• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Torque PIDs...Take 2

Started by ecoboostsho, June 07, 2014, 07:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larrylu

2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

Larrylu

For what it's worth I've been running with a working Knock Retard gauge for a couple of days, and not in a WOT situation but in more moderate and varied driving I've racked up a -5 and a +4.   Sounds exactly like what was previously reported.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

millinnium

You guys want more?? :)

Knock Sensor 1
Knock Sensor 2
A7 = 167

KNOCK CONTROL SPARK ADJUSTMENT
KNOCKSPRK (DEG)
2203EC

Rear O2 Fuel Trim (RO2FT1)
2203BD

YAW RATE (RPM) ABS
222B0B

SHOnUup

This is an awesome thread right here....really excites me and is motivating me to get some monitoring device up and running...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

millinnium

New PID Found:

Need equation figured out though.

1FA4 = -5.75A

Battery Current   BATT CUR   224090   ((signed(A)*256)+b)/4   -600   600   Amp   726

millinnium

Those that are interested in the Learned Octane Adjust,

the readings in HEX and the result converted to % are:

DCEC = 54.81%

D145 = 73.01%

but i can't figure out the maths behind it. HEX converted to Decimal will make DCEC > D145 but the % result intepreted is the opposite...

ecoboostsho

Quote from: millinnium on June 18, 2014, 08:48:38 AM

DCEC = 54.81%

D145 = 73.01%

but i can't figure out the maths behind it. HEX converted to Decimal will make DCEC > D145 but the % result intepreted is the opposite...

If you look up a few threads we've got it figure out I believe on Page 8.  On my car if I flash a new tune in it the LROA starts at 0 and after a long pull in 3rd and 4th at WOT jumps to 100% and then on my car it has slowly backed down to 75% over time.   I'm guessing I could use a little more octane but it is still on the positive side...
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

SHOnUup

Makes my brain hurt a little though...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ecoboostsho

Quote from: millinnium on June 18, 2014, 08:45:47 AM
New PID Found:

Need equation figured out though.

1FA4 = -5.75A

Battery Current   BATT CUR   224090   ((signed(A)*256)+b)/4   -600   600   Amp   726

I will have to see if I can get that PID on my car.  We can get 100's more of these pretty easily (I am just using a serial sniffer and watching the CAN bus using a Scan tool) the tricky part is always the equation.  If you can get me two points and two hex values we can calculate a potential formula assuming it is a linear response. 

i.e. if you know 1FA4 is -5.75 then just get me another value pair and we can plug it in to a basic line/slope equation and try it out.
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)

ecoboostsho

Figured out something kind of cool today with Torque.  I was watching the Fuel pump Desired gauge and trying to compare it to the "Actual" to see how close they were.  It then occurred to me that it would be ideal to have this calculated and displayed as a gauge.  The idea being if you are at the track and/or running E85 you could start to see if your pump was getting behind and fuel pressure was dropping - which would be bad.  I then stumbled across an interesting way to subtract two PIDs in Torque (on a Prius site of all places!). 

You just create a new custom PID but you leave the "PID" field blank and then enter the PIDs in the formula section.  The trick is you have to reference each PID EXACTLY by name...no typos allowed.  We had figured out "Desired" earlier and while the "Actual" is already available in Torque I found out the PID ID the usual way figuring sometimes the Ford PID is actually better than the standard one due to more frequent updates.

So first make sure the following two custom PIDs are already defined in Torque.

Fuel Pump pressure "desired"
Name:  Fuel Pump Desired Pressure
PID:  2203dc
torque Equation: ((256*A)+b)*10*.145  readout in PSI.
Unit: PSI

Fuel Pump Rail Pressure2  (Already in Torque but I am calling it out specifically)
Name: Fuel Pump Rail Pressure2
PID: 22F423
Equation:  ((256*A)+b)*10*.145  readout in PSI.

Then add another custom PID in torque but as stated leave the actual PID field blank.  The PID name you are referencing is what is in between the {}  and as stated above the long names need to match exactly.

Differential Fuel Pump Pressure (Uses two previous PIDs to calculate a Torque "Virtual PID" and display the results!)
PID:
Name: Fuel Pressure Differential
Equation:  (VAL{Fuel Pump Desired Pressure}) - (VAL{Fuel Pump Rail Pressure2})

I did this and it works great!  the only thing I'm not sure of is the order the PIDs are all being scanned...If one PID was at the beginning of a scan and the other was at the end of scan this could create a larger "discrepancy" than is really there.  Still fun to watch though!

You could do the same thing with requested Air/Fuel vs Commanded Air/Fuel to see how far off the car is...kind of cool!

As always I updated the first post so you don't have to search through all this.

Larrylu

This new functionality reminds me of the process one had to go through to get a boost gauge with the MyCal Touch. Makes Torque a pretty powerful and flexible tool.

millinnium

Quote from: ecoboostsho on June 18, 2014, 08:59:31 AM

DCEC = 54.81%

D145 = 73.01%

If you look up a few threads we've got it figure out I believe on Page 8.  On my car if I flash a new tune in it the LROA starts at 0 and after a long pull in 3rd and 4th at WOT jumps to 100% and then on my car it has slowly backed down to 75% over time.   I'm guessing I could use a little more octane but it is still on the positive side...

Hi Ecoboost, i have tried your formula  ((256*A)+B)/49152*100) but not getting the same result as what FORScan is showing.

For example:

Hex DCEC which FORScan calculated to 54.81% if plugged to your formula = 56556/49152*100 = 115.06%

Hex D145 which FORScan calculated to 73.01% if plugged to your formula = 53573/49152*100 = 108.99%

This is why i say the formula is not correct since Hex DCEC is mathematically smaller than Hex D145, yet the calculated percent value from FORScan shows it as a larger percentage.

ecoboostsho

I think it is calculated differently between our two ecu's. I will try and post some raw values. The formula seems to work for the Taurus.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

ecoboostsho

Has anyone else tried the octane adjust? Can you post your results?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

ecoboostsho

Quote from: millinnium on June 18, 2014, 08:17:47 PM
Quote from: ecoboostsho on June 18, 2014, 08:59:31 AM

DCEC = 54.81%

D145 = 73.01%

Hi Ecoboost, i have tried your formula  ((256*A)+B)/49152*100) but not getting the same result as what FORScan is showing.

For example:

Hex DCEC which FORScan calculated to 54.81% if plugged to your formula = 56556/49152*100 = 115.06%

Hex D145 which FORScan calculated to 73.01% if plugged to your formula = 53573/49152*100 = 108.99%

This is why i say the formula is not correct since Hex DCEC is mathematically smaller than Hex D145, yet the calculated percent value from FORScan shows it as a larger percentage.
Okay - given the two data points you've given I did a little math and the equation you should be using is (not 100% positive here but give it a shot).

((256*A)+B)*(-0.0000610124)+3.998717499

Yes I went crazy with the precision after the decimal points...and note that is multiplying a negative number NOT multiplying and then minus.  It's just Y=mX+B format based on the points provided assuming I calculated it correctly.

Weirdly enough this formula and the one I figured out for the Taurus are not as far off as they might appear.  If you calculate out 100% in this formula it equates to roughly 49152 but yours has a negative slope so smaller values mean larger numbers (which is what you noted).

Try this and see if it works.  It's getting late here and my math may be off...the only other option is that your car is using the -1 to +1 referenced elsewhere and those values provided are actually signed binary numbers...but my brain hurts thinking about it right now so try this first. :)