• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Torque PIDs...Take 2

Started by ecoboostsho, June 07, 2014, 07:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

66 Galaxie

Forscan lite reads tire pressure on iPhone. Pids are selected in the body control module. This works on my
'14 Flex EB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

tommyboy

Ecoboostsho, thank you for this great work! I'm really appreciate your work and all information is very useful.
I want to share my experience how I've dealt with analyzing serial port activity in a system. It was big problem but i found good solution - http://www.eltima.com/products/serial-port-monitor/.

FoMoCoSHO

Anybody unable to read IAT2 ?

I'm pretty sure it worked in the 2013, but I can't get it to work in the 2015.

I bulk imported and everything else works perfectly.

renospace

This page is fantastic! Thanks to everyone that has contributed. I used the 13+ Taurus tire pressure pid on my '11 F150 EB and it works great!!

Edit! Maybe it isn't   working so well. I was showing a few pounds Low in a couple tires. I pumped them each up to 39lbs. Got in the truck , started up and when torque came on, it showed them all with 1/2lb of each other, right around 39 each. I drive for a bit, turned off the truck, and when I got going again, they all went back to the value before I pumped them up. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

renospace

Anyone have any luck with the battery current pid?

Gjkrisa

Quote from: renospace on August 17, 2016, 01:07:01 PM
As in knowing amperage if the alternator is charging or just current voltage?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

renospace

Quote from: Gjkrisa on August 17, 2016, 01:14:52 PM
Quote from: renospace on August 17, 2016, 01:07:01 PM
As in knowing amperage if the alternator is charging or just current voltage?

Sorry, i should've included the post I was referring. It's the Battery Current PID. Shows amperage.

Zorin

Ok, so, I'm a little lost, I purchased the bluetooth version of OBDIIlink MX, have downloaded both Torque and OBDlink (both for Android)

1. Which app am I suppose to use (Torque, OBDlink)
2. Depending on which app, where do I get the PIDS file, i.e. the csv file from first page?
3. Do I load the file to my Android phone?
4. Is there a file to download of a preset dashboard and what app is it for?
5. Do I drink beer while installing said files?
6. Why do elephants have big ears?
7. Should I just Google the How-To?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2011PP, Kona Blue, 255/45/20 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 3 Bar, 170 stat, LMS 93+Race Tune with ACES IV, Quantum Blue Fluids.

Gjkrisa

CSV is torque open torque then setting then extended pids  you need to have a file explorer that can view hidden files open extended pids then close it just makes a file so that when you find .torque there will be a folder called extended pids put the CSV in there then go back to torque and open the extended pids then you are able to use them In torque dashboard be the ones with a * in front

Gjkrisa

If you go thru the datalog section you will find one for obdlink also which is really good also there is a nice dash that you just move to the home of the SD card area

Gjkrisa

Torque .dash will go in the dashboard folder best looking one I've seen is the tripledial.dash but for me some pids didn't work so I tried just  using another screen to get things close to the same.
You can load the .dash by going to torque/dashboard/settings/layout settings/ import layout

Zorin

OK, I'll give it a go today and get back to you.

Thanks,
Z
2011PP, Kona Blue, 255/45/20 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 3 Bar, 170 stat, LMS 93+Race Tune with ACES IV, Quantum Blue Fluids.

Zorin

Quote from: Gjkrisa on September 16, 2016, 07:09:19 PM
CSV is torque open torque then setting then extended pids  you need to have a file explorer that can view hidden files open extended pids then close it just makes a file so that when you find .torque there will be a folder called extended pids put the CSV in there then go back to torque and open the extended pids then you are able to use them In torque dashboard be the ones with a * in front

Ok, still lost...

The only folder I have on my Android is "torquelogs".  Do I make a folder in there called extended pids and drop the .csv file in there?

Gjkrisa

.torque is a hidden file so either es file explorer goto setting and view hidden files or on Windows need to goto folder options and view hidden files.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop

Zorin

Quote from: Gjkrisa on September 17, 2016, 04:21:36 PM
.torque is a hidden file so either es file explorer goto setting and view hidden files or on Windows need to goto folder options and view hidden files.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop

I have Windows already setup to show hidden files, but it does show on either the SD card or the main phone folder.  The only folder I see is in the main phone folder called "torqueLogs".  I downloaded ES File Explorer to the phone, but it doesn't show up there either, any ideas?