• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ford mobile auto start app

Started by bigmoneycloser, June 01, 2014, 08:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmoneycloser

Does anyone have and use the ford iPhone app with the remote start?
I think it's $300 plus a monthly fee.
It allows you to start/stop from any distance along with security text message alerts and stuff..

Curious how people like and experiences with it along with costs?
Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

wasinger3000

It's $50 a year for the cell service. I was considering getting it as well. I have herd good things about it.

Sent using smoke signals.

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

geswek

This would be useful; I'm in hospitals so remote start kinda sucks when I can't reach car haha.

FracaSHO

I don't have any experience with the Ford product. But I did have an Autopage alarm/remote start on my F-150 where I could start/stop and lock/unlock from my phone or any computer. It was great to be able to start my truck from my classroom, at the bar, etc. 15 minutes before leaving and have a warm truck. I did leave my keys locked in the truck a lot so I could have one less thing in my pockets, but there were a couple times when autopage's network went down and I was locked out of my truck. Made me wish I was paying attention when the salesman told me the keyless code to get in the truck.

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
170* T-Stat
NGK LTR7IX plugs, gap at 0.030
BOV VTA
MyCal LMS Stage 4+
Sent from my iPhone
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

geswek

Sadly you can't lock your keys now; at least I can't. My doors will not lock when it senses the key fob inside the car. It just unlocks the doors when I hit the lock button.

bigmoneycloser

I think viper has a similar set up, but I heard they were no longer going to offer it...
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

FracaSHO

Quote from: geswek on June 01, 2014, 08:54:55 PM
Sadly you can't lock your keys now; at least I can't. My doors will not lock when it senses the key fob inside the car. It just unlocks the doors when I hit the lock button.

That is true

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on June 01, 2014, 09:05:22 PM
I think viper has a similar set up, but I heard they were no longer going to offer it...

A buddy of mine has the viper system. He also had the same Autopage set up I had. He says the viper is far superior and is very happy with it.

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
170* T-Stat
NGK LTR7IX plugs, gap at 0.030
BOV VTA
MyCal LMS Stage 4+
Sent from my iPhone
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

SHOdded

I think you can still do this if you wrap the key in foil, or use a sleeve that interferes with radio waves (like those credit card protection devices). 
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jmr061

I have it in mine. It is 50 a year. If you can get it for 300 that's a darn good price. Mostly I've seen 400-450. I believe it operates off of gsm service which isn't that good of service where I am so I have issues with it working all the time. Where it says the unit should be mounted is a bad spot. I have to move mine this summer. I wish they would offer an external antenna option for it. It will email and text you for alarm alerts as well. I have heard the viper and auto page units offer more options like gps tracking etc??

Jason
16 Edge Sport

jmr061

Oh and a ford dealer will need to activate it even if you install it yourself. It is plug and play.

Jason
16 Edge Sport

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

J-Will

If you use the door code to lock your car, it overrides the auto-lockout feature.  You will need to use the code to unlock (or the other set of keys).
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

vernonator

Quote from: J-Will on June 02, 2014, 06:40:25 AM

If you use the door code to lock your car, it overrides the auto-lockout feature.  You will need to use the code to unlock (or the other set of keys).

Don't even need the code, just press 7-8 and 9-0 at the same time. I leave my keys in the car 24/7 and get in/out with the keypad...easy peasy
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

SHOdded

... and there's the security issue!

vernonator

Quote from: SHOdded on June 02, 2014, 09:16:02 AM
... and there's the security issue!

what security issue? the 7-8/9-0 combo LOCKS the car and you need to use your 5 digit pin to UNLOCK your car. This is true with/without the keys in it OR on your person.
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)