• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Torque PIDs...Take 2

Started by ecoboostsho, June 07, 2014, 07:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jman

I was recently looking for a way to detect knock and was pointed to this awesome thread. I followed the instructions and installed four of the custom PID's. Most don't work and the AWD one throws a constant value. What am I missing?
I have not read all 51 pages of this thread, do these work on the 2010 SHO?

Attached are pics of what I am seeing and what I get when I "test" the Knock PID.

2010 - Unleashed Tune - Corsa Exhaust - 275/40-R20 - H&R Springs

ecoboostsho

Quote from: jman on May 22, 2019, 11:40:33 AM
I was recently looking for a way to detect knock and was pointed to this awesome thread. I followed the instructions and installed four of the custom PID's. Most don't work and the AWD one throws a constant value. What am I missing?
I have not read all 51 pages of this thread, do these work on the 2010 SHO?

Attached are pics of what I am seeing and what I get when I "test" the Knock PID.
It should definitely work on a 2010 Taurus. I'm assuming you can get the standard gauges (say like (RPM) to respond? I just want to make sure your adapter is actually talking to the car properly.  Also can you send a screenshot of your custom pid screen in Torque? Just close that error message window for starters.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

jman

All built-in Torque Real Time Monitoring gauges work.

The AWD one throws a number, but why is it always at 50.4?

Attached is a pic of the Knock PID.

Thanks !

SM105K

Jman,

adjust your minimum value to -7.0

adjust your maximum value to 7.0

make sure your scale factor is x1

then test
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Gjkrisa

Quote from: jman on May 22, 2019, 12:10:28 PM

Thanks !
I see that's for knock and your main issue was with awd I believe just making sure your scale factor is 1x should fix the issue that's how mine is and works

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

ecoboostsho

Quote from: jman on May 22, 2019, 12:10:28 PM

Thanks !
If the previous suggestions don't work just delete your equation and temporarily put in an A for your equation. You should at least get a value back that is non scaled. That will help narrow down the problem for me...

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)

jman

I changed the scale limits and verified that all PID's are set at x1. Still no luck.
I'll try deleting the equation and report back,

Here are some additional pics and also the Bluetooth thingy I am using. As you can see, built-in Torque ones do work.

jman

Quote from: ecoboostsho on May 22, 2019, 01:55:06 PM
If the previous suggestions don't work just delete your equation and temporarily put in an A for your equation. You should at least get a value back that is non scaled. That will help narrow down the problem for me...

Replaced the Knock equation with an A, same response when tested: NO DATA.

ecoboostsho

Quote from: jman on May 22, 2019, 08:02:07 PM
Quote from: ecoboostsho on May 22, 2019, 01:55:06 PM

Replaced the Knock equation with an A, same response when tested: NO DATA.
Okay well then something isn't communicating with the car properly or the pid is wrong somehow for your car. It looks like it but that is "zero" in the 2203EC correct? It's been a long time since I messed with torque pro (I use obdlink) so I don't think it matters but try a capital EC just for fun. Also what is in your header field?

jman

Yes, two, two, zero, three.
I've tried uppercase before, it auto turns back to lower case.
Header is blank.

ecoboostsho

Quote from: jman on May 22, 2019, 08:12:42 PM
Yes, two, two, zero, three.
I've tried uppercase before, it auto turns back to lower case.
Header is blank.
Okay just checking. Try using AUTO in the header. If that doesn't work I'm stumped unfortunately. I would try a different app just to see if it's something weird in your Installation of torque.

jman

Neither the "A" or the "auto" fixed it. :(
Weird thing is that the AWD does return a value (steady 50.4) but all others don't.

When I was playing with Forscan I read that the 2010 doesn't have a BCM (or cannot be accessed), could this be why?

ecoboostsho

Quote from: jman on May 23, 2019, 10:12:50 AM
Neither the "A" or the "auto" fixed it. :(
Weird thing is that the AWD does return a value (steady 50.4) but all others don't.

When I was playing with Forscan I read that the 2010 doesn't have a BCM (or cannot be accessed), could this be why?
Well on the 2010-12 there is a smart junction box (SJB) on the MSCAN bus and not a BCM on the HSCAN bus.  First your adapter has to have the ability to speak MSCAN (medium speed CAN bus) and second Torque can't (to my knowledge) access both the MSCAN bus and HSCAN bus at the same time.  That said if I recall correctly the AWD gauge is actually reading the AWD module (not a SJB or BCM) and that is why the header needs to be "761" for that gauge.