• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

panther427

2013 SHO

REDSHOCGO

Associate in arts was six years in the making due to work responsibility

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

2010 Red Candy Sho 402a option non/pp w/unleashed tune,3 bar map, k & N CAI, Corsa catback exhaust, tints 35% front 20% back vta conversion,plastidipped front grill (matteblack), Curva Concept C7 wheels w/20" toyo proxes +4 and Sony Xperia z running torque pro
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited tinted
2007 Pontiac G6 GTP cpe w/crab intake,Led sequential taillights, custom exhaust(now gone)

REDSHOCGO

2010 Red Candy Sho 402a option non/pp w/unleashed tune,3 bar map, k & N CAI, Corsa catback exhaust, tints 35% front 20% back vta conversion,plastidipped front grill (matteblack), Curva Concept C7 wheels w/20" toyo proxes +4 and Sony Xperia z running torque pro
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited tinted
2007 Pontiac G6 GTP cpe w/crab intake,Led sequential taillights, custom exhaust(now gone)

BiGMaC

Good lookin' grad in front of a good lookin' ride!  Congrats again!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

donky4444

Did a full detail with Adam's paint correcting system. It turned out great but I ran out of good light for finished pics. Also debadged the truck lid.  Here is a pic from right before I started doing the paint correction.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

donky4444

Since I lost daylight before I got pics I ran out tonight to get some downtown.

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

ford4thot

BiGMaC

Really looks Faaan-tastic donk!  I especially like the low angle hood shot... finish looks wet and deep!   Not a swirl left on your big girl! Excellent job.  :thumb:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Woody

Yesterday I tinted the headlights and tail lights with kits from Laminx.

MKS Laminx-20140518-007 by Randal Smith, on Flickr

SRT82ECOBOOST

Quote from: Woody on May 19, 2014, 11:10:18 AM

How did the install go? Any tips you can give/
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

donky4444

Quote from: Woody on May 19, 2014, 11:10:18 AM

I may end up doing my tails and rear reflectors as well.  Right now I need to get the taillights figured out with the dealership due to peeling chrome.  I stopped by my normal dealer which is Lincoln with no Ford.  I was told that since they were replaced under the factory bumper to bumper warranty they don't have a parts warranty on them.  They are only 8 months old.  The SA told me that he feels I should be an After Warranty Adjustment to get them replaced again but he said since they don't have Ford he can't do that.  I need to go back to a Ford dealership for that.  The Autogroup has a Ford dealership which is where I bought the car so I will be heading there this wee sometime.  The SA told me that as of this year all parts from Ford have a 2 year unlimited mile warranty on them even if replaced under warranty.  I also asked him about performing service on the PTU and he said Ford doesn't have anything and they don't do them.  Kind of what I figured so I will be finding a local shop to do it for me.

Woody

Quote from: SRT82ECOBOOST on May 19, 2014, 11:26:04 AM
How did the install go? Any tips you can give/

Patience.  A sprayer of filtered water  A hairdryer or heat gun.  Some more patience.  Some forgiveness for yourself when it's done, because it probably won't be perfect.  I had to tell myself to stop messing with it and just give it a day or two to see how it turns out.  I have a couple creases I still want to work on.  My guess it's the Taurus lights are much easier, but I haven't looked at them that closely.  The MKS lights have 3 major surfaces to them that you are covering with a single flat piece.  I started with the largest flat surface (which they tell you do to) and then used heat to stretch it around the sides.  Watch some Youtube videos.

MKS Laminx-20140518-002 by Randal Smith, on Flickr

MKS Laminx-20140518-005 by Randal Smith, on Flickr

MDesign Performance

^^ Thats awesome, didn't know they were removable if need be! How much did it run you if you don't mind me asking?
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance