• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Torque PIDs...Take 2

Started by ecoboostsho, June 07, 2014, 07:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larrylu

Quote from: ShoBoat on June 08, 2014, 10:25:05 AM
IAT2 is reading after the CAC at least that's the way it is in Forscan. I have done data logging with both IAT and IAT2 the second is always higher than the first. I also forgot to reconnect the sensor just before the throttle body and I got a 0 reading and error code to go with it.
If IAT2 is after the CAC, what is the difference between that and the Charge Air Temp?
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

ShoBoat

Quote from: Larrylu on June 08, 2014, 11:24:10 AM

Quote from: ShoBoat on June 08, 2014, 10:25:05 AM
IAT2 is reading after the CAC at least that's the way it is in Forscan. I have done data logging with both IAT and IAT2 the second is always higher than the first. I also forgot to reconnect the sensor just before the throttle body and I got a 0 reading and error code to go with it.
If IAT2 is after the CAC, what is the difference between that and the Charge Air Temp?

I would assume that it's the temp of the CAC it's self. I dunno if there is a sensor there. I believe that that the map sensors can also read temperature. Hence the 0 temp reading I got above when I disconnected the map sensor right before the TB. Now that you mention it. The sensor before the TB could be CAC temp and the one in the top of the intake could be IAT2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

ShoBoat

Torque has advanced plugins for just about every other manufacture out there. See below for the Nissan adv plugin. But not ford?

The IAT2 seems to be working correctly. However ambient was acting weird. Ambient was 17C but I was getting a reading of 13C?

2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

ShoBoat

I can confirm that IAT1 is the sensor in the air box, CAC is just after the CAC just before the TB and IAT2 is the one on top of the intake manifold. Readings as follows IAT1 21C CAC 33C a and IAT2 41C ambient was 18C. At the time of the sample. According to Forscan.

Larrylu

Well I added a couple of gauges to my display and tweaked/rearranged. It will take a while to get used to the new arrangement.
About the ambient, you can see that the OE displays a temp at the top of the NAV screen. That NAV temp is almost always cooler than the Torque Ambient. Must be two sensors/locations. I think one is right side in front of the radiator. That is the only one I have found.
I'm still puzzled by the CAC reading. It seems to read a temp unrelated to the two IAT's although cooler so it must be reading the CAC temp rather than the air going through it. I would have imagined air temp readings at all three points. Actually four points if you count the ambient.
The Cyl head temp appears to be reading the exact same as the coolant temps for me too. Makes me wonder which of the readings is in error.

Couple of hours of messing with the Nexus and a whole new look. Gotta love it!
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

SHOdded

Kolk1 had hardwired a switch to control the fans at the track some time ago.  Hope he will chime in with his experience.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ShoBoat

ecoboostsho

That's a lot of gauges Larry!  I like it. :) 

I figured out the wastegate status %:
PID 220462
Formula A/128*100

I also found the PID for the PWM modulation of the rear clutch.  PWM = Pulse Width Modulation...it sends more current to the rear clutch to tell it to "lock up" more and engages the AWD.  0% is not engaged and 100% is obviously full engaged.  I haven't tried to see if Torque can actually read the 4x4 module or not as this parameter isn't in the PCM.  Still have to figure out the formula but since its a percentage it shouldn't be hard.

AWD PWM Clutch Status
PID  22D128
Formula TBD
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

ecoboostsho

I also don't know that the CAC and IAT2 readings don't make sense...the air would be at its coolest right out of the intercooler.  IAT2 is literally sitting on top of the hot intake/motor and the air has to travel in a pipe (no matter how short) to get there which will cause additional heating.  I actually think it is probably pretty close.
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)

ecoboostsho

Misfire Monitor
PID 220700

Returns a very long response of "00820000"  indicating 0 misfires on the scantool.  Need to think about this one for a bit.

I am also updating the original (1st) post so you don't have to go hunting through all of the individual posts to pull everything together.

I have an excel CSV file I am working on that will just let you import all of these in Torque as well.

ShoBoat

Quote from: ecoboostsho on June 09, 2014, 08:47:56 AM
I also don't know that the CAC and IAT2 readings don't make sense...the air would be at its coolest right out of the intercooler.  IAT2 is literally sitting on top of the hot intake/motor and the air has to travel in a pipe (no matter how short) to get there which will cause additional heating.  I actually think it is probably pretty close.

I'm not sure about this one, when taking the readings with Forscan CAC is higher than IAT1 and then IAT2 is a bit higher than that, maybe someone on here can give us some more info on this. Which to me makes sense, I believe that the CAC cannot cool the air after the turbos even close to ambient.

ecoboostsho

Okay I actually agree with you - I just didn't state it very well.  I guess I meant to say the CAC should be the coolest of the two readings between CAC and IAT2.  I did not mean to imply it would be ambient.  That said if you aren't creating boost then the air isn't being compressed and therefore very little heat would get added by the turbochargers.  I can see the CAC temp being close to ambient in this situation.  Now if you are getting on the car then the temp should definitely rise above ambient (and it seems to?).

Larrylu

This morning test ride at one point showed ambient at 68, IAT 1 at 79, CAC at 35, and IAT 2 at 116.  Hate to add my confusion to the mix but my IAT readings all make sense to me but the CAC seems way cool. Like way lower than ambient. Now if the CAC was chilled and we were reading CAC chiller temp and not CAC air temp, all my readings would be making perfect sense. The CAC is not chilled....right?

ecoboostsho

Larry.  CAC is in degrees C. Multiply by 1.8 +32

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Larrylu

I see. OK I'll change that right now!  Thanks for the assist!