• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Lincoln MKS - Tint/Smoked Tail lights

Started by Husker02GT, May 30, 2014, 04:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Husker02GT

Been thinking about doing this for awhile and finally pulled the trigger. Next steps are to paint the chrome trunk trim tuxedo black to match, replace the MKS badging with the 'Red S' that came on the ecoboost aeropackage and order some black wheels with a chrome lip. Does anyone know if the appearance package trunk trim is available prepainted (part #)?

Thoughts???
2011 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost - 3D Carbon Spoiler - Tinted Tail lights - 35%F/15%R Window Tint - Powerstop Slotted & Drilled Brakes - MGP Lincoln Caliper Covers - Airaid Intake - MORE TO COME

2002 Ford Mustang GT - Saleen Clone - Full Authentic Saleen Body/Graphics Kit - 18" Chrome Saleen Wheels - Eibach Pro Kit Springs - Tokico Blue Shocks/Struts - Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates - Powerstop Slotted/Drilled Rotors - HPM Subframe Connectors - MAC Cold Air Intake - C&L Intake Plenum - BBK 75mm Throttle Body - Steeda Underdrive Pulleys - Bama 93 Octane Tune - UPR Off-Road X-Pipe - Magnaflow Catback - Pro 5.0 Short throw Shifter - Pioneer AppRadio 2 - Saleen Indiglo Guages - Saleen Pedals - Saleen Build Plate

Husker02GT

2011 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost - 3D Carbon Spoiler - Tinted Tail lights - 35%F/15%R Window Tint - Powerstop Slotted & Drilled Brakes - MGP Lincoln Caliper Covers - Airaid Intake - MORE TO COME

2002 Ford Mustang GT - Saleen Clone - Full Authentic Saleen Body/Graphics Kit - 18" Chrome Saleen Wheels - Eibach Pro Kit Springs - Tokico Blue Shocks/Struts - Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates - Powerstop Slotted/Drilled Rotors - HPM Subframe Connectors - MAC Cold Air Intake - C&L Intake Plenum - BBK 75mm Throttle Body - Steeda Underdrive Pulleys - Bama 93 Octane Tune - UPR Off-Road X-Pipe - Magnaflow Catback - Pro 5.0 Short throw Shifter - Pioneer AppRadio 2 - Saleen Indiglo Guages - Saleen Pedals - Saleen Build Plate

MDesign Performance

What did you use to do the tail lights if you don't mind me asking? I also have been looking for the red 'S', even located the appearance package illuminated door sills with the red S.

I was thinking of using red Plastidip to paint the the S though, just a suggestion.
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

Husker02GT

I took them to a shop where they used a mix of clear coat and black paint. They charged $100, which I thought was pretty reasonable.

I actually ordered red plasti-dip from Amazon, and it just came in!

Simonsays

I tinted my own with vvivid air release vinyl. Cost about $19, 3 beers and a hairdryer.

limited02

Quote from: Simonsays on July 09, 2019, 12:01:41 AM
I tinted my own with vvivid air release vinyl. Cost about $19, 3 beers and a hairdryer.

Can you post more close ups?  I'm wanting to go a little lighter than that, but that certainly looks really good!

Simonsays

Heres photos of install, they look darker than are from that original photo due to no light in garage...