• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjhpadi

Good luck with finding the leak...I'm stuck at the scuba center today... the rest of our staff is in Maine dredging for gold... I drew the short straw to stay home and man our store.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

geswek

Quote from: mjhpadi on August 17, 2013, 09:50:13 AM
Good luck with finding the leak...I'm stuck at the scuba center today... the rest of our staff is in Maine dredging for gold... I drew the short straw to stay home and man our store.

LETS GO SCUBA DIVING DANGIT!

geswek

OK, so I do like working on my car in good weather...and when I have my tools (all that is left back at my house in Texas).

So, I decided to try and fix the t-handle myself; went and got a drill and a tap/die set. It was going exceptionally well until I screwed up the last hole and couldn't fix it. I somehow offset it so the lock out wouldn't work quite right. Of course I dropped one of the set screws for the handle--had to try and find that damn thing. Of course I "tried" to fix the hole and ended up breaking the drill bit off. I tried to get it out and it fell inside the tube the little plastic lock out plunger goes in. I couldn't get it to disengage lockout to switch gears. I ended up pulling the entire center console apart and the shifter assembly out just to fix all the crap. When I went to put it back I learned each screw for each corner is temperamental. I couldn't get them to freaking seat--so I needed a longer extension and adapter for my drill. I drove to Harbor Freight (20 minutes) with my shifter assembly just sitting in the center console. I ended up putting everything back together in the parking lot at Harbor Freight.

Lesson; if you REALLY want the T Handle from the 2010-2012 Taurus; just spend the $160 dollars and buy the entire shifting assembly. You have to be "SPOT" on with the holes otherwise you will have helluva time with the lockout like I did. I'm just going to order whole assembly and switch them out; they are exactly the same--just one has holes in different side.

shoman04

STARTED MY METH INSTALL!!!!!!! :biggrin: Thanks to bpd ,steve,and Ecobrick bob.

The START, thanks bpd, You on the laptop from start to end.

Working at my brother-in-law shop,COOL.

Pump in.

Work on METH/WASHER tank conversion.

remote fill tank plum/install.

Remote tank and Meth tank completed and end of the day.
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoPowerParts

Spent 14 hours on the car yesterday but everything is in and working. Need to do some tweaking to the tune and fuel pressure settings today.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: SHOdded on August 18, 2013, 11:35:56 AM
No ... more ... leaks  :bangin:
I figured out what was causing my boost leak, the old fuel cell that was in the car was "sitting" on the back turbo to IC pipe, when the engine rotated it caused the pipe to shift and loosen one of the silicone connectors. I am seeing 20PSI again, just need to get fuel dialed in, too too much fuel with new dual fuel pumps. :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

bpd1151

Quote from: shoman04 on August 18, 2013, 03:59:55 AMSTARTED MY METH INSTALL!!!!!!! :biggrin:

Thanks to bpd, Steve, and Ecobrick bob.

The START, thanks bpd, You on the laptop from start to end.

How did it all go for you there shoman04?

Hopefully my "How-To" got you both through it w/o too many issues.

:popcorn:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 6

SHODYOU

I changed my oil, 6qts 5/30 Red Line with a PureOne Purolator (store didn't carry 500s and I figured PureOne is same same anyways lol)

I also moved my rear 5/16" spacer to the front and put new 7/16" spacers on the rear, while rotating the tires.
2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

EcoPowerParts

Two days of hard work have paid off, car is fully running on E85! Looking good!
No more fuel cell under the hood, only have to fill the car up with E85, no more mixing 91/E85.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

SHOdded

mval

went to first open car show with my ford club buddies. Luckily mustang, camaros & corvettes had their own classes. my SHO was in the 2005 to present non-moded. No super cars showed up, caddy V's, dodge srt8's, or 392's. car i liked best in my class was a 2006 GTO, but guy didn't clean her up good & didn't do anything for presentation, so didn't place. Luckily beat out the rest & took home the blue ribbon. main reason is ford has done such a poor job of getting the word out on our cars, most judges first time to see one live.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

Needmoreboost

SHO is at Ford dealership to get 1.) recall on fuel pump/module 2.) Fresh blood and filter 3.) Cross tire rotation.

Completed 4 more logs yesterday as Torrie has mentioned my car has been difficult to tune for various reasons.  LOL.  Making great progress though.  LOL
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.