• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Has ANYONE EVER had warranty work denied by Ford?

Started by JimiJak, May 18, 2014, 01:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeanKS

MKS-EB...

ZSHO

Meanks glad everything is working in your favor,check out this link from Lincoln,is your MKS a job 1 or job 2 ? and best of luck.  Z        http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/CatalogResults.aspx?y=2010&m=Lincoln&mo=MKS#Search

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

CroR1

BiGMaC

I want a set of those black composite valve covers.... ? Compatible MYs, sources, and cost.  TIA

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 21, 2016, 12:36:39 AM
I want a set of those black composite valve covers.... ? Compatible MYs, sources, and cost.  TIA
I believe they are (reference)
AA5Z-6582-E   VALVE COVER     TAURUS SHO; RIGHT    $185.80   $125.97
AA5Z-6582-F   VALVE COVER     TAURUS SHO; LEFT      $199.78   $135.45

Ford Taurus   
2015 Ford Taurus SHO 3.5L V6 - Gas
2014 Ford Taurus SHO 3.5L V6 - Gas
2013 Ford Taurus SHO 3.5L V6 - Gas
2012 Ford Taurus SHO 3.5L V6 - Gas

MYs 2010-11 are not listed in the compatibility list, but don't see why they would not fit.  Maybe a parts counter guy can confirm.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jmcparland1

I am currently going back and forth with Ford about their warranty.  My 2016 ecoboost has clearcoat peeling on the bumper, and has 20k miles on it.  Ford is claiming that this is impossible, but the service station even agrees that this is ridiculous and should be covered.  Such a hassle to deal with. 

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

RayG

I had warranty work denied by the Dealer and Ford. Threatened a 93A law suite and they paid me back.  My F250 SD died while out one day. Had it towed to ford dealer. Chafed wire shorted fuel pump. They said repairing a chafed wire was not covered under ESP . I told them ESP specifically stated wiring harness. They said only if they replaced the whole harness LMAO . I paid the $300 to get my truck back then sent them a 93A letter. Two days later they called and said come get your $300. IMPERIAL FORD Mendon, Ma.

Same truck "death wobble"  took it back 3 times, told they were aware of the problem but had no fix. I hired a Magnuson Moss act atty free of charge. They sued Ford got $8,000 gave me $5500 and kept $2500 no defect on title. Im guessing they do this all the time and get away with it because people don't pursue them.

Macgyver

SHOdded

Yeah, gotta crack the whip sometimes.  Normally people live with it or take a hit on tradein.

Concept1

Sorry to wake an old post however I came across this thread and I thought I could contribute.

To the OP's original question, "Has ANYONE EVER had warranty work denied by Ford?" My answer is ABSOLUTELY!

I have a 2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0 TT Black Label. I am not the original owner. I bought the car with just over 52k miles on it. That means the 4/50k bumper to bumper was expired however the 6/70k powertrain warranty still applies. For those who don't know the manufacturer warrant follows the vehicle not the owner.

I was driving the car and check engine light came on and it was running rough. I pulled over and checked the codes (I carry a OBDII scanner with me). I got P0302 and P0305 (misfire on cylinder 2 and 5. I reset the codes to see how quickly they would come back. Fairly quickly the check engine came back on and P0305 was the fault.

I took the car to the a Ford Dealer (Lincoln dealers are further and more rare). Initially asked for the repairs required for the misfiring and "the works" oil change and service.
They pulled the cylinder 5 spark plug and the side electrode was mostly gone, the plug appears to be to be blackened don't know if it was cleaned at all but still has an oily sheen on it (obtained from dealer later). I had to wait a day for them to get tooling to pressure test the cylinder and then another day because the tech called out. Basically they found not compression on cylinder #5. They borescoped the cylinder and found metal pieces (likely from the plug electrode) and scoring of the cylinder.

They called to tell me I need a new engine, good news it would be covered under my powertrain warranty. They just needed to submit the parts list, but they did say they really didn't have the time or ability to do that work but the service tech was like, "but you didn't know that, I probably would have told you had I known". Keep in mind the appointment to drop off the car was booked online which they apparently say doesnt work but they would check it out anyway....because again as the service tech says, "you wouldn't have known that".

Anyway, long story shortened, the factory representative tells them if the spark plug caused the failure it is a maintenance item and therefore isn't under warranty. The dealer call to tell me and gave me the Ford Customer service number which I called. Spoke to a rep who had to look into the issue. Came back and said the same thing and when I said there is no way that they know for certain that the spark plug caused this, they don't know what caused the PLUG to fail. They said they would have Engineering evaluate it and days later I get the same result, the plug failed and therefore it is not covered under warranty.

They never inspected the other plugs, never pulled the heads to look for any other issues (didn't even ask as an option which I would have paid to have done). Also these are the factory plugs the mileage is just over 57k and first plug replacement by the manual is 100k. My take is the plug failed due to some other issue. However they are denying my warranty. So yes, it does happen and I am working to fight it but options are limited and the cost out of pocket goes up.

This is current and ongoing so still working through it. Hope that answers the questions and maybe someone else out there has seen this or finds this in a search.

Macgyver

Ford is bleeding money badly just like most manufacturers. So they are only gonna get tougher on all warranty work.

rdmccrary

Look at the owners manual for spark plug service interval on your vehicle if no service replacement required on the plugs until later, then plugs likely are original.  Also read the warranty supplement for Ford's warranty exclusion reasons.   Seems like Ford also has customer service advocates, or they once did.  I had a discussion with one of them in late 2000's about a dealer and a poor repair

If you have a good case, go to small claims court against the dealer, or what ever entity is denying the warranty.  No attorney, jus a judge and presenting the facts, has worked for me before.   Too bad about your situation, fires me up Ford does sometimes, but it is all I buy.    Good luck, post what happens.

SHOdded

posting on ford's social media page may get you positive results in phone calls to corporate are not working out.  were the plugs Motorcraft/Ford?

keep up the good fight.