• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimiJak

"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

MDesign Performance

Got bit by the mod bug this morning! Just placed my order for:

EBC Brakes S4KF1298 Stage 4 Signature Brake Kit

and components for the MDesigns Race Spec catback exhaust redesign. Contemplating on whether or not I should pull the trigger on a tune and plugs now or wait it out... :boom:
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

curry67

thats the kit i plan to get it would seem the best one. question though why do PP and non PP have different ebc brake pads i thought the caliper and rotor were the same?

southtxSHO

Installed 160 t-stat and retuned. Lowend feels good with LMS catted DPs

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes
12.89@ 105 MPH best time @ Edinburg Raceway

MDesign Performance

Quote from: curry67 on May 10, 2014, 03:00:41 PM
thats the kit i plan to get it would seem the best one. question though why do PP and non PP have different ebc brake pads i thought the caliper and rotor were the same?

Not sure about that, though I do know that this kit includes the larger 13.3" rotors instead of the OEM 12.8" rotors and is made to fit 2011-12 MKS EcoBoost specifically. You might want to give EBC a call to find out exactly what you need or go through the catalog. From what I can recall I believe the only difference between PP and non-PP are the brake pad materials so that might be why there are different pads listed.
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

curry67

I heard something about parking brake not working with somekits

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

SHOdded

That was for the rear rotor kit with the Wilwood brakes due to the larger/thicker hat size I believe.  Aftermarket parking brakes to return that functionality were under discussion, but nothing has come of it that I know of yet.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

REDSHOCGO

Quote from: BiGMaC on May 08, 2014, 01:08:38 AM
Nice job Jack... I know Spartn was anxious to see it on your ride.... Now we can officially talk about it... The math (MUCH better flow than any dual yet, etc.)  And much cheaper than the leading catbacks!

It's available as a kit from him for shipping.... contact Spartn for details on this.. see it here:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=2854.msg42508#msg42508

Oh yea,... and much more to come!.... Real Soon

Man wish this was a viable option when I was in the market for an exhaust
2010 Red Candy Sho 402a option non/pp w/unleashed tune,3 bar map, k & N CAI, Corsa catback exhaust, tints 35% front 20% back vta conversion,plastidipped front grill (matteblack), Curva Concept C7 wheels w/20" toyo proxes +4 and Sony Xperia z running torque pro
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited tinted
2007 Pontiac G6 GTP cpe w/crab intake,Led sequential taillights, custom exhaust(now gone)

MDesign Performance

Quote from: REDSHOCGO on May 10, 2014, 11:26:24 PMMan wish this was a viable option when I was in the market for an exhaust

You could probably sell your Corsa and break even on the exhaust, or make a bit off of it!

In other news...pulled the trigger on a tune! EBC Stage 4 Big Brake Kit, new exhaust prototype, and Unleashed Tuning SCT X4 tuner all on their way...this is going to be one hell of a wait!

SHOdded

I just want to see how you accomplish remaining stealth after all that, Spartn27!  :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

IA 5HO

2013 SHO, Deep Impact Blue, 402A, PP
LED Conversion All Around, 5W CREE LED Puddle Lights, MDesign Carbon
Fiber Cold Air Intake, VLEDS V3 Triton Amber/Amber Switchback T/S

bigmoneycloser

These will be installed next week...
EBC yellow stuff and BF Goodrich 285/35/22-Summer tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

QuickSilver

Gonna be doing some canyon carving eh BMC? 8)Nice! I looked at those BFG tires but what turned me off to them is a few of the reviewer's said they were great tires when new but when they got to 1/2 tread or so  they became very noisey.  Lets hope they were wrong :o
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...

bigmoneycloser

Yeah. I saw some reviews about noise too.
I got a great deal on them, so I will run them for just a few just a few months each summer or until them crap the bed... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

scap99

installed an S&B Intake on my truck this evening. :)