• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

I just paid way to much for set of TSW Nurburgings.

Started by Kolk1, May 30, 2014, 06:04:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panther427

2013 SHO

Kolk1

Kolk1

Couple of minor updates.

Old headlight lenses were foggy, and scratched up, tried wet sanding and so on, and it didnt work. Long pain in the ass, but looks amazing, I spent almost 8 hours putting new headlight lenses on the car. You have to pull the front bumper off. Loosen the fenders, bake the headlights, peel the lenses off housings, then peel out all of the old sealant, then put in new sealant, clamp, dry, reassemble. Blah, I never want to do it again.

Then I went back to the stereo, didnt take finished pics for some reason, but I decided to take out the Polk Coax I was using, and put in the Dayton DVC 8s, with a polk crossover, and polk tweeter. Made a bracket out of MDF, then sealed it with Neverwet in case the wood ever sees any water it wont expand. Sounds amazing, and gets loud, even with the top off on the highway.

Look how perfect the Polk crossover fits in that part of the door!! Almost looks like it was meant to be. lol

In other news, Ive ordered:
Tick clutch master cylinder
ZR1 Style front Splitter
Yellow fog light film - Not sure why, but I think this will look cool when doubled with the front lip.

Hopefully I can post pics of the new lip and fog light film later this week.

SHOdded

You can buy new lenses separately?  Then this update was meant to happen :)  The MDF bracket looks NICE!  Too bad it has to hide behind the door panel ...

Why the CMC change?  Any performance advantage?

Keep posting 'em pics.  We needz them pleez :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Kolk1

Yes, new headlight assemblies ive seen go for like $1400, lenses are typically about $150 each, or my buddy bought a set and never installed them once he found out how big of a pain it was, so he sold me the pair for $150.

The stock clutch cylinder, even when new, the fluid gets dirty very fast, and in my case, when its dirty I have a very hard time getting it into 1st and 2nd gear. I currently clean my fluid once a week(takes 10 minutes) The Tick cylinder will cure this, and supposedly flows about 25% more fluid. Its also fully adjustable, so when you change clutches, you can adjust where you want to clutch to grab. When I mentioned my problem to a group of friends, all the manual guys just laughed and said, "Buy a Tick". lol

If you want to read how Tick describes it, heres the link:
https://www.texas-speed.com/p-3048-tick-performance-adjustable-clutch-master-cylinder-kit-for-05-08-corvette-c6-z06.aspx

Kolk1

This is the front lip im doing (without the chrome grill...) So image that with yellow film over the fog lights.

SHOdded

Maybe you could "black" out the fog lights too, with tint?  How easy would it be to do that on the vette, assuming you put brighter bulbs behind it of course.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Kolk1

They sell a black film, just like the yellow film that I bought. Same price, $15. I thought about those too. Ive debated on blacking the car out, but I like the contrast of color.

The car has LED fogs, and they are junk, since ive owned the car, Ive turned on the fog lights on once, and couldnt even tell a difference. I had to double check they worked when I got home.

Ive thought about doing the HID fog lights they sell, but I cant say I care that much since it has HID headlights.

Kolk1

Ill take better pics in a couple days, but funny thing, the tracking number said it would be here Monday, and it showed up a couple days early today(friday).

Yellow fog light film, blacked out side markers, and ZL1 style front lip.

Kolk1

slightly better pic when I got to work this morning.

glock-coma

Looks good.  Completely changes the look of the front end.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

SHOdded

Kolk1

I hate to say it, but it almost seems to have a viper feeling about it now.