• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Torque PIDs...Take 2

Started by ecoboostsho, June 07, 2014, 07:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecoboostsho

I should have been consistent but forgot to convert that one. Apologies.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

Larrylu

No apology needed. If were more adept at this I'd have seen that myself. Still it was kind of neat wondering if we had a chiller...if only for a moment. LOL,
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

QuickSilver

Larry, when you say you 'added a couple of gauges' how did you do that? My Torque Pro app doesn't offer CAC or IAT2.  Did you add the PID's or what was the process?  Keep it 5th grade level if you can, I'm a hardware/pull a motor kinda guy not a software/write code kinda guy :-[
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...

Larrylu

QuickSilver I'm the student in this thread just following instructions.   One of the first thing you run into with Torque Pro is the lack of some of the cool gauges that other Mfgs seem to have out there but not for us Ford folks. It seems Ford PID's are very hard to come by. Then ecoboostsho decides to singlehandedly make some PID's available for the rest of us grateful users by reverse engineering. He has already put out some very good instructions for using the "add custom PID" menu in Torque and you should be able to easily find it.  If not ...speak up. Someone will help. I will pause to let more knowledgeable people handle your questions
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

EcoPowerParts

Great job on this! Next step will be to make a csv file so people can easily import the PIDs into Torque
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

ecoboostsho

PID Installation Instructions: (also updated in first post)

Bulk Import: (Note I'm not sure this will really be easier for someone that isn't a little familiar with windows and basic computer functions.  You may be better off manually entering them one at a time – see procedure below.)

The following will let you add all of the PIDs defined in this post to Torque via the "Import" feature on Torque.

Your first step is to hook up your phone to your computer via a USB cable (the one you more than likely charge your phone with).  You can do this in other ways as well but you need to put the attached "Taurus PIDs.csv" file in the proper Torque directory on the phone. Open up a file explorer and then navigate to the drive letter that is your phone.  You should see some directories (varies by phone and number of storage cards).  Torque should be on your internal SD card (Unless you told it to go someplace else or your phone directed it there) and the directory you are looking for is labeled ".torque".  If you don't see .torque you are going to have to "show hidden files" in windows explorer – this varies by version so I suggest you Google it.  You then select the "Extended PIDs" directory.  Copy the attached file in to that directory and then disconnect your phone.

Once that file is there you can select the "settings" menu off the main screen...scroll down to "Custom PIDs" and then "Import".  You should see "Taurus PIDs" listed in the menu.  Select them and then go add them to your screen!

WARNING: You may choose to "clear the list" of the existing custom PIDs to keep things cleaned but keep in mind this will strand any gauges you already have on the screen unless they are named exactly the same as in the import file.  This means you will have to add them back to the screen one at a time and you may be "irritated". :)

Adding a single PID:
Add a custom PID in Torque by going to the "Settings" section off the main screen.
Enter the following for the fields it prompts you for:
"OBD2 Mode and PID"  =  221E1C
"Long Name" = Trans Temp
"Short Name" = Trans T
"Minimum Value" = -40
"Maximum Value" = 260
"Scale Factor" = 1
"Unit Type" = deg
"Equation" = (((signed(A)*256)+B)*(9/8)+320)/10
Leave the OBD Header blank

Adding gauges to your Torque Screen:

Go to the Realtime Information display from the main menu and then find a place on the screen you'd like to put your new gauge.  Long press and then "Add Display".  Pick a gauge type and then scroll to find your new PIDs.  Position it on the screen and then repeat the whole process until your gauges are all populated on the screen.

*Final note.  If you open the .CSV file in Excel be careful as it will immediately interpret two of the PIDS as "exponential notation" and hose them up...You can open the file without issue just don't save it unless you know what you are doing! :)

(I removed the file from this post and am going to just leave it on the first post so I only have to update it one place.  Just click on the "1" to get to the first page of the post.)
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)

Larrylu

For those of you who see a smiley face with sunglasses in the above formula, (like me) be advised that the correct replacement for that smiley face is the number 8. LOL

ShoBoat

Has anyone had any luck with oil pressure? I can't seem to get it to work.
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

Larrylu

QuickSilver you might want to just add one custom formula at a time by following the above "add a single PID" instructions. I think it's easier to start with.  After inputting all the info at the bottom of the screen you will see a test button press that and if you get a "result" you can press the save button. Then go to your gauge display to where you can add a gauge and when you scroll the list of available gauges you will find the one created by your new custom PID.

Larrylu

Quote from: ShoBoat on June 09, 2014, 02:19:05 PM
Has anyone had any luck with oil pressure? I can't seem to get it to work.
We don't have the PID for that one in torque. So far that's not one of the custom PID's ecoboostsho has succeeded with. Maybe someday....

ecoboostsho

Hmmm...I don't remember seeing Oil Pressure as an option anywhere in my existing scantool.  If it is I could certainly figure it out.  Let me see if it's there and I will get back to you.

Larrylu

Quote from: ecoboostsho on June 09, 2014, 11:30:41 AM
Larry.  CAC is in degrees C. Multiply by 1.8 +32

Thanks ecoboostsho. That tweak to the formula worked like a charm. Now I'm showing a steady progression of IAT's warming as they wend their way through the hot plumbing.

SHOdded

A video of your new setup would be awesome, Larry!  Hint, hint :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ecoboostsho

It doesn't look like oil pressure is available...

Larrylu

Quote from: SHOdded on June 09, 2014, 03:11:24 PM
A video of your new setup would be awesome, Larry!  Hint, hint :D
I've posted pics but never videos. Do I use the same procedure to post a video?