• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Torque PIDs...Take 2

Started by ecoboostsho, June 07, 2014, 07:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdelaideKuga

I had a thought, is there a possibility the IAT2 reading could be sitting on MS-CAN bus instead of HS-CAN bus? I only have obdlink LX reader and kicking myself I don't have an MX version.

ecoboostsho

Doubtful but anything is possible I suppose. IAT2 is pretty important to the ECU I believe so I don't think Ford would put it on MS-CAN. Is there a PID called MCT instead? (Manifold Charge Temp)

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

AdelaideKuga

Thanks for feedback. No Manifold Charge Temp MCT either. Very strange and as there aren't many modded Kuga/Escape 2.0 turbos out there with WMI and wanting to do the same as I have and want to achieve, it really is a suck it and see type approach. Anyway will order an OBDLINK MX module to see how it goes, if anything I'll be able to play Focccus and Forscan with this MX module to change other settings so the money wont be wasted. I'll report back in the new year how I go, meanwhile I'll keep checking this post.

SHOdded

Contact Forscan, maybe they haven't implemented it yet, and you could be the "guinea pig" to get this established.  They don't have any trans parameters for my 2010 Fusion Sport, so it doesn't have to be the newest model that hasn't been fleshed out.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gjkrisa

Does anyone have pid for torque source?
I can view it in forscan....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

ecoboostsho

Torque Control Requested (Used during shifting to reduce torque...aka torque management.)
PID 2203AF  returns 0 with car off.

Equation: (256*A)+B

Not sure if this really works or not as I never really played with it but give it a shot...
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)

AJP turbo

Quote from: ecoboostsho on December 21, 2016, 03:25:19 PM
Torque Control Requested (Used during shifting to reduce torque...aka torque management.)

Not sure if this really works or not as I never really played with it but give it a shot...

That is only one mode of torque control...the one you are talking of is torque source 7 when logging tq source....there are probably 30 different kind of torque reduction as displayed by tq source
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ecoboostsho

Quote from: AJP turbo on December 21, 2016, 04:11:01 PM
Quote from: ecoboostsho on December 21, 2016, 03:25:19 PM

That is only one mode of torque control...the one you are talking of is torque source 7 when logging tq source....there are probably 30 different kind of torque reduction as displayed by tq source
Gotcha - I'd have to break out FORSCAN and do some investigating. I found that one ages ago when I was poking around.  I will try and do that if I have time.  The downside is you are only ever going to get the value out of torque and would need to keep the handy reference table available to correlate the actual source but at least it's a start.

Gjkrisa

Thank you ! That's fine trying to get all my logging in torque I should of bought sctx4 instead of a piggy back.
Is there a way I can find the pids in forscan without a sniffer?

ecoboostsho

Quote from: Gjkrisa on December 21, 2016, 05:14:55 PM
Thank you ! That's fine trying to get all my logging in torque I should of bought sctx4 instead of a piggy back.
Is there a way I can find the pids in forscan without a sniffer?

Not that I am aware of unfortunately.

I did do sone scanning last night and the PID is definitely 2203AF but the equation is just A.

It returns a variety of values that correspond to the source I believe they will match the numbers over in the other thread on AWD shutoff...So 0 is "none requested" and 1 is "Trans Torque" 2 is speed limiter, 3 is rev limiter, etc...

I still need to drive the car and verify some of those variables...But at least you'd have an idea of what is requesting the torque reduction.

Gjkrisa

What is the pid for Tq_Source source of torque off?

ecoboostsho

Quote from: Gjkrisa on January 14, 2017, 11:14:55 PM
What is the pid for Tq_Source source of torque off?

I'm not clear what you are asking? Sorry.

Gjkrisa

I was given this and just want to make sure I have why tourqu source would shutdown

Quote from: MiWiAu on December 14, 2016, 06:58:27 PM
Perhaps "Torque Source"?

I found this on the SVT Performance forum. Perhaps AJP Turbo can comment on the accuracy of these for other Fords. 4 matches up with a rev limiter issue I was having, so maybe it's the same for all Fords??

TQ_SOURCE Identifies the source of the torque reduction requestor

0 No Torque Reduction Requested (Torque Control Off)
1 Torque truncation, transmission
2 Traction Control
3 Vehicle Speed Limiter
4 Engine Speed Limiter
5 Tip-in shock Control
6 Tip-out Decel Control
7 Torque Shift Modulation, transmission
8 Engine Oil Temperature Control
9 Fail Safe Cooling Control
11 Turbo Charger
12 Passive Anti Theft system (PATS)
13 Tip in Torque Control

TQ_SOURCE Source of torque reduction:

0 Driver Demand
1 Transmission torque truncation
2 Traction Control
3 Vehicle Speed Limiting
4 Engine Speed Limiting
5 Tipin rate limiting
6 Tipout torque
7 Transmission Shift Modulation
8 Engine Oil Over temperature
9 Target N
10 Not Used
11 ETC FMEM - RPM Guard
12 PATS
13 OSCMOD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gjkrisa

Also when I put the car in Cruse control the 2203af goes to 14 is that literally saying car is incruise or something else

ecoboostsho

I unfortunately don't have a table of values beyond what was shared here so I can't speculate. If you have Forscan why not run that. It has the values in it already? At least while you are diagnosing an issue.