• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Torque PIDs...Take 2

Started by ecoboostsho, June 07, 2014, 07:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on July 15, 2014, 04:57:48 PM
As I've read through this thread a few times now and know I've asked some repetitive questions. Maybe a note could be put at beginning for people to actually take notes for pages containing info on certain subjects. Just a thought, as I am about to ask if octane learned is for the fuel mixers?
Yes, I have been at 100 since I activated the gauge. I would hope so since I'm probably over 99 octane.

SHOnUup

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on July 16, 2014, 01:38:56 PM
As I've read through this thread a few times now and know I've asked some repetitive questions. Maybe a note could be put at beginning for people to actually take notes for pages containing info on certain subjects. Just a thought, as I am about to ask if octane learned is for the fuel mixers?
Yes, I have been at 100 since I activated the gauge. I would hope so since I'm probably over 99 octane.
So I could actually use it to check my octane? 93 = 93%
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on July 16, 2014, 01:46:27 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on July 16, 2014, 01:38:56 PM
Yes, I have been at 100 since I activated the gauge. I would hope so since I'm
probably over 99 octane.
So I could actually use it to check my octane? 93 = 93%
No, I think 93 would be 100 on the indicator.

I've also considered that gauge only changes with octane changes hence the "learned".

Not entirely sure though.....

Larrylu

I am used to the octane indicator sitting pretty static at 100% all the time. Today it showed me a new trick I don't understand. I got on the interstate, an set up cruise at 72 MPH. I looked over at my gauge display when I could and noticed a reading of 107%. It stayed there till I took my exit and next time I could look it was back to 100% again. On the reverse leg of the ride, I looked for a similar reading...nope it stayed at 100% all the way home. Guess I haven't figured out what it's telling me as yet. Any suggestions?
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

ecoboostsho

Quote from: Larrylu on July 16, 2014, 04:34:52 PM
I am used to the octane indicator sitting pretty static at 100% all the time. Today it showed me a new trick I don't understand. I got on the interstate, an set up cruise at 72 MPH. I looked over at my gauge display when I could and noticed a reading of 107%. It stayed there till I took my exit and next time I could look it was back to 100% again. On the reverse leg of the ride, I looked for a similar reading...nope it stayed at 100% all the way home. Guess I haven't figured out what it's telling me as yet. Any suggestions?
Interesting. I swear mine went 102% right after a fill up but then it was zero the next time I looked...maybe the car is testing it somehow?
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

ecoboostsho

I also updated the 1st post quite a bit. I did a cut and paste on some of the info and included page numbers for relevant PID discussions. If you get a chance to look I'm open to feedback on how to improve it!
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)

Larrylu

Quote from: ecoboostsho on July 16, 2014, 06:43:03 PM
Quote from: Larrylu on July 16, 2014, 04:34:52 PM
Interesting. I swear mine went 102% right after a fill up but then it was zero the next time I looked...maybe the car is testing it somehow?
BTW I forgot to mention that I was at a half tank and had not added fuel recently. We really don't have all the answers on this PID do we?
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

SHOnUup

Quote from: ecoboostsho on July 16, 2014, 06:44:30 PM
I also updated the 1st post quite a bit. I did a cut and paste on some of the info and included page numbers for relevant PID discussions. If you get a chance to look I'm open to feedback on how to improve it!
Won't be able to look until later (busy peeling crap vinyl job from tails...plasti-dip time), but I imagine it will be spot on adding to the holiness of the grail as it be...lol
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

Quote from: ecoboostsho on July 16, 2014, 06:44:30 PM
Liking the update!!! If I can get done with the few projects around here a nice add might be normal operating conditions, and an above normal or danger range for commonly tracked temps, etc.

Thanks again ;)

SHOnUup

So yesterday I came out to start car and noticed I left the obdlink plugged in...first time doing so...when I started car I got the dash full of lights and warmings...turned off, unplugged, and all was fine...definitely don't leave plugged in

wasinger3000

That's odd. I leave mine in all the time and have never seen that happen.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

ecoboostsho

Mine never gets unplugged...no issues...

SHOnUup

Wonder if it's because of other Bluetooth devices being in same area when the tablet isnt?

ShoBoat

Quote from: SHOnUup on July 17, 2014, 09:41:35 AM
So yesterday I came out to start car and noticed I left the obdlink plugged in...first time doing so...when I started car I got the dash full of lights and warmings...turned off, unplugged, and all was fine...definitely don't leave plugged in

That's happened to me also. Only when Torque is already running and the dongle is plugged in at startup. If you shut off Torque on your device it shouldn't happen.

Once at the track it nearly gave me a heart attack, I started the car and all kinds of errors came up. Including low oil pressure lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

SHOnUup

If I hadn't read somewhere about this happening I would of probably had a heart attack also...thx for the pointer!!