• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

MDesign Race Spec Prototype Exhaust

Started by MDesign Performance, May 17, 2014, 01:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDesign Performance

Quote from: panther427 on May 18, 2014, 05:47:08 PM
Thanks for your ideas and work. I had really not planned to buy an exhaust until you realised this dream.  When you gonna talk about your intake?

Just here to help out my fellow enthusiast. As far as the intake, I've got the carbon fiber coming in so maybe Sunday.
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

QuickSilver

Ah yes, the dreaded drone. I've known it well for the last 10K miles. Passengers will sometimes ask why my Ex Sport is so loud *inside* the cabin :-[  I too am looking for a solution, I'm gonna make one more change to my system before I 'give up' and add a resonator. 
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...

Wilson

2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

wasinger3000

I'd love to see a resonator welded in this exhaust. Is that possible to get this made? Also what's the cost on this?

Sent using smoke signals.

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

MDesign Performance

Resonator has been welded in, I've been trying to log on miles on the system. It definitely has grown on me and I've gotten compliments or waved down in traffic multiple times with people alway asking questions of whats done to the car. I've decided to offer 2 versions of the exhaust, a Race and Street Spec. Only differences between the 2 will be the rear mufflers, Race Spec being free-flowing race type mufflers and Street Spec using free-flowing suitcase style mufflers for a quieter tone.

Price is going to be $799 + shipping and it will be a complete bolt on kit, anyone can PM me for info.

As a side note, the Dual Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake is completed. With just a week of testing I am getting intake air temps of 87-92 on a 80 degree day, the faster you move the lower the temps due to the ram air design. It is a completely sealed intake system with complete hard pipes to each turbo, I have one ram air inlet at the bottom of the bumper and the second at the OEM intake duct opening. I plan on taking the car to the track to get some numbers though there is definitely a gain, pictures don't really do it any justice as it is hard to capture the carbon fiber though here is a sneak peak:

2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

southtxSHO

Nice... how about an exhaust vid with the resonator .

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes
12.89@ 105 MPH best time @ Edinburg Raceway

panther427

Damn man the intake cans are a work of automotive art...... good job...

As for your exhaust...which style y pipe design are you going with?? ?
2013 SHO

SHOdded

x2 on the automotive art :thumb:  Nice control of the IAT.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

wasinger3000

Hope to see a video of the street vs race spec.

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

MDesign Performance

Quote from: southtxSHO on June 03, 2014, 11:25:16 PM
Nice... how about an exhaust vid with the resonator .

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I'll try and get a vid up shortly!

Quote from: panther427 on June 03, 2014, 11:27:51 PM
Damn man the intake cans are a work of automotive art...... good job...

As for your exhaust...which style y pipe design are you going with?? ?

Thanks man! I'll be going with my original design as on the first page, it just has a more efficient 3" resonator attached to the 3" piping.

Quote from: SHOdded on June 04, 2014, 12:39:24 AM
x2 on the automotive art :thumb:  Nice control of the IAT.

Thanks! Yea with normal driving I can hit ambient temperature, it was 67 this morning and I was hovering around 69 at a speed of 50 MPH. After some very good spirited driving and pulls I noticed it peeked at 129 and then settled down to very low 80's high 70's. Big test will be back to back pulls at the drag strip!

Quote from: wasinger3000 on June 04, 2014, 12:52:10 AM
Hope to see a video of the street vs race spec.

I'll need to get the Race Spec exhaust off of my hands before having the Street Spec installed/created for vids as I have no place for storage. I would be willing to make a deal on the prototype so I can go ahead and do that if anyone is interested.

J-Will

Since this is primarily about the exhaust, let me first state that I am interested. Esp if the drone disappears. For me- most likely the street setup as I plan to add in downpipes too, and I don't want the exhaust note too loud.

I am also very interested in the intake design, install, and of course test results.

Both products sound very promising and I appreciate your time for r&d as well as testing that you are conducting.
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

wasinger3000

Can you make a video of the race with the engine warm? Just put a camera looking at the bumper and make a video of it at idle then give it a few revs. Then do the exact same thing with the street exhaust when you get it on. So it can Be compared that way.

Here's how I did one for my exhaust. Just an idea.

2013 Mustang GT/CS exhaust comparison: http://youtu.be/soaB2_DESac

pejohnson

Any new updates on this exhaust?  I was curious on resolving the drone at low rpms.
13 Platinum White, PP, 402A, Moonroof, Multi-contour seats, and Navigation.  MODS - LMS 93 octane 3bar tune, 160 LMS thermostat, Airaid CAI, 15% tint, interior LED upgrade, LED puddle lights, Nurburgring 20" Gloss Black Powercoated Rims, H&R springs, Corsa catback exhaust, LMS catted downpipes

Best time 1/4 mile 12.588 sec @ 109.44 mph

MDesign Performance

The Race Spec has settled in and there is very limited drone which is acceptable for the nature of the exhaust. The idea with the Race Spec was to put out power while sounding different and with the straight through free flowing design it does that.

The Street Spec is in the works and there should be more info within the next week which is when it is expected to be completed.

Wilson

Thanks for the update.  Can we get a sound clip of the Race Spec with the resonator?
2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires