• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJE624

I understood that the SVT Team helped build our engines?

DJE624

Wrong again, I guess.  Well, guess what?  No more f'n stickers.  (Except the wheel hub domes.) ;D

mval

DAVE:
I like you want to make my SHO stand out. I've been thinking about the engine compartment, as all I have now is a black plastic tray holder for awards & the like. What I've been thinking is doing the section on the right with a red, white & blue line scheme where the plastic is raised & rough with high temp paint. Then I've got some star stencilson the way to do in white randomly on the rest of plastic leaving the present black as background. Got to do something, get tired of looking at Pony big block supper good looking engines. Worst case is if don't like either paint it black again.
Also got some little short black flames  8" coming to put on front quarter low over to  & then continuing on door. My friend did this with his challenger & to me looked cool, as was small & not obnoxious yet added a little something. I know all the non-decals guys a throwing up right now, but if I end up not don't liking I can easily remove.
MikeV
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

DJE624

Sounds good Mike.  We'll need to see pictures.  I thought about having my cover done in White Plat but now I took it off to relieve heat.  I still might do it sometime. 

adelsin

Quote from: DJE624 on July 24, 2013, 11:38:38 AM
Sounds good Mike.  We'll need to see pictures.  I thought about having my cover done in White Plat but now I took it off to relieve heat.  I still might do it sometime. 

I figured the cover was there to protect the hood.
2013 Green Gem SHO PP, all available options.

DJE624

IDK.  The hood has insulation so it should be okay.

DJE624

Ordered my MyCal this morning!  I'll have it tomorrow.  Hopefully Stage 4+ by Saturday. 

Got the Tracking Number!  Estimated 1030 Thursday (Tomorrow!) 

geswek

>dkjwj

I just carried 4 wheels, springs, and bunch bolts and crap to the car.

I'm ready to die--it's a long walk from the apartment to the parking garage!

Car is dropped off tomorrow at 8am; here's to good luck on the install.

:biggrin: :biggrin:

DJE624

geswek

Quote from: DJE624 on July 24, 2013, 07:24:34 PM
Good luck!  How long did they quote you?

4 hours or something.

I'm dropping the car off and picking up rental--I have to go to Jersey and visit some sites. I'll pick the car up tomorrow night on my way home.

geswek

I got the car detailed and now I'm grocery shopping.

She looks sexy as hell, I got a boner!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

DJE624

I love staring at my SHO as I walk out of the store to the far side of the parking lot.

Larrylu

Yesterday as I returned to my car in the parking lot, I was asked if the car was a Taurus. When I said yes, the admirer said it was a beautiful car. I thanked him and we chatted briefly and he was shocked to learn that my SHO was a '10 with 48K on the clock. These beasts are aging very well in the styling department.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

geswek

Hehe, I love the reactions when I take people for a ride in it.

"Oh it's just a Taurus, pretty spiffy".

Offer them a ride, insist on a ride, start it up.

"OH s***!"

"Yeah buddy, you just rode in a SHO. Not your every day Grandpa Taurus."

geswek

I was tweaking some filters around and messing with synthetic HDR.

Hmm.