• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wasinger3000

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

SHOnUup

^^^wish I had the tools and knowhow for this stuff...at least the tools, the knowhow is fun learning.
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

Broke the interior door latch on drivers side door:( casually opening door and fingers slip off end of door latch letting it snap back to place, didn't notice until next time it was used. Still works but very sloppy and loose with the spring just floating around in there.
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ecoboostsho

Quote from: wasinger3000 on July 27, 2014, 01:25:40 AM
Almost done with this one.
Nice work! Does it fit under the car without anyone seeing it? Would love to hear a clip as well...
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

Brucelinc

I replaced the rear pads on my MKS after about 5 years and 50,000 of service.   They were BAD.  Not only were the pads nearly worn to the metal, but the caliper pins were dry so it would not have been long until they wouldn't move.  One of the inner pads was frozen to the caliper bracket.  It had the most lining left on it since it really hadn't been touching the rotor for some time!

I had the Brake TSB done (front rotors, pads & caliper brackets) about 25,000 miles ago so the front brakes still have some service left in them.  Granted, the original equipment brakes are not great but I really don't care to do a major upgrade at this point.  I replaced the rear pads with Duralast Gold ceramic pads from Autozone.   I put the same type of pad on my wife's Taurus last year and they are quiet, low dust and reasonably priced.  Besides, Autozone loans the caliper piston tool that is a requirement for rear brakes.

If you have over 50,000 on your MKS or SHO and live in a climate where salt is used on the roads, you might want to check the rear brakes.   

ecoboostsho

Rear brakes is next on my list...I bet mine are in bad shape as well.
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

PokerMunkee

Is Seafoam/Chevron Techron OK to put in our gas tank?  I usually do a bottle every oil change.  Just making sure it won't hurt anything...
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

SHOdded

Quote from: ford4thot on July 26, 2014, 11:55:30 PM
I don't haul as often or as much as I used to. Plus doing some go fast mods. So I think it's appropriate lol
Agreed!
Quote from: wasinger3000 on July 27, 2014, 01:25:40 AM
Almost done with this one.
Can't wait :)
Quote from: PokerMunkee on July 27, 2014, 12:17:19 PM
Is Seafoam/Chevron Techron OK to put in our gas tank?  I usually do a bottle every oil change.  Just making sure it won't hurt anything...
Follow recommended maintenance dosages, and you should be fine.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

PokerMunkee

2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

wasinger3000

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

wasinger3000

Ok here are some pics of it on the car. Drivers side has a lot more room to work with than the passenger side.

SHOdded

Quote from: wasinger3000 on July 27, 2014, 06:18:59 PM
Ok here are some pics of it on the car. Drivers side has a lot more room to work with than the passenger side.
Looks great :thumb:  Def tight on the pass side.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

SHOnUup

Drivers side mirror light died...looked at the led threads (many of them)...which one to read or where's the best place to order led replacement. ..thx

SHOdded