• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Torque PIDs...Take 2

Started by ecoboostsho, June 07, 2014, 07:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larrylu

You are only communicating from the MX to the tablet a couple of feet away. So data use is not a factor. Speed is important and the MX has proven to be one of the fastest so I think Bluetooth is the way to go. MX turns itself off when car activity stops...another big factor I think.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

ecoboostsho

Quote from: SHOnUup on July 07, 2014, 04:10:09 PM
Which one would be best? Bluetooth or wifi? I can accommodate either one. If there isn't a performance difference, I'm thinking Bluetooth to avoid extra data usage.

While you can get a MX to communicate over Wifi or Bluetooth I'm not sure if Torque will recognize the Wifi adapter...Bluetooth looks more like a serial port.

From a pure speed either should be more than adequate.  Bluetooth 3.0 is 24mbps and Wifi (depending on whether it is G or N) is capable of hundred of megabits per second.  However the CAN bus is only 500kbps so either technology is plenty fast enough.
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

SHOnUup

Thx. As I try to order the Bluetooth model on scantool.net it keeps redirecting me to order the wifi version...next site here I come...

Any site you guys prefer? As I'm gonna purchase some aftermarket goods from ecopowerparts.com to support what happens here, I would buy from a site that's got good reviews from here to further SHO the family feel of owning a SHO
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ecoboostsho

I ordered from scantool.net...just went out there now and it looks like I can order one?
http://www.scantool.net/obdlink-mx.html

I was able to add it to a cart and proceed to checkout. 
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)

SHOnUup

Gonna try cpu instead of phone then...getting excited!!!

By the way, is the fastest tune only SHO still the 12.669?
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

FoMoCoSHO

SHOdded

OBDLink MX is the best one, but it does cost $100 direct from Amazon.  I don't know if 4DR Mike has a line on any better deals.

BTW, was watching a couple of shows on House Hunters International.  Seems they have a good vet school out in St. Kitt's.  Maybe paying off those loans is just as much of a headache as med school!

Good luck with your pet.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Thx ...my better half racked up some nice school bills becoming a nurse, definitely paying off now...

Just ordered from scantool.net and am officially itching to get it going...

SHOnUup

Larry, did you receive my pm back...doesn't show in my pm ' s for some reason...

SHOdded

If you are looking for PMs you sent, you need to click on MY MESSAGES, then MESSAGES, then SENT ITEMS.  HTH.

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

wasinger3000

Anything look wrong with this? For some reason this is the only one that just will not work.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

FoMoCoSHO

Yeah, I wish I could get awd to work also. I'm also uncomfortable with the knock gauge. It was active in the negatives my entire way to work when cruise was lightly accelerating on slight grades. It was actually pulling timing, not adding. I guess it could be pulling less timing though.

ecoboostsho

Quote from: wasinger3000 on July 07, 2014, 09:16:47 PM
Anything look wrong with this? For some reason this is the only one that just will not work.
Looks good. Do you get a response when you hit "test"?

wasinger3000

Quote from: ecoboostsho on July 07, 2014, 09:22:40 PM
Quote from: wasinger3000 on July 07, 2014, 09:16:47 PM
Looks good. Do you get a response when you hit "test"?
It won't respond. Not sure what's going on. Maybe I'll delete it and recreate it.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

ecoboostsho

I unfortunately believe the module address is different. Do you have a laptop and Forscan by chance?