• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBOX

Quote from: SHOdded on July 28, 2014, 04:56:57 AM
Which downpipes?  Is the MDesigns race exhaust available for ordering now?  Sound clip?  :D

PPE catted, I didn't want to run the risk of any emissions issues. As for MDesigns, I'm unsure if he's ready to sell them or not, he wanted to create a Street version of his exhaust but didn't have room to store the Race version so he cut me a nice deal on it and I picked it up. I'll try to get sound clips here shortly, I have none currently.

BBOX

ZSHO, the difference is almost unreal, the car felt nice before but now it feels raw when I go WOT. Best part is she's still my sweet, lovely girl at part throttle, but as soon as I drop the hammer, she turns in to a bad b*tch. SHOnUup, it was a hell of a week, though it looked like it was gonna be a bad one for a minute, I didn't realize there are two MAP sensors and initially changed the MAP before the throttle body, which meant the car was in limp mode once I uploaded the tune. Fortunately I dug around on here and discovered the MAP on top of the manifold is the one needed changing, corrected my error and have had a big grin on my face since then.

SHOdded

Hope Spartn gets production rolling soon on his unique exhaust systems (c'mon, play a little hooky ;) ).  I'm sure they are Da Bomb!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BBOX

I'm pretty pleased with it so far, I hope he makes them available soon, and I hope he gets his intake going.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ford4thot

Quote from: SHOdded on July 29, 2014, 01:21:52 PM
Quote from: ford4thot on July 29, 2014, 01:05:23 PM
This
Nice!  Envious :)
Actually got it for free! Won a free custom tune but had no tuner. So a member of the forum bought this for me! Couldn't believe it. Had trouble connecting my brothers laptop to my network last night, he's helping me tonight. Can't wait

SHOdded

Rub it in, why don'tcha?  Who's the lucky tuner handling your EB?

ford4thot

Quote from: SHOdded on July 29, 2014, 02:35:33 PM
Rub it in, why don'tcha?  Who's the lucky tuner handling your EB?
I truly feel humbled I'm not trying to rub it in lol

Free tune was ***, I'm going to load canned 87 first. I've never tuned so I'll try canned then load a *** tune. If it feels right and logs right I may never try another

ford4thot

18.85 psi max boost....87 canned on X4.
Stock psi was 12ish

SHOdded

Wow!  I guess you can run that kind of boost on the F150's stock.  Looks like time for a 170 tstat though?  Do you have access to IAT info through the X4?  Wanted to see the superduper CAC at work :)

ford4thot

Quote from: SHOdded on July 30, 2014, 05:20:24 AM
Wow!  I guess you can run that kind of boost on the F150's stock.  Looks like time for a 170 tstat though?  Do you have access to IAT info through the X4?  Wanted to see the superduper CAC at work :)
Iat is intake air temp right? Then yes. Actually I haven't had any issues with my 2011 CAC....other years have baffles inside and tons of air blocking plates added per TSB's....
Last night I never saw 20 above ambient. I was usually within 5-10 degrees.
Can't wait for a custom tune!

Oh yeah.....This is way more boost than a buddy is seeing in his truck with same octane/tune/device.....His is a '13

BigPelo

Repaired the headlight that works only couple hour after the retrofit. I had to take down the front bumper again and both headlights. The ballast wasn't working but hopefully I had one spare. Now it works like hell! Need to adjust height though because passenger side lights the sky...
Week-end family transporter: 2013 SHO tuxedo black, performance package, unleashed custom 94 octane tune, K&N Typhoon intake, 170F thermostat, 3 bar MAP sensor, SP534 spark plugs, 5000K HID Morimoto mini D2S projectors retrofit, tinted windows, Full LED lighting in and out, Eibach springs
Daily beater: 2002 WRX wagon swap JDM STi v7 20G'd

wasinger3000

Is the key fob covered under ant kind of warranty? Mine keeps eating batteries like crazy.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

ZSHO

Key fob are not covered under basic warranty,if you purchase the extended warranty on the vehicle,you have the choice for your rims,tires,key fobs to be covered at additional cost,depending on which plan you take,platinum,gold,etc.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|