• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Downpipes for Flex/SHO/Explorer V6 Ecoboost/Lincoln MKT/MKS

Started by EcoPowerParts, February 15, 2013, 02:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopolZ

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on April 24, 2013, 12:00:59 PM

Also wondering how much extra sound, and if there's any drone issue.
My NESHO pipe sounds good outside and in the front 2 rows, but is annoying in the third row.

Guess we need more data.  I have decided to wait.

Performance wise I wont be able to tell as I'm getting my downpipes installed and a copy of the NESHO done at the same time. Noise will I'll be able to provide a sound clip/vid when they're installed on Monday so you'll have an idea.
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, non-PP, Steel Blue #243 of 301 - Custom tune by Torrie@Unleashed, PPE non-catted downpipes, custom 3rd cat & resonator delete, water/meth injection, HKS SSQV3 BOV and Carbotech AX6 brake pads.

1991 Nissan Skyline GTR, Pearl Black Metallic - a few goodies

PopolZ

non-catted PPE downpipes, custom 3rd cat and resonator delete.

That's only a few throttle blips but you can hear a bit of turbo whine. I'll try to get another vid while driving tonight or tomorrow.

2010 Ford Taurus SHO, non-PP, Steel Blue #243 of 301 - Custom tune by Torrie@Unleashed, PPE non-catted downpipes, custom 3rd cat & resonator delete, water/meth injection, HKS SSQV3 BOV and Carbotech AX6 brake pads.

EcoPowerParts

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

PopolZ

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on April 29, 2013, 01:16:31 PM
That sounds bad ass! Great job

just went for a test drive with a warmed up engine... well it's the only time it sounds bad ass!
when you start to give it some throttle it sounds like an old GM  V6 2.8l engine which is annoying as F**K! At cruising speed, no drone and if you throttle up a little even with the windows closed you can hear the turbos.

EcoBrick Bob

Sounds like "RICER HEAVEN"!!!!

Can you tell the HP difference?
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

PopolZ

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on April 29, 2013, 05:02:01 PM
Sounds like "RICER HEAVEN"!!!!

Can you tell the HP difference?

Ricer heaven would be lots of sound and no action... It isn't the case as there's definitely an improvement in engine and boost response but can't really tell about the HP gain as I couldn't push it due to traffic.

I guess I'll have to get a resonator re-installed... the stock mufflers aren't muffling much.

EcoBrick Bob

Have you removed the 3rd cat and the middle muffler?  I have a NESHO X-Pipe.   However,  I can swap it out for stock section in about 30 min. 
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011

Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

PopolZ

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on April 29, 2013, 07:35:23 PM
Have you removed the 3rd cat and the middle muffler?  I have a NESHO X-Pipe.   However,  I can swap it out for stock section in about 30 min.

All I have left are the stock mufflers.

bnoon

I want to run 2.5" pipes to a Magnaflow internal x-pipe muffler in place of the stock third cat/res and see what that sounds like before I choose what to run out back.

EcoBrick Bob

That's what my Magnaflow Street System is like on my 09' G8.
(Kooks middie headers w/cats, x-pipe, mid muffler,  & axlebacks)

For some reason it is louder on the road, but quieter at idle than my 08' G8 (Kooks middie headers w/cats, H-Pipe with stock piping to Magnaflow axlebacks.)

H-pipe seems to have a lower tone note than X-pipe, which likely affects what one hears at HWY speeds.  Both are not obnoxious, unless you really get on them.

PopolZ

Highway driving report: It feels like I've lost some low end torque but it's no slug. You can hear the turbos pretty much every single time you flirt with the pedal. Drove with the back seats down, a tiny witty little bit of drone if you keep the engine at 2000rpm but if you happen to have the radio on just for a bit of background noise you wont hear it.
When the flirting stops and things get a little nasty ohhhh the joy! Hate the sound with a passion between 2600rpm and about 3600rpm but damn that thing is moving!

edit: I've ordered a magnaflow 11379 so it can be added after the x-pipe. hopefully this will remove the gawd awful noise.

edit2: tried to capture the noise with another video but it didn't register...damn wind noise.

bnoon

Finally got a picture of where I had to clearance the rear down pipe.

bnoon

EcoPowerParts

My car definitely  doesn't have that

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

EcoBrick Bob

bnoon- what year is your Flex?   Could there be some minor differences between years?