• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilson

Put an Unleashed tune on the car today. Loving the way it pulls and shifts now. I also found out the definition of wheel hop today, LOL.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

SwampRat

Quote from: Wilson on April 19, 2014, 04:19:12 PM
Put an Unleashed tune on the car today. Loving the way it pulls and shifts now. I also found out the definition of wheel hop today, LOL.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

L O L   .... know what you mean ....
Asphalt  ...... concrete sucks !
Stickier summer perfomance rated tire and 32 psi Helped me .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

REDSHOCGO

Cleaned my girl not gonna wait until.she's fully dried and apply my 3.5l twin turbo emblems on the left and right front doors
2010 Red Candy Sho 402a option non/pp w/unleashed tune,3 bar map, k & N CAI, Corsa catback exhaust, tints 35% front 20% back vta conversion,plastidipped front grill (matteblack), Curva Concept C7 wheels w/20" toyo proxes +4 and Sony Xperia z running torque pro
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited tinted
2007 Pontiac G6 GTP cpe w/crab intake,Led sequential taillights, custom exhaust(now gone)

REDSHOCGO

2010 Red Candy Sho 402a option non/pp w/unleashed tune,3 bar map, k & N CAI, Corsa catback exhaust, tints 35% front 20% back vta conversion,plastidipped front grill (matteblack), Curva Concept C7 wheels w/20" toyo proxes +4 and Sony Xperia z running torque pro
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited tinted
2007 Pontiac G6 GTP cpe w/crab intake,Led sequential taillights, custom exhaust(now gone)

panther427

2013 SHO

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: REDSHOCGO on April 19, 2014, 05:23:10 PM
Done
I really like the placement.

I've been trying to figure out where to put mine...

BiGMaC

Put a new o-ring in my foam cannon and got her detailed!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Brucelinc

I took a little trip to Mexico early on Easter Sunday.  Some of us don't have a drag strip nearby so we have to improvise.  I know there are differences between using a gauge to measure performance versus going to the track.  However, I think I have a pretty quick MKS.

BiGMaC

Quote from: Brucelinc on April 20, 2014, 09:10:01 AM
I took a little trip to Mexico early on Easter Sunday.  Some of us don't have a drag strip nearby so we have to improvise.  I know there are differences between using a gauge to measure performance versus going to the track.  However, I think I have a pretty quick MKS.

Excellent 0-60!   and nothing shabby about the 18th or quarter either!... Super times!  :beer2:  The fun of the SHO is that fierce 0-60.  With the 3BAR and LMS tune mod for it, which Dan told me had a whole new turbo mapping, the same seems to happen 60-100!  :thumb:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

Brucelinc

BiGMaC, I am sure Dan is correct. My car is brutal in 1st and 2nd but sort of lays down as the RPMs build in 3rd.  I left the car in Drive, of course, and I was at the end of the quarter before it shifted to 4th.

I wonder if I had shifted to 4th manually a bit sooner, if I would have had a better time and higher speed at the end.  I am not sure how an MKS stacks up aerodynamically with a SHO, either.  It just seems that 90-105 is my weak spot.

BiGMaC

Quote from: Brucelinc on April 20, 2014, 11:24:09 AM
BiGMaC, I am sure Dan is correct. My car is brutal in 1st and 2nd but sort of lays down as the RPMs build in 3rd.  I left the car in Drive, of course, and I was at the end of the quarter before it shifted to 4th.

I wonder if I had shifted to 4th manually a bit sooner, if I would have had a better time and higher speed at the end.  I am not sure how an MKS stacks up aerodynamically with a SHO, either.  It just seems that 90-105 is my weak spot.

Well I don't have the dyno yet... but I think getting to use that little boost above 14.5 is why the upper end seems to feel a little stronger... and still pins me in my seat... we'll see in time

JimiJak

well...
RX OCC - RE-MOUNTED OUTSIDE THE ENGINE BAY WITH REMOTE DRAIN ON XSPORT.

Also, installed my DDM 55w 3000K HID fogs while I had the front end off. I think they turned out pretty sweet with the Morimoto 55w 6000K HID headlamps...Still need to get the canbus harness(es) from TRS and throw those on.

Anyone else have HID fogs installed? Any flickering or issues with them without a canbus? I've been having some flickering with the headlamps. TIA
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

Woody

Quote from: JimiJak on April 21, 2014, 02:21:44 AM
well...
RX OCC - RE-MOUNTED OUTSIDE THE ENGINE BAY WITH REMOTE DRAIN ON XSPORT.

Also, installed my DDM 55w 3000K HID fogs while I had the front end off. I think they turned out pretty sweet with the Morimoto 55w 6000K HID headlamps...Still need to get the canbus harness(es) from TRS and throw those on.

Anyone else have HID fogs installed? Any flickering or issues with them without a canbus? I've been having some flickering with the headlamps. TIA

Can you share a list of what you had to buy to do this?  I have been thinking about putting an hid kit in the fogs on my MKS. I'd like to put in a driving light pattern instead of a fog light pattern. Right now I just put some cheap yellow bulbs in the fogs. The stock fogs were worthless. The yellow is better but I feel they are still aimed a bit low. I prefer the look of yellow next to the HIDs instead of regular halogens.

SHOdded

You are running the headlamps directly off battery, right, JimiJak?  Stock harness plugin would likely throttle available power.  What I don't know is if you have slots in the underhood fusebox for OEM HIDs (1 for left, 1 for right, like on the Edge).  You could connect the wiring to that as an alternative to running off battery.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

JimiJak

Quote from: SHOdded on April 21, 2014, 09:14:52 AM
You are running the headlamps directly off battery, right, JimiJak?  Stock harness plugin would likely throttle available power.  What I don't know is if you have slots in the underhood fusebox for OEM HIDs (1 for left, 1 for right, like on the Edge).  You could connect the wiring to that as an alternative to running off battery.

That's a good thought.
However, I'm pretty sure that even with the ballasts connected directly to their own proprietary power source, it would still require the addition of a CANbus harness between the ballasts and fuse box to allow it to communicate back with the lighting system.

When I first installed the HIDs in the headlamps I hooked them up with a heavy duty set of relays to supply additional power to the ballasts...but even with that I was having the occasional problem of one bulb not lighting. So I think the CANbus harness is the only way to go. Pretty inexpensive solution...about $25.

Also, BIG thanks to BigMoneyCloser for hooking me up with switching my cargo light over to LED.
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build