• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

MDesign Race Spec Prototype Exhaust

Started by MDesign Performance, May 17, 2014, 01:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Will

I am interested in the street spec.  Very curious to hear the two side by side.  If the street spec is a tad quieter and has no drone or rattle I think you'll have a real winner.
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

SVTCruz

Did this exhaust ever get released? I want one!!!!

ZSHO

SVTCruz think Mdesign still has it,you can try to send him a pm.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SVTCruz

Quote from: ZSHO on January 05, 2016, 04:42:06 PM
SVTCruz think Mdesign still has it,you can try to send him a pm.  Z

Thanks, will do!

ZSHO

In my opinion its very similar to the Police interceptor exhaust,probably might need to add a )Y-PIPE)before the cats along with some custom welding.  Z    https://levittownfordsupercenter.com/levittown-parts/#parts   Btw you can purchase a Y-PIPE at Summitt or any performance retailer,hope this helps any if the exhaust is sold.  Z     Here's another link.   https://levittownfordsupercenter.com/levittown-parts/#parts

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

If you have occasion to call/deal with Levittown, ask for Benny, he's da man over there in parts.  Levittown is also a sponsor of the Edge forum.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SVTCruz

Quote from: ZSHO on January 05, 2016, 05:52:32 PM
In my opinion its very similar to the Police interceptor exhaust,probably might need to add a )Y-PIPE)before the cats along with some custom welding.  Z    https://levittownfordsupercenter.com/levittown-parts/#parts   Btw you can purchase a Y-PIPE at Summitt or any performance retailer,hope this helps any if the exhaust is sold.  Z     Here's another link.     https://levittownfordsupercenter.com/levittown-parts/#parts

Interesting, I might go this route. Do you happen to know the diameter of the SEL piping?

ZSHO

Quote from: SVTCruz on January 05, 2016, 09:06:47 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on January 05, 2016, 05:52:32 PM
In my opinion its very similar to the Police interceptor exhaust,probably might need to add a )Y-PIPE)before the cats along with some custom welding.  Z    https://levittownfordsupercenter.com/levittown-parts/#parts   Btw you can purchase a Y-PIPE at Summitt or any performance retailer,hope this helps any if the exhaust is sold.  Z     Here's another link.     https://levittownfordsupercenter.com/levittown-parts/#parts

Interesting, I might go this route. Do you happen to know the diameter of the SEL piping?
It should be 2.25" if i'm not mistaken,you can always call and confirm with Benny because SHOdded and him are certainly da man. Z    https://levittownfordsupercenter.com/levittown-parts/#parts

SVTCruz

It should be 2.25" if i'm not mistaken,you can always call and confirm with Benny because SHOdded and him are certainly da man. Z    https://levittownfordsupercenter.com/levittown-parts/#parts
[/quote]

Hmmmm, ok I'll keep this one in mind. I'm looking for a 3" pipe

ZSHO

Quote from: SVTCruz on January 05, 2016, 09:26:47 PM

Hmmmm, ok I'll keep this one in mind. I'm looking for a 3" pipe
[/quote]I dont think a 3"exhaust is feasible,DP is a different story and best of luck.  Z

SVTCruz

I dont think a 3"exhaust is feasible,DP is a different story and best of luck.  Z
[/quote]

Oh ok, I thought that's what MD was using on that prototype exhaust. What size is that?

ZSHO

Mdesign exhaust.      After doing many different exhaust configurations first hand, including different sized piping, configuration of piping, and different brands of mufflers/resonators I've learned a lot in regards to the EcoBoost exhaust system when it comes to sound.

If you're going to modify your stock exhaust I highly suggest leaving the OEM mufflers intact and untouched as they do a great job in preventing dreaded cabin drone. The best thing you can do to the OEM exhaust is a modification of the "X-pipe" mod:

1. Cut out the resonator and third cat as you would per the x-pipe mod
2. Insert a 2.25" dual to 3" single y-pipe right after the flanges for the beginning of the OEM cutback
3. Use a 3" in-out Vibrant Ultra-Highflow SS Resonator
4. Come back into another 3" single to 2.25" dual y-pipe to mate to the rest of the factory exhaust system.

So you are essentially doing the X-pipe mod though a different configuration of it which will create a unique sound and kill any rasp.

Here is an example below to show the y-pipe to the single resonator though it did not go back into the OEM configuration and it is custom all the way through

BBOX

Quote from: SVTCruz on January 05, 2016, 04:18:37 PM

I have it, and I'm looking to sell it. Only issue would be figuring out shipping.

Scott4957

Quote from: BBOX on January 06, 2016, 01:21:45 PM
Quote from: SVTCruz on January 05, 2016, 04:18:37 PM

I have it, and I'm looking to sell it. Only issue would be figuring out shipping.

I assume this is the race version, did the one you get have the xpipe or resonator added to reduce drone? I seem to remember you taking this off because it was too loud. I would be interested as well, and I'm close by. Only thing it that I don't want to deal with highway drone.
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

BBOX

It is and I did. I ended up getting a really good deal on a SW exhaust so I swapped it out, I do think adding a resonator to the MDesign would fix it up nicely. Given that it's not really gonna be easy to ship and that I think most people would want to add a resonator or something to help with drone at least a bit, I'd price it pretty reasonably and it's definitely possible to use your car to haul it home if need be as I brought it home from Michigan in mine.