize for the bum steer.
Totally fine...you have inspired me at the least....wish the needles were color changeable

Larrylu

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on August 06, 2014, 10:19:18 AM
Thinking the background is a bit bright in this one?
I took a cell pic with the flash off in the dark to create an easily importable black background.