• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Adams Cyclo quick review

Started by ShoBoat, May 26, 2014, 03:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShoBoat

Hey Guys,
I wanted to post my recent experience with the new Adams Cyclo and 2 polish paint correcting procedure. I have to admit that for the longest time I have been an avid user of Zanio products, and they are really good. That said they don't do much in terms of correcting paint, only masking it. The new Cyclo is easy to use and there is no real danger in messing up your paint. The level of correction was simply amazing. I have posted a few pics below. My buddy's Trailblazer SS is a 2007, with original paint and it was rough when we started. It has never been buffed, and is driven daily through winter. As are my cars. Used was the 2 step correcting system, machine sealant, and Carnuba paste wax.

Adams (3) by sho.boat, on Flickr

Adams (4) by sho.boat, on Flickr

Adams by sho.boat, on Flickr

Adams (6) by sho.boat, on Flickr

Adams (1) by sho.boat, on Flickr

2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

SHOdded

Well done!  It's so hard to correct lighter-colored vehicles properly, but you got a great shine off the SS :thumb:  Any tips/tricks with the Cyclo?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ShoBoat

Quote from: SHOdded on May 26, 2014, 04:25:51 PM
Well done!  It's so hard to correct lighter-colored vehicles properly, but you got a great shine off the SS :thumb:  Any tips/tricks with the Cyclo?
My only tip really is watch the Adams tutorials, they were very helpful! I was super impressed with the SS and how it turned out. I really wish that my SHO had less "paint texture" but it did seem to lessen the appearance after the correction. On my SHO I used the orange micro fibre pad with the orange polish, and finished with the white foam pad and white polish. It seemed to give the best results with the clear coat that FMC applied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

donky4444

Looks really good. I just did this to my car last weekend. Only difference is I went with the Harbor Freight polisher. I have to do my moms Tuxedo Black Edge soon. That thing really needs it.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

J-Will

I've been an avid Adams fan for a few years now. I absolutely love his stuff. He is quarky on his videos but his methods and products really are top notch.
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap