• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtxSHO

Ordered catted downpipes,  airaid  CAI and 160 t-stat :)

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes
12.89@ 105 MPH best time @ Edinburg Raceway

Woody

My Xpel kit for my roof and a-pillars as well as my "luggage area" came in.  Looks to me like they sent me 2 of the luggage area pieces.  So if it turns out to be true, I'll be looking for someone with an 09-12 MKS to send it to. ;)

donky4444

Quote from: JimiJak on April 21, 2014, 11:59:14 AM
Quote from: SHOdded on April 21, 2014, 09:14:52 AM
You are running the headlamps directly off battery, right, JimiJak?  Stock harness plugin would likely throttle available power.  What I don't know is if you have slots in the underhood fusebox for OEM HIDs (1 for left, 1 for right, like on the Edge).  You could connect the wiring to that as an alternative to running off battery.

That's a good thought.
However, I'm pretty sure that even with the ballasts connected directly to their own proprietary power source, it would still require the addition of a CANbus harness between the ballasts and fuse box to allow it to communicate back with the lighting system.

When I first installed the HIDs in the headlamps I hooked them up with a heavy duty set of relays to supply additional power to the ballasts...but even with that I was having the occasional problem of one bulb not lighting. So I think the CANbus harness is the only way to go. Pretty inexpensive solution...about $25.

Also, BIG thanks to BigMoneyCloser for hooking me up with switching my cargo light over to LED.

I upgraded my wife's 08 MKX to DDM tuning 55w 5000k for headlights and fog lights. I went with the DDM harness for both and it was a big help. The 55w kits draw a lot of power so you want to run them off the battery with the harness.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

black99lightning

installed updated LMS tune in the SHO.  Now to go drive it.
2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

68_GT

Got my tires rotated today and rinsed the dust off in an outdoor carwash. Later used some mothers aluminum polish on my 4in exhaust tips since they are not getting as black with the LMS V8 tune now. Replaced my crappy plastic tire valve stem caps with these :) (look closely it's subtle) These caps came with a little wrench so they go on too tight to get off with your hand. Discount tire lost the decent ones I had on before. Maybe the stockers were gold kinda pointed bullet shaped ?

also bought parts / oil to change my PTU oil this weekend.

Quote from: black99lightning on April 23, 2014, 11:37:42 AM
installed updated LMS tune in the SHO.  Now to go drive it.
nice enjoy  !
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

southtxSHO

Ordered some H&r springs today . Should be receiving my downpipes, 160 t-stat and airaid kit on Saturday.

2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes

68_GT

Quote from: southtxSHO on April 25, 2014, 01:38:32 AM
Ordered some H&r springs today . Should be receiving my downpipes, 160 t-stat and airaid kit on Saturday.

catless , or catted ? jealous ! I can't bring myself to spend that much for exhaust piping !!!! :)
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

southtxSHO

Quote from: 68_GT on April 25, 2014, 09:05:58 AM
Quote from: southtxSHO on April 25, 2014, 01:38:32 AM

catless , or catted ? jealous ! I can't bring myself to spend that much for exhaust piping !!!! :)

Lol I got the catted ones. I actually got an unexpected bonus . If not I would have been able to get all this goodies .

2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes

BiGMaC

Quote from: 68_GT on April 24, 2014, 09:39:47 PM
Replaced my crappy plastic tire valve stem caps with these :) (look closely it's subtle) These caps came with a little wrench so they go on too tight to get off with your hand.

[/URL
Very cool and functional too!   Got a link or a brand name/part number?

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

vernonator

Put a set of Cooper Zeon RS3-S's on all 4 corners. Not by choice mind you but the F1's were pretty thin and the gash in the sidewall of the rear passenger tire... IS an issue isn't it?

Just finished a hand wash and coat of Adams Spray Sealant. Will let that set and put a coat of brilliant glaze and buttery wax on this afternoon. Should be good for a month or two :)
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

SRT82ECOBOOST

Dropped my vehicle off at the dealer and just got reminded how much the stock tune lacks the punch of the V8 tune.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

SHODYOU

Scheduled an appt at my dads dealership for May 5th.
Getting a BG intake cleaning service, PTU fluid change with BG cleaning there as well, and an RDU fluid change.

Going to Red Line fluid.

Car has 43k miles on it... I'll post back with PTU fluid breakdown with my miles.
2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

BiGMaC

Quote from: SHODYOU on April 25, 2014, 03:17:44 PM
Scheduled an appt at my dads dealership for May 5th.
Getting a BG intake cleaning service, PTU fluid change with BG cleaning there as well, and an RDU fluid change.

Going to Red Line fluid.

Car has 43k miles on it... I'll post back with PTU fluid breakdown with my miles.

Have you considered getting a sample and having Blackstone Labs look at it?

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHODYOU

I have, doing it with oil next go round.

I def will the next time I change each, at approx. 75k miles, i want to see how the Red Line fares.

2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

dalum

Quote from: 68_GT on April 24, 2014, 09:39:47 PM
Got my tires rotated today and rinsed the dust off in an outdoor carwash. Later used some mothers aluminum polish on my 4in exhaust tips since they are not getting as black with the LMS V8 tune now. Replaced my crappy plastic tire valve stem caps with these :) (look closely it's subtle) These caps came with a little wrench so they go on too tight to get off with your hand. Discount tire lost the decent ones I had on before. Maybe the stockers were gold kinda pointed bullet shaped ?

also bought parts / oil to change my PTU oil this weekend.

Dear God please don't put metal caps on your air valves!  I've had to cut these off of so many friends cars because they bond to the metal, damaging the threads in the process.  There are products to put on the threads to help prevent this but its not worth it at all for a tiny black cap. 
2013 Non-PP SHO