• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Torque PIDs...Take 2

Started by ecoboostsho, June 07, 2014, 07:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShoBoat

Quote from: wasinger3000 on July 09, 2014, 10:48:18 AM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on July 09, 2014, 09:39:00 AM
Not only will your gauge not display but if there is an issue, the are no pids to communicate a problem.

There is a tsb, and its a pretty simple deal.
Well is that a load of crap.... so is it all SHO's without the PP. Or is it hit and miss? I want to know if my PTU is going to grenade and it would be nice if my catr could give me a heads up before it goes. If it goes... I dont like uncertainties.

True, I guess you could add that when you take it in to get the shaft fixed for the recall.

Just out if curiosity how would the average joe know that this is missing? We are in the PCM looking around and found it missing, if you weren't looking for it you would have no idea that anything was missing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

wasinger3000

Quote from: ShoBoat on July 09, 2014, 10:52:07 AM

Not only will your gauge not display but if there is an issue, the are no pids to communicate a problem.

Well is that a load of crap.... so is it all SHO's without the PP. Or is it hit and miss? I want to know if my PTU is going to grenade and it would be nice if my catr could give me a heads up before it goes. If it goes... I dont like uncertainties.

True, I guess you could add that when you take it in to get the shaft fixed for the recall.

Just out if curiosity how would the average joe know that this is missing? We are in the PCM looking around and found it missing, if you weren't looking for it you would have no idea that anything was missing!

Haha. Yeah it is a bit conspicuous. If most of the dealers don't even know what It is or how to do it then I guess I might be asking for to much. 99% of the cars life I bet the PTU will do just fine weather I was looking at its data or not.

But I'm not the kind of person that just sits around and just goes with the flow. Trail blazing is more my speed.

Along with my washer fluid pump that's bad, the half shaft, license plate bulb housing, and now asking for them to add these PID'S. I don't  think I'm going to make any new friends this weekend.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: wasinger3000 on July 09, 2014, 11:08:39 AM

Haha. Yeah it is a bit conspicuous. If most of the dealers done even know what It is or how to do it then I guess I might be asking for to much. 99% of the cars like I bet the PTU will do just fine weather I was looking at its data or not.

But I'm not the kind of person that just sits around and just goes with the flow. Trail blazing is more my speed.

Along with my washer fluid pump that's bad, the half shaft, license plate bulb housing, and now asking for them to add these PID'S. I don't  think I'm going to make any new friends this weekend.
You should inquire about the pcv tsb too! With the absurd amount of recalls dealerships are currently dealing with you will be their bff, lol.

wasinger3000

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on July 09, 2014, 11:10:39 AM

Haha. Yeah it is a bit conspicuous. If most of the dealers done even know what It is or how to do it then I guess I might be asking for to much. 99% of the cars like I bet the PTU will do just fine weather I was looking at its data or not.

You should inquire about the pcv tsb too! With the absurd amount of recalls dealerships are currently dealing with you will be their bff, lol.
Oh yeah! Forgot about that one too! Hah. I could have a weeks worth of work for them to do. Do you think I should put my BOV recirculation hoses back on before I take it in? I hate putting them back on all the time.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

FoMoCoSHO

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: wasinger3000 on July 09, 2014, 11:14:20 AM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on July 09, 2014, 11:10:39 AM

Oh yeah! Forgot about that one too! Hah. I could have a weeks worth of work for them to do. Do you think I should put my BOV recirculation hoses back on before I take it in? I hate putting them back on all the time.
IIRC vta mods are one of the specific issues they are looking for in that warranty ssb.

I would put them on.

wasinger3000

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on July 09, 2014, 11:56:08 AM
Awd tsb

12-7-3
Is there a way for me to find more Info on this? Something I can print off and hand to them or at least something I can explain to them.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: wasinger3000 on July 09, 2014, 12:09:04 PM
Awd tsb

12-7-3
Is there a way for me to find more Info on this? Something I can print off and hand to them or at least something I can explain to them.
I would be concerned if they couldn't handle a tsb they have the number for. All they have to do is hook up to IDS, see if the pids are there and if not, download them.

That being said, I will look at the report for my car when I get home tonight and post specific wording as I prefer not to press my luck with High Command when she is at work.

wasinger3000

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on July 09, 2014, 12:15:49 PM
Quote from: wasinger3000 on July 09, 2014, 12:09:04 PM
Awd tsb

12-7-3
I would be concerned if they couldn't handle a tsb they have the number for. All they have to do is hook up to IDS, see if the pids are there and if not, download them.

That being said, I will look at the report for my car when I get home tonight and post specific wording as I prefer not to press my luck with High Command when she is at work.

I don't put much of any faith in the dealership anymore.. I usually have to facilitate every action. I would appreciate the specifics when you get time. I just know if i walk in there and say do this TSB they will say... why?

FoMoCoSHO

ShoBoat

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on July 09, 2014, 09:26:03 PM
AWD TSB

Now that's service! Thanks!

2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

FoMoCoSHO

SHOnUup

Wow...hats off to the quick retrieval
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

Jus checked the mail...to my surprise my OBDLink Mx Bluetooth was in there...didn't finalize order until like 10 pm Monday night and picked standard free usps ...3 day was like $20...came for free that fast...looks like it might be a long night
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

After thinking I copied the attachment over to my tablet in the right folder, still couldn't find it in torque so I just manually loaded some custom PID'S ...

Noticed a difference in the equations for the 2 fuel pump pressure PID'S. ..when lookin at those 2 on 1st page they have .145 compared to 1.145 in the attachment file...haven't got to test which one is right yet.