• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Torque PIDs...Take 2

Started by ecoboostsho, June 07, 2014, 07:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecoboostsho

It would have to he calculated since we don't have mass air flow sensors but definitely interested! I've got a calculated mass air flow gauge but it only reads less than a gram per second all the time which is ridiculously small...
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

wasinger3000

Quote from: ecoboostsho on July 06, 2014, 07:52:26 AM
You need to create 3 new PIDs as follows in the format of "Long Name", "Short Name", PID, Equation:

Intake Air Temp 2IAT22203ca(A-40)*1.8+32
Ambient TempAmbient Temp[46]*1.8+32
Ambient to IAT2Temp Diff(VAL{Intake Air Temp 2})-(VAL{Ambient Temp})

Then add the gauge Ambient to IAT2 and that should get you the total "heatsoak"...The trick to the third gauge is that there isn't a PID...you leave it blank and then create an equation referencing the first two PIDs you created.

Hope that helps?
Ok I get it now. What I am looking to do is subtract the air temp by the filter box from the sensor temp right before the throttle body. Since that sensor isn't heat soaked on top of the intake it should give me a more accurate reading of what the intercooler is doing.

Would I just use the equations from page one in place of the ones you just made an example with?

Thank you for the help!
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

ecoboostsho

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)

wasinger3000

Can i use the already existing PID for intake air temp? Or do i need to create a new one? If i do what would the formula for that be?
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

wasinger3000

Is the waste gate % supposed to be showing a value while under throttle? Seems like it's opening under boost...

ecoboostsho

Quote from: wasinger3000 on July 06, 2014, 02:24:14 PM
Can i use the already existing PID for intake air temp? Or do i need to create a new one? If i do what would the formula for that be?
Sorry for the late reply but I couldn't grab this out of the car. 

IAT1

PID: 22F40f
Equation ((A-40)*1.8 )+32

...and yes you can just substitute that in for the formula and calculate the difference.

ecoboostsho

Quote from: wasinger3000 on July 06, 2014, 09:16:31 PM
Is the waste gate % supposed to be showing a value while under throttle? Seems like it's opening under boost...
Yes it will do that I believe.  It regulates the boost to a pre determined level based on throttle and boost level.  If it only wants 11 psi it will open under boost to keep that number.

wasinger3000

Quote from: ecoboostsho on July 06, 2014, 09:37:27 PM
Quote from: wasinger3000 on July 06, 2014, 02:24:14 PM
Sorry for the late reply but I couldn't grab this out of the car. 

IAT1

PID: 22F40f
Equation ((A-40)*1.8 )+32

...and yes you can just substitute that in for the formula and calculate the difference.

Quote from: ecoboostsho on July 06, 2014, 09:39:34 PM
Quote from: wasinger3000 on July 06, 2014, 09:16:31 PM
Yes it will do that I believe.  It regulates the boost to a pre determined level based on throttle and boost level.  If it only wants 11 psi it will open under boost to keep that number.

Ok great! Thank you for the help!

It would make sense to moderate the boost that way. Under heavy throttle  sometimes I see 80%. Must be lots of boost left in these turbos.

SHOnUup

EBPF Mad Scientists Thread ...you guys are awesome...getting ready to order my goods to set up Torque. ..is there a torque for dummies setup yet...lol....thx again
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ecoboostsho

Quote from: SHOnUup on July 07, 2014, 10:45:27 AM
EBPF Mad Scientists Thread ...you guys are awesome...getting ready to order my goods to set up Torque. ..is there a torque for dummies setup yet...lol....thx again
Glad you are going to start monitoring! What are you going to run Torque on if I may ask?  I currently use a Droid Maxx but would like a little more screen real estate so I may move up to a 7" tablet. 

Larrylu

Quote from: ecoboostsho on July 07, 2014, 02:34:10 PM
Quote from: SHOnUup on July 07, 2014, 10:45:27 AM
Glad you are going to start monitoring! What are you going to run Torque on if I may ask?  I currently use a Droid Maxx but would like a little more screen real estate so I may move up to a 7" tablet.

AHRGH!!  What ever you got ......it's never big enough. I have a Nexus 7 and I wish it was bigger. Just like flat screen TV's I guess.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

SHOnUup

Just received free Samsung galaxy tab 2 (7") from Verizon last week with our new contracts...actually walked out only adding $7 to our monthly bill with cell service to both our tablets...we've had car for 3 months now and it's killing me to not be monitoring it...i see there's a couple different wires to hook the tablet up to car...haven't looked in last week so the names I don't remember. ..take it I need to buy the expensive one to achieve best results...was gonna order today but have been busy with sick animal to the vet all day...
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Larrylu

Guy on another forum has decided not to do the tablet thing and is selling his MX dongle. That's the one to get in my opinion.  I think I remember him asking $50. If interested PM me for contact info. Only one wire really. Just need to hook the USB charger cord to a hot on ignition fuse if you want auto on and off. If you don't mind plugging and unplugging, and you are not going to stealth your cord, then you don't even have to do that. I did though!
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

SHOnUup

Am I looking at wrong harness...obdlink mx

SHOnUup

Larry, how tough was it to stealth the wire... i know it gets pretty messy under some dashboards