• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Front bumper Mod idea/questions info needed

Started by bigmoneycloser, May 18, 2014, 06:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmoneycloser

Ok, so I was thinking of cutting out the center grill and the two side sections highlighted in pic.
And then installing a mess grill in place. I don't want the mess flush with the bumper tho. I'm thinking I could have it out past the bumper surround about an 1/8 inch with a rounded edge and painted black..
In my mind it looks good....I hope
But my question is this...
I have the adaptive cruise and the bliss system....

Questions:
Has anyone had their front bumper off?
Was there anything behind these plastic panels on each side
Also, your answers hold more importance if you have he same options.

Just hoping there is nothing behind. Haven't had a chance to get under car and look myself.

Thx

2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

LakersCentral

Like this?

Anthony, I swear you are the East Coast version of me when it comes to this car. Except you have more expendable cash hahaha
≈♠≈ .≈♠≈ .≈♠≈ .≈♠≈ .≈♠≈ .≈♠≈ .
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
400a w/ Power Liftgate, Tow Package
http://tiny.cc/phenix

bigmoneycloser

Hahahahaha

That's exactly what I want... I called GAS but they said they were not producing...
Let me know if you find out who did the other ones and if they are for sale or custom mods?
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

LakersCentral

I did the other ones. On the computer ;)

Planning on doing a few body mods (this being one) before I plastidip my Ex. Also roof antenna delete and hood scoop/vents.
2014 Ford Explorer Sport

bigmoneycloser

I did this with antenna. And it works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A

LakersCentral

Yea I've seen the shark fin and considered it. But I no longer have or want Sirius XM, and never really listen to am/fm anymore. Its all about Spotify & Pandora for me.

So... I'd like it completely flat up there. Might be more trouble than its worth tho.
2014 Ford Explorer Sport