• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

RotM Submissions - July 2014

Started by JimiJak, June 05, 2014, 09:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimiJak

RotM Submissions are FULL!!

...but hold on to your seats
This 'aint your grandma's RotM!

From hot rods to sleepers, daily driver-stockers to the extreme. EBPF is home to a plethora of gorgeous rides...and modest members. We're all proud of our EcoBoosts, that's why we're here. So here's your chance to really show them off, and get some recognition. RotM isn't about having the fastest ride, or the most mods. It's about highlighting your cars individuality through background choices, camera angles, lighting, all the TLC you've put into it, but most importantly for sparking new ideas!

Remember...there will ALWAYS be a "Next Mod". Don't miss your chance to join the Elite in the EBPF Hall Of Fame because you waited until you were "done". Now's the time!
Submission closes and voting starts as soon as just THREE members throw their hats in the ring with complete entries. Don't wait!! If you're even considering entering: throw some pics and a mod list together and SUBMIT NOW!

The winner will be announced on Tuesday, July 1 @ 12:00am. The majority of you asked to watch the results of the polling process last month, so as promised, this month will be open...BUT, if we don't beat last month's votes, it's going back to a closed voting process.

Now for the boring part: Da Rules

• Submit up to 6 choice pics of your ride, including at least one of the interior. The first pic displayed will be the one used for polling

• List all of the specs and precious mods you've labored over from light bulbs to custom fabs. Mods must be completed!...sitting in a box doesn't countPlease include other details that you feel are important ie. ET times, HP, TQ, etc.

• Your submission must be of YOUR EcoBoost vehicle, no submitting your dream ride, or pics of your neighbors wife car. ;)

• You can only WIN, once per calendar year. Until that happens, you can enter as many times as your heart desires. If you don't win, don't think of it as rejection...it's just another chance to show the other members how silly they were for not voting for you the first time!

• And of course: Anyone caught cheating will receive a MINIMUM punishment of being banned from RotM, PLUS a 1 week forum suspension, with no second chances. DUH

SO; "What do I win?", you ask!?
Jeez...what is this, all about YOU?       Wait, YES...YES IT IS!!
The winner will have their car featured on the home page for the month AND receive the coveted "RotM" badge above their avatar. PLUS enjoy the honor of joining the crème de la crème, immortalized in the exclusive RotM Hall of Fame!

So, if you know a good candidate, call them a sissy until they enter or if you think you're the best, vote for yourself!

**And remember, if you like RotM and you want it to stay...
YOU HAVE TO PARTICIPATE!!

This thread is for SUBMISSIONS ONLY
THIS THREAD is for your questions and comments

"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

steve142857

All right guys!

I am lacking of time, but wanted to participate for a few months now. Here is my ride!

2013 SHO with PP:

Aesthetic mods:
Exterior:
Custom designed plastidip paint (Hot Step Mama Red / Tuxedo Black)
2010 OEM Wheels painted in Tuxedo Black (3 coats, 2 clears and baked twice)
Chrome blacked out completely
Tuxedo Black engine cover
Tinted tail lights
Windows tinted all around
Interior:
Chris' gauge pod with Prosport digital gauges
Weathertech Digital fit floor mats

Performance mods:
Alky Control Methanol Injection
Livernois tuned
3bar map
Tstat170F
Colder spark plugs (NGK Iridium IX)
H&R Sport suspension with camber bolts adjustments
Custom exhaust (2.5" stainless steel, X-pipe, Dynamax performance mufflers, 4.5" tips)
LMS catted downpipes
Airaid air intake
Hankook Ventus Summer performance tires (245-45-20)

I take good care of it (too much apprently if I listen to my wife lol). I recently installed a TAG system which can track the car anywhere if it gets stolen...

Talking about track: I believe I still hold the world record for the fastest SHO with stock turbos with 12.08 sec. at 113.83 mph!

I think that's about it lol!

Thanks all for voting!

Cheers!

And now the pics (sorry for the interior pic, I can't find any from work's computer or iPhone...):

2010 blue wrapped SHO 12.09 at 117.9mph - SOLD
2013 SHO PP 12.08 at 113.83mph...
Alky control, LMS tuned, custom exhaust, LMS catted downpipes, H&R springs, Tstat170, 3bar map, Airaid

Lanson

OK, let's see:

2013 Flex AWD (N/A)

Let's start with audio since that's where most of the work has gone in:
Video walkthrough Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnYlkQVrvs0&list=UUn9-B4T55DUmiCmHCYhnxeQ
Video walkthrough and demo Part 2 (be sure to set to HD 1080 quality)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61-O-XoPVMg&list=UUn9-B4T55DUmiCmHCYhnxeQ

That's:
JBL MS-8 processor
Dayton RS225-4 8 3/4" midbass drivers in heavily reinforced front doors.
Custom A-pillars with 2" Dayton RS75-4 mids and ND20FB tweets
Center custom 5" RS125-4 with ND20FB tweet
Passive crossover networks for pillars and center custom-made, with Dayton metalized poly caps and Jantzen air-core inductors in project boxes
Rears are JBL Power coaxials, 6x8
Subs are Exile XT10 pair in custom-made fiberglass box in spare tire well
Amps are Vibe Audio Slick Stereo 4 and Slick Bass 1, 75x4 and 600x1 respectively.
Deadening by GTMat and RAAM Audio
Optima Yellow-top battery custom-wired to car
1/0 and 4 gauge welding cable wired
Techflex and heatshrink used extensively
High-current XT60 connectors used in all connection points

Absolutely every single shred of work done by myself.

22x9 +37 and 22x10 +37 3 piece forged wheels by LB Forged, Anaheim CA.
265/35-22 Toyos all-round
H&R springs

Llumar Ceramic tint all-round, including Air Blue 80 on the windshield

2011 Explorer K&N intake
First 2013 N/A to be custom-tuned by Torrie, with an SCT x4 tuner running 91 tune

I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

MDesign Performance

I'll play.

2011 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost
Goal: Building a drivers car, performance-enhanced-sleeper.

Performance Mods:
MDesign Dual Carbon Fiber Cold-Air-Intake
MDesign Race Spec Catback Exhaust
Unleashed Tuning X4 93 Octane Tune
Autolite Iridium XP5263 Spark Plugs

Aesthetic Mods:
Window Tint

Exhaust Note
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

donky4444

2011 SHO with 160 Tsat, 3 bar Map, sp534 plugs, K&N drop in panel and LMS 4x 3 bar tune. Best ET 13.23 (going again Friday with the new 4x tune and hoping to see 12's)

Appearance Adam's Polishes paint correction, 35% tint on everything but the windshield and another new set of stock tails. Lol

2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

JimiJak

First and foremost, THANK YOU to all four of July's contestants for submitting your gorgeous rides! This is going to be a tough one! Two SHOs, one Flex, and an MKS - David V. Goliath with two RotM Veterans and two virgin entries in attempt to dethrone!!
...all very unique rides in completely different ways.

So...on to the TWIST! Since the majority of you bent "Da Rules" with your submissions...I've decided to do some bending of my own with how this month's RotM will go down.

I'm not going to lay all the details out for you up front...but I will give you this warning if you want to win...BE READY!!

The first curveball I'm throwing you is that I have unlocked this thread to allow all four contestants four full days to make whatever changes they would like to their entries. Now's the time to try your hand at BBCode, new pics, formatting, fonts...etc.
I'm encouraging all of our members to take this into consideration when voting...aesthetics count.
So make it pretty boys!

Sometime after midnight Sunday, June 15, this thread will again be locked, and all four entries will be cemented as they stand.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD POST COMMENTS HERE
REPLIES TO THIS THREAD WILL BE DELETED.
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build