• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Torque PIDs...Take 2

Started by ecoboostsho, June 07, 2014, 07:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShoBoat

Quote from: ecoboostsho on June 11, 2014, 12:03:21 PM
Quote from: ShoBoat on June 11, 2014, 11:00:41 AM
I gave the formulas a try, I didn't get a response on Torque. I will try a few more things tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for trying it!  If it didn't respond at all that doesn't bode very well - that said Torque does let you specify the module manually.  You could try entering the module name (look it up in Forscan) and see if that helps...

Where would I enter the module in Torque?

2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

ecoboostsho

That would be in the "Header" section I believe it is called within the gauge configuration itself.  It defaults to "Auto" if you leave it blank but you can specify the module if you know it. i.e. PCM, TCM
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

ShoBoat

Cool I'll give that a try

2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

ShoBoat

No dice, the name for the module is BdyCM which is short for body control module. torque will not accept the header.

I wonder if there is any other way to get torque pointed in the right direction.

ecoboostsho

No joy here either.  I did determine that the PIDs are in pairs and it is a "front" and "rear" grouping.  I just realized you have a 2013...the 2011 doesn't have a BCM...we have a "Smart Junction Box" which is indeed on the MSCAN.  The BCM in your car is on the HSCAN so I would think it would be more likely yours would work but maybe the address changed.  I was hoping this was the reason you weren't getting a response and maybe I still could, but I've tried everything including trying to figure out the hex address of the module so I could plug that right in to Torque but it doesn't look like it is going to happen.

Also I figured out the "Torque Control Requested" PID and it is actually just an indicator of what function requested the Torque Control not the value itself.  Values ranged from "Transmission" to "Tip In" to "Lean Decel".  I can map them if anyone is terribly interested but I don't see a ton of value in them from a performance standpoint so I'm going to let that die on the vine...
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)

ShoBoat

Are these the Hex addresses? Can I just enter them as is? If that's the case I may be of more use. I can read these from my laptop.

ShoBoat

ecoboostsho

Yes they are just Hex addresses.  Your screen shot is the hex address of the PID itself not of the module...You could use a serial sniffer and find it out in theory.  Unless there is another screen in OBDWiz (haven't seen that one before) that gives it to you.  Send me a PM if you are interested and I can get you set up...it really isn't hard to figure out the addresses with the right tool.

Larrylu

Just a little feedback on the air temps. I noticed that starting from cold, at first all the temps were pretty close to ambient. As it warmed up, IAT stayed very close to ambient but CAC and IAT2 started to warm as expected.  What was puzzling to me is that for a short period of time, maybe 4 or 5 minutes the CAC was running about 6 degrees warmer than IAT2. Is there any explanation that you can think of that would explain the CAC being warmer than IAT2?  A little later in the warm up process, the IAT2 exceeded the CAC and it looked normal to me from that point on. Wonder if coolant flow or closed  T-Stat could cause CAC sensor to warm faster than intake manifold?
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

ecoboostsho

Hmm...good question.  I paid attention to it this morning and while CAC was close to IAT2 just after start up it never actually exceeded it.  I'm guessing if you got on the turbocharger it would heat the air up quickly...showing a higher CAC reading...I would only expect IAT2 to be lower if the manifold was still "heat sinking" because it wasn't warmed up yet but I don't know after 4 or 5 minutes I would expect it to be pretty warm?  It is also definitely possible that the CAC temp is a little off...it was interpreted where as the IAT2 formula was very straightforward to figure out.  I would definitely trust IAT2 over CAC when in doubt at this point.

ShoBoat

I don't usually monitor the CAC temp. Just IAT1&2. I will check it out this morning.

Larrylu

FWIW...I was not into the turbos at all during this monitoring process as she was still pretty cool. Short haul suburban driving grandpa style LOL!
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

ShoBoat

Quote from: Larrylu on June 13, 2014, 08:22:40 AM
FWIW...I was not into the turbos at all during this monitoring process as she was still pretty cool. Short haul suburban driving grandpa style LOL!

Were you running the AC? I wonder if that would have any impact? I believe that the CAC is sandwiched between the rad and the AC.

Larrylu

Climate control was engaged but outside temps were low to mid 60's. I repeated the trip and the results this am. I noticed that after the initial odd differential ( the CAC being warmer than the IAT2 by about 5 degrees), as they moved to a more normal readings that both readings were in motion simultaneously. The CAC was cooling as the IAT2 was warming. This happened pretty rapidly so that in a matter of a minute or less the CAC was reading cooler than the IAT2. I am running the 170 degree stat. What if the CAC warms more quickly than the IAT2 while T-Stat is closed then cools quickly as the stat opens and normal circulation begins. Possibility??

ShoBoat

That would actually make sense, the turbos are heated by the exhaust, the intake manifold is a big hunk of aluminum. It would be reasonable that the air in the CAC for a short time be higher than the intake manifold. As the intake manifold is working like a big heat sink.