• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Stainlessworks downpipes, need good and bad

Started by bamsho, May 27, 2014, 01:55:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

A little off topic here,today is day 2 driving around stock,made sure to put back the 2 bar map,and also wanted car to relearn the idle process,have appt at dealer soon.car amazingly lacks lowend throttle response and what caught my attn was car seems a little louder without the tune,especially at wot,even the exhaust sounds differnt.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BiGMaC

Quote from: ZSHO on June 19, 2014, 10:12:58 PM
  A little off topic here,today is day 2 driving around stock,made sure to put back the 2 bar map,and also wanted car to relearn the idle process,have appt at dealer soon.car amazingly lacks lowend throttle response and what caught my attn was car seems a little louder without the tune,especially at wot,even the exhaust sounds differnt.
You're going to get the fun of that first time tuned feeling.... So there is a payoff!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ZSHO

BigMac is absolutly correct that LMS updated their DP using magnaflow cats,same as PPE,I think PPE and ECO POWERPARTS should of had their pat pending regarding their cats,as for SW DP i got a po42o and po422 dtc codes,after install due to low quality cats,they invested more money on the sig logo stamped SW on the DP which looks cool,today is day 3,no tune,no dtc codes with PPE,the diffence of all the DP from PPE,LMS.SW is which one will set off a code with a stock tune,and clearly PPE is on top,GO ECO POWER PARTS AND SUPPRT THE FORUM.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Leadfoot

I've been running the PPE catted pipes for over a year (15K miles) without a code even in the stock tune, and love em. Good fit and finish.
The exhaust tone does change and get a little louder with the stock tune.
2018 Taurus SHO White, non pp (ACC) 20/35% tint, ceramic coating, hot pipes, PPE catted down pipes, GH Auto tune, 170 degree t-Stat. Anthony DiCunzolo gen 2 rear mount.

kinder

Interesting that Livernois doesn't feel you need a tune with catted downpipes. Our cars are not susceptible to boost creep?
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

BiGMaC

Quote from: kinder on June 20, 2014, 04:58:40 PM
Interesting that Livernois doesn't feel you need a tune with catted downpipes. Our cars are not susceptible to boost creep?
I run PPE catted downpipes and LMS did adjust the tune for them.  This is an optimization move to take advantage of the earlier turbo spooling.  With non-catted DPs the change other than this is to turn off the last O2sensor as all tuners do to avoid a CEL.

I rans the stock for about 1000-1200 miles without problems.  The tune/tune adjustment is not necessary.... But improves power.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

gtmorgan23

Its interesting about LMS updating their DPs with new cats. I wonder when they did this because their site still says;

Note; All high flow down pipes require tuning [the MyCal tuners work best!] and are not EPA approved and as such they are for off road use only.

2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can

14SHOCAR

The Stainless Works Downpipes saga with Corsa  -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyUZPMmCDxw

Yes you need a tune because you need to delete the rear o2 sensors in the catless pipes. If not you'll throw a CEL
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust