• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Torque PIDs...Take 2

Started by ecoboostsho, June 07, 2014, 07:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larrylu

Quote from: SHOnUup on July 07, 2014, 03:18:38 PM
Am I looking at wrong harness...obdlink mx
That's the one you want. It's not a harness though. It's a dongle that plugs into the OBD port and hooks to the tablet using Bluetooth.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

glock-coma

Quote from: ecoboostsho on July 07, 2014, 02:34:10 PM
Quote from: SHOnUup on July 07, 2014, 10:45:27 AM
EBPF Mad Scientists Thread ...you guys are awesome...getting ready to order my goods to set up Torque. ..is there a torque for dummies setup yet...lol....thx again
Glad you are going to start monitoring! What are you going to run Torque on if I may ask?  I currently use a Droid Maxx but would like a little more screen real estate so I may move up to a 7" tablet.

I highly recommend the asus memo pad hd7. It's basically a nexus minus the google name.  Asus actually make the nexus.
I did a lot of reasearch before I made my decision last year.
One of the main selling points for me was the micro sd slot (up to 32gb) which the nexus does not have.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00E0EY7Z6?pc_redir=1404612952&robot_redir=1
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

Larrylu

Quote from: SHOnUup on July 07, 2014, 03:20:25 PM
Larry, how tough was it to stealth the wire... i know it gets pretty messy under some dashboards
It's not bad really. It's pretty cramped under the dash drivers side where the fuse box is located. If you are young and flexible no prob. I'm not so I struggled.  I wired a female cig lighter connector to a hot on ignition wire I found on an unused fuse. Then I plugged in a car USB adaptor into that. Then ran the USB under the dash and the rest depends on where you decide to mount your tablet. I mounted mine over the Nav display so I came out with the USB cable from under the speaker grill.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

SHOnUup

My terminology will get better, I hope...so much to learn about these high tech rides nowadays. ..think I've just overstuffed my brain last few months with all the great info here...thx for all the tips and pointers, they are greatly appreciated...

Have the owners of torque approached you guys for job openings yet...lol
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

That sounds doable. I have a 10 year old with skinny arms and a love for working with dad...sounds like a perfect job for us
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Larrylu

Quote from: SHOnUup on July 07, 2014, 03:27:40 PM
My terminology will get better, I hope...so much to learn about these high tech rides nowadays. ..think I've just overstuffed my brain last few months with all the great info here...thx for all the tips and pointers, they are greatly appreciated...

Have the owners of torque approached you guys for job openings yet...lol

I'd make a good cheerleader cause I really like and enjoy working and learning with it, but I'm not a nerd so it takes me a while sometimes to solve problems. I've been playing with my Tablet with torque for close to a couple of years now and the enjoyment keeps ramping up as I learn more and do more. ecoboostsho in particular has done more to expand the usefulness of Torque in our vehicles than I could have ever envisioned. So I do encourage you and if I can help with advice or info, I'm glad to repay what I have received.

SHOnUup

Thx for the advice glock-coma. Gonna run this freebie first.

SHOnUup

The teamwork and selflessness in this thread is beyond words. I imagine that I will be a confused puppy looking for guidance shortly. Math I always loved, patience is still a work in progress. At some point I might have to offer up some drinks and dinner for a good tutorial! !!

ecoboostsho

Definitely a team effort!  I may have figured out a way to get the PIDs but everyone on this thread has helped in many ways - either through testing or coming up with great ideas or even contributing their own PIDs etc...  It's been a lot of fun!
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

Larrylu

I spent most of my initial efforts on the physical installation. Wiring and mounting because I'm fussy and I had a goal of how I wanted the tablet to work (auto on and off and self maintaining charge). Once I got that accomplished I thought I was done but I found out that Torque is pretty powerful and customizable so the work (or play) continues.

SHOnUup

Can't wait to join you guys and by some miracle am able to contribute...vet just quoted us at 4-700 bucks...small price to pay to keep the family happy...

ecoboostsho

Quote from: SHOnUup on July 07, 2014, 03:57:42 PM
Can't wait to join you guys and by some miracle am able to contribute...vet just quoted us at 4-700 bucks...small price to pay to keep the family happy...
Ouch...hope everything turns out all right!
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

Larrylu

Hope you get stellar recovery.

SHOnUup

Thx...from the sound of vet we should be ok...

SHOnUup

Which one would be best? Bluetooth or wifi? I can accommodate either one. If there isn't a performance difference, I'm thinking Bluetooth to avoid extra data usage.