• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glock-coma

Quote from: glock-coma on August 13, 2013, 11:56:51 PM
I actually just went back to eBay to get the link...... But it's not there anymore.
I bought this badge back in April,
sent a message to the seller to see if they're still available.
I'll post when he gets back to me.
The company was sick speed, here's a link to the sellers store
http://stores.ebay.com/autostarsoutlet/

The seller of the 3.5L twin turbo badges contacted me today.
He said they will be available in approximately 2 weeks.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

EcoPowerParts

I went today to pick up fuel lines and fitting to install my new fuel pumps. I'm planning on using the stock line for a return line and I needed an adapter to feed the factory aluminum line to the DI pump on the valve cover. To make sure the adapters I was going to buy fit I asked if I could go test fit them on the car.
First, removed factory fuel line, boom fuel everywhere, no fire.. phew!
Male adapter into the factory plastic fuel line fit, and came right out, no problem. Female adapter onto male aluminum hard line, fit as well. Whoops, it won't come off, went inside to see if they had a 3/8" fuel line release tool. Nope....
OK so now I have a 3/8" male to -6 AN to the factory plastic line coming from the pump and a -6 male to 3/8" female quick disconnect on the factory hard line with a -6 female to female join....
This is how I had to drive home, I even bought the tool to disconnect but it was so freaking hot I gave up after trying for 5 minutes.
:)
Ooh and I had 17psi of boost on the way there, some guy in a BMW 330i wanted to play and all of a sudden I have 5psi. Guess it will make it easier to find that boost leak!
:P
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

geswek

I finished the LED's today so that makes me happy.

Met up with some mates at the Wawa in downtown Chester; eh, it's kinda like an all kids hang out spot--so I was a little out of place being as old as I am. It was funny to show off the SHO; kids liked it.

I left and it was 62F outside; I forgot what it's like to drive in that temperature with a boosted car--she was definitely putting some power down!

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: geswek on August 14, 2013, 09:48:43 PM
I left and it was 62F outside; I forgot what it's like to drive in that temperature with a boosted car--she was definitely putting some power down!
109 today here... :(
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

geswek

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on August 14, 2013, 09:51:19 PM

OH, I feel your pain man; Mum told me it was 106 in Austin today. I'm afraid it's going to be BLOODY hot when I go down to Texas in November. My car is going to be SO grumpy.

Hope you figure your boost issues out; sucks with all that freaking heat down there. :(

EcoBrick Bob

75 here today and sunny with little wind.   Sweet Corn stands everywhere and tastes best in years!
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

BigPelo

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on August 14, 2013, 09:51:19 PM
Quote from: geswek on August 14, 2013, 09:48:43 PM

53 this morning north of the border.
Week-end family transporter: 2013 SHO tuxedo black, performance package, unleashed custom 94 octane tune, K&N Typhoon intake, 170F thermostat, 3 bar MAP sensor, SP534 spark plugs, 5000K HID Morimoto mini D2S projectors retrofit, tinted windows, Full LED lighting in and out, Eibach springs
Daily beater: 2002 WRX wagon swap JDM STi v7 20G'd

geswek

Just dropped car off for caliper painting and t-handle install. I also talked to them and they may be able to fix my front end. These guys are all old body shop dudes in their 50s. Save me the insurance claim and money too!

Sent from a mobile, I think.

Needmoreboost

This morning...ahh...more datalogging and revisions.  :)   ;D
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

Needmoreboost

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on August 14, 2013, 09:43:44 PM
Ooh and I had 17psi of boost on the way there, some guy in a BMW 330i wanted to play and all of a sudden I have 5psi. Guess it will make it easier to find that boost leak!

Interesting?  In my experience (if it is a boost leak) they were never an intermittent problem as you describe above.  It was either leaking or not.  Your not going to get 17 psi one time and 5 psi another.  It will however make it difficult to tune the car consistently and make the car run like poop.  You may have other problems.  IMO
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

jomc111

Quote from: Needmoreboost on August 15, 2013, 10:13:50 AM

Interesting?  In my experience (if it is a boost leak) they were never an intermittent problem as you describe above.  It was either leaking or not.  Your not going to get 17 psi one time and 5 psi another.  It will however make it difficult to tune the car consistently and make the car run like poop.  You may have other problems.  IMO

He knows he has had a leak it was really small and hard to find now it should be easier.  No intermittent issues unless I missed something
2009 mazdaspeed 3 Garrett GT3076R//HKS SQV3 blowoff valave//Autotech internals//Pauter rods//CP pistons// ACT 6 puck clutch// Lightened Flywheel//PG tubular manifold//Corksport downpipe// Streetunit racepipe// Greddy Ti-C catback//HKS type 0 Turbo Timer// Manual boost controller// Eibach pro-kit// Koni FSD dampers// JDM yellow fog overlays// COBB short throw shifter// oil filter conversion // BSD //
Parted out - sold
2010 sho -stock -sold
2014 focus st

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: jomc111 on August 15, 2013, 10:26:25 AM
Quote from: Needmoreboost on August 15, 2013, 10:13:50 AM

He knows he has had a leak it was really small and hard to find now it should be easier.  No intermittent issues unless I missed something
Definitely a boost leak, car was doing 23 psi for 4-6 hours when the sun shined on my rear. The car then would only do 17psi for 2 or 3 weeks of driving, now down to 5 psi and nothing above it.
New in tank fuel pumps going in this weekend which remove the underhood fuel cell and fuel pump on the drivers side radiator area. This makes a ton more room available to see the turbo to intercooler piping for prototype work to be done.
The new intake all tubing to turbo parts will be silicone so I can boost leak test very easily instead of having to try and get to the turbo inlets.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

EcoBrick Bob

I think it's a lost cause... You should just give me your car and be done with it... Start over on a 2014!!!!

My Flex hasn't moved in 3 days.... So today, I just walked by and stared at it.  "Beautiful"!!!

A pair would look even better.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011

Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

EcoBrick Bob

He might be more willing to give it to you!   I always say..."It never hurts to ask"...