• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

3 Bar Map Sensor Install with LMS tune update???

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, May 21, 2014, 08:08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRT82ECOBOOST

Has anyone put together the sequence to install the 3 bar map sensor while also adjusting your tune?

Any help would be much appreciated and I thank you in advance for responses.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

Larrylu

Nice idea but the sequence is tuner specific I think. I've got the MyCal touch. I'd be happy to post up my steps ....I remember them well as I had to go through the routine probably 20 times. Got so I could do it blindfolded!
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

SRT82ECOBOOST

Quote from: Larrylu on May 21, 2014, 08:37:19 AM
Nice idea but the sequence is tuner specific I think. I've got the MyCal touch. I'd be happy to post up my steps ....I remember them well as I had to go through the routine probably 20 times. Got so I could do it blindfolded!
I have the Mycal non-touch tuner.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged

BiGMaC

Quote from: SRT82ECOBOOST on May 21, 2014, 08:08:19 AM
Has anyone put together the sequence to install the 3 bar map sensor while also adjusting your tune?

Follow the instructions for using you device to install a tune...I have a new "no touch" MyCal...  That said... here's what I did:

Changed the sensor ---> got in the car, shut the door, and turned everything off, waiting until the interior lights went off -->activated ignition without starting --> plugged in the tuner (follow the prompts) ---> cleared the DTC's created when ignition was activated (think these were due to the 3BAR being present with the 2BAR programing) --> installed the 3BAR modified tune (follow the prompts) --> after the device indicated successful programming disconnected the device --> started the car up!  I had/have no problems.

Hope this is of some use.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Larrylu

In a nutshell what I do is to pop off the engine cover, locate the sensor. It's located on the highest spot in the intake manifold, slightly on the drivers side of center. Unplug the sensor then unbolt it. Mine has 2 torx screws. I have read that many have only one retaining screw. Bean counting or lazy assembly IDK. Pull the sensor up and out. I had to wiggle mine a bit as the O ring seal is a little snug. Reverse the process to install the 3 BAR. I labeled mine as they look alike and I did not want to mix them up. When done with that get in the car and go through your tune install procedure. With mine at the end of the tune install, my instructions are to turn off the ignition, wait ten seconds then start the car. In order to follow my directions to the letter I needed to swap out the sensor before loading the tune. Maybe with another tuner, the needed steps might change slightly. If no codes are thrown after the startup, you are golden.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

Jake360

Getting ready to swap mine out on my 2014 and did notice that mine had only one screw in it... There isn't even a threaded hole for the other side.. So can't even mount it with 2 screws if you wanted to... Brought to the dealer and they claimed that if that is how it came then that's how they intended it to be.. :/

Maybe to save weight!  Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BiGMaC

Quote from: Jake360 on May 22, 2014, 12:46:23 AM
Getting ready to swap mine out on my 2014 and did notice that mine had only one screw in it... There isn't even a threaded hole for the other side.. So can't even mount it with 2 screws if you wanted to... Brought to the dealer and they claimed that if that is how it came then that's how they intended it to be.. :/

Maybe to save weight!  Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, all the 13+ are that way only the front mounting pillar is drilled.  Works fine.

I do wish Ford had used black screws on the TIP and MAP sensors

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: BiGMaC on May 21, 2014, 08:59:56 AM
Quote from: SRT82ECOBOOST on May 21, 2014, 08:08:19 AM

Follow the instructions for using you device to install a tune...I have a new "no touch" MyCal...  That said... here's what I did:

Changed the sensor ---> got in the car, shut the door, and turned everything off, waiting until the interior lights went off -->activated ignition without starting --> plugged in the tuner (follow the prompts) ---> cleared the DTC's created when ignition was activated (think these were due to the 3BAR being present with the 2BAR programing) --> installed the 3BAR modified tune (follow the prompts) --> after the device indicated successful programming disconnected the device --> started the car up!  I had/have no problems.

Hope this is of some use.

BigMac is correct just make sure that you have the 3bar hooked up correctly then load your tune. As long as you don't start the car before the both steps are done you will be fine.

SRT82ECOBOOST

Always apprehensive that when I go to do a mod that something unexpected is going to happen, but this could not have been easier. The map sensor swap was a piece of cake and the LMS V8 3 bar tune went in without any issue or DTC showing up. Now to properly try out this tune which will have the 3 bar mapping and changes made for the exhaust. Hopefully will be some seats of the pants difference on the way into work tomorrow.

geswek

I've noticed my car a lot more consistent and powerful with v8 3-bar; I'm liking it A LOT.

It's put a smile on my face and I still get 23mpg combined; unless I put my foot into it and then she DEFINITELY comes to life. :)

SRT82ECOBOOST

Quote from: geswek on May 28, 2014, 09:57:31 PM
I've noticed my car a lot more consistent and powerful with v8 3-bar; I'm liking it A LOT.

It's put a smile on my face and I still get 23mpg combined; unless I put my foot into it and then she DEFINITELY comes to life. :)
Did you ever get a chance to track the car to do a before/after with the 3 bar swap?

I only got to stretch the car out for a brief period this morning. The overall drivability just seems a lot more connected and throttle tip-in seems a little more instantaneous. Definitely liking the results so far.

geswek

Quote from: SRT82ECOBOOST on May 29, 2014, 06:32:56 AM
Did you ever get a chance to track the car to do a before/after with the 3 bar swap?

I only got to stretch the car out for a brief period this morning. The overall drivability just seems a lot more connected and throttle tip-in seems a little more instantaneous. Definitely liking the results so far.

That is how mine feels.

I haven't tracked it after; before was 12.5.

I'm probably going to wait for fall; weather kind of sucks right now and I'm slammed at work.