• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Torque PIDs...Take 2

Started by ecoboostsho, June 07, 2014, 07:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dalum

Quote from: ShoBoat on June 09, 2014, 04:15:18 PM

It looks that way, I went through Forscan and I couldn't find it. There is Engine Low oil pressure. But no # to go with it. Weird?.

Low oil pressure is just a physical switch that gets toggled at a set pressure.  IE above x psi = open switch | below x psi = closed switch = dummy light saying "low oil" turns on.
2013 Non-PP SHO

ShoBoat

Quote from: dalum on June 10, 2014, 04:52:48 PM
Quote from: ShoBoat on June 09, 2014, 04:15:18 PM

It looks that way, I went through Forscan and I couldn't find it. There is Engine Low oil pressure. But no # to go with it. Weird?.

Low oil pressure is just a physical switch that gets toggled at a set pressure.  IE above x psi = open switch | below x psi = closed switch = dummy light saying "low oil" turns on.

Interesting, there is no oil pressure read, but there is a sensor that can tell you how hot your but is lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

ecoboostsho

Okay - progress on the tire pressures.  Not there quite yet though.  It is an interesting one as it was only giving me two PIDs back for all four tire pressures.  It turns out that one of the PIDs is for either the left side or the right side...or possibly both front tires or both back tires together.  In other words they are in pairs.  Each PID returns 2 values for two tires. So 2 PIDs gets you 4 tires. 

The PIDs are 224140 and 224141.  They return a decimal value that gets divided by 3 and that gives you the pressure in KPA.  At least I think...I am trying to verify all this.  The challenge is two fold.  First my scan tool pretends it knows which tire is the "front left" etc...well that is great until you rotate them a few dozen times...then they don't match up so it's made correlating the values challenging.  The next issue is that I have to figure out which variable in the formula to use for individual tires.  It might be as simple as A/3 and B/3 (multiply each of those 0.145 if you want PSI).

As soon as I have time to verify all this I will but if you get bored you could try it and see if the results make sense to you!  :)
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

ShoBoat

I will give it a go, and report back. Thanks!
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

ecoboostsho

Actually if that doesn't work you may need to try this:

((A*256)+B)/3 for one tire   and ((C*256)+D)/3 for the other.  You would create two gauges each with the same PID but each gauge would use the different formula.  I don't think the first set of formula's I gave you will work since they have to be numbers bigger than 256 but give it a try both ways.
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)

Larrylu

Is it like one PID for the front pair and one PID for the back pair, or is it a left and right thing?
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

ecoboostsho

I don't actually know yet since my tires have all been rotated. I should he able to tell from the scan tool tonight if I have time. I also let the air out of one but that doesn't really help this issue. I am currently stuck at work!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Larrylu

Working sucks!  Someday when you get to retire, you can do what you want ...when you want. Within the limitations of married life of course. Sigh...truth is there is always a boss!
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

ecoboostsho

Lol. Yes there is. I am also raising one year old twins and a 4-1/2 year old. My wife is pretty understanding however there are limitations... :)

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

ecoboostsho

Quote from: ShoBoat on June 10, 2014, 09:45:15 PM
I will give it a go, and report back. Thanks!
Any luck yet? :)  Since the tire pressures are only available out of module that hangs off the MSCAN bus (as opposed to the HSCAN the PCM is on) I am actually most curious if Torque can read them at all.  Forscan can do this which is why we can see them with that tool.  As mentioned before if you don't have an MX or equivalent adapter you probably won't be able to get to the MSCAN bus to read anything.

ShoBoat

Not yet, I am going to try this today

http://youtu.be/kMkSfgyCCDI

It's how to train your TPMS. I wanted to ensure that they are in the correct locations. I believe that this will make it easier. I will give it a shot today.

ecoboostsho

Nice find!  BTW definitely start with that second set of formula's....I'm convinced the first one I listed is "crap".

Larrylu

Good video!  I learned something there!  Thanks for posting.

ShoBoat

I gave the formulas a try, I didn't get a response on Torque. I will try a few more things tonight.

ecoboostsho

Quote from: ShoBoat on June 11, 2014, 11:00:41 AM
I gave the formulas a try, I didn't get a response on Torque. I will try a few more things tonight.

Thanks for trying it!  If it didn't respond at all that doesn't bode very well - that said Torque does let you specify the module manually.  You could try entering the module name (look it up in Forscan) and see if that helps...