• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

MDesign Dual Carbon Fiber Cold-Air-Intake (DEVELOPMENT PHASE)

Started by MDesign Performance, June 05, 2014, 10:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FracaSHO

Quote from: BBOX on June 08, 2014, 06:15:48 PM
Out of curiosity, how loud is the BOV when it vents to the atmosphere?

Not very loud. But the mod is so cheap and easy it's worth a try. You can go back if you don't like it. But it does make the car sound like a proper turbo car.

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
170* T-Stat
NGK LTR7IX plugs, gap at 0.030
BOV VTA
MyCal LMS Stage 4+
Sent from my iPhone
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

Josephm

Its not loud at all. If you have any kind of music, you can't hear it.

My kids call it the elephant sneeze
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

BBOX

Good to know, I see converting it to VTA is part of this intake and I was hoping it wouldn't be anything too loud and obnoxious, glad to hear it's not.

MDesign Performance

Quote from: J-Will on June 07, 2014, 08:14:53 PM
Are the hard pipes you refer to in your new setup, the same as hot pipes or the noise eliminator pipe?

No that is the hot side of the turbo, these pipes are for the inlet/intake part of the system.

Quote from: yowen on June 08, 2014, 06:11:50 PM
Do this cause any change in the way the car sounds? Or, aside from VTA, does it sound pretty much stock since you went with a sealed design?

It allows you to hear the engine a bit more and also the turbo spooling/air sucking sound, though nothing obnoxious. If you choose to use the kit without routing the cold-air ducts and just relying on the CF heat shield it also gets a bit louder.
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

Courier6

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on June 07, 2014, 09:18:47 AM
I think it represents a good value as is and if it makes 15-20 HP it will be an outstanding value.

Overall hugely promising.

I would be thrilled with 10-15, watching closely.
2013 Tri-White PP, PPE downpipes, Corsa, Air Raid CAI, H&R Springs, 170 deg thermo, Livernois Dyno Tune 365 AWHP 407 AWTQ. Best 1/4 mile 12.580

Husker02GT

Saw a group buy on this on another site... is this you? What does the CAI look like behind the heat shield?
2011 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost - 3D Carbon Spoiler - Tinted Tail lights - 35%F/15%R Window Tint - Powerstop Slotted & Drilled Brakes - MGP Lincoln Caliper Covers - Airaid Intake - MORE TO COME

2002 Ford Mustang GT - Saleen Clone - Full Authentic Saleen Body/Graphics Kit - 18" Chrome Saleen Wheels - Eibach Pro Kit Springs - Tokico Blue Shocks/Struts - Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates - Powerstop Slotted/Drilled Rotors - HPM Subframe Connectors - MAC Cold Air Intake - C&L Intake Plenum - BBK 75mm Throttle Body - Steeda Underdrive Pulleys - Bama 93 Octane Tune - UPR Off-Road X-Pipe - Magnaflow Catback - Pro 5.0 Short throw Shifter - Pioneer AppRadio 2 - Saleen Indiglo Guages - Saleen Pedals - Saleen Build Plate

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

MDesign Performance

Quote from: Husker02GT on June 20, 2014, 04:59:32 PM
Saw a group buy on this on another site... is this you? What does the CAI look like behind the heat shield?

Yes that would be me.

Quote from: BiGMaC on June 21, 2014, 12:50:24 AM
Ahmad.... Any dyno data planned or done?

As of now due to lack of time there are no immediate dyno plans or any done, though I am hopeful there will be a dyno in the somewhat near future.
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

Wilson

2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

SHOnUup

Sounds like we might be able to get a group buy going on here also?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

J-Will

Quote from: SHOnUup on June 21, 2014, 07:53:20 AM
Sounds like we might be able to get a group buy going on here also?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

+1
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

J-Will

2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

SHOnUup

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

MDesign Performance

Quote from: J-Will on August 04, 2014, 06:21:37 PM
Anything come of this?

With the help of a forum member and some others, there should be an updated thread within the week.

This thread can be closed though :)

SHOdded

PRODUCTION VERSION (as of 12/18/2014) can be viewed here:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,4034.msg63761.html#msg63761
Pics of production version installed in BiGMaC's SHO:

Group buy is over.  Please PM Spartn27 directly if interested in purchase.  Thank you..
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!