• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

REDSHOCGO

Quote from: BiGMaC on April 17, 2014, 03:56:07 PM
Just got the LMS v8 tune for the 3Bar on my MyCal (also with adjustments for downpipes, T-stat, and CAI).  Been running without the 3BAR mod for a week now..... gonna duck out early today to install and play with my SHO!   :dude:
Nice love my 3 bar tune. Have fun playing
2010 Red Candy Sho 402a option non/pp w/unleashed tune,3 bar map, k & N CAI, Corsa catback exhaust, tints 35% front 20% back vta conversion,plastidipped front grill (matteblack), Curva Concept C7 wheels w/20" toyo proxes +4 and Sony Xperia z running torque pro
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited tinted
2007 Pontiac G6 GTP cpe w/crab intake,Led sequential taillights, custom exhaust(now gone)

Woody

Let my front BOV VTA.  Still working on the back one.  I just pulled the hose off the BOV, stuffed a 1/2" PVC cap in the end of the hose and put the clamp back over it to seal the intake side.  Tomorrow I want to try to get the other one done and drill a 2" hole in the air box to see what that does for turbo sound.  I miss the sound effects from my WRX.

68_GT

Quote from: Woody on April 17, 2014, 08:40:42 PM
Let my front BOV VTA.  Still working on the back one.  I just pulled the hose off the BOV, stuffed a 1/2" PVC cap in the end of the hose and put the clamp back over it to seal the intake side.  Tomorrow I want to try to get the other one done and drill a 2" hole in the air box to see what that does for turbo sound.  I miss the sound effects from my WRX.

I considered drilling the hole in my airbox until I drove my SHO with no intake on just to hear the sound, and I wasn't too impressed so I figured I'd pass on that since if could only hurt performance letting in warmer underhood temps. Even with no intake on the sounds wasn't that audible. Not sure what the hole would do for added sound ?? Seems like the K&N Typhoon guys says it's loud but I don't see how that cold be louder than no intake ???
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

IHeartGroceries

Nothing fancy. Just a wash before going back into the garage.

Going to have to put in a request the 3bar v8 finally this evening. I've had a 3 bar MAPS for a month now, just sitting in the garage. :D

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
2013 SHO PP

68_GT

Quote from: glock-coma on April 16, 2014, 06:47:16 PM
Couple more pics in better light of red plasti dipped taillight surrounds and badges. 
Updated pics, for some reason my phone pic settings were on transfer processing.

nice ! did you remove the emblems to plasti dip them or tape them off or what !? I  have thought about doing the face of my emblems black with the sides / insides still chrome. Maybe too difficult to do that ??
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

geswek

Ol'girl is in the shop getting the PPE's put in -- can't wait to get the car back.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

geswek

Quote from: SHOdded on April 18, 2014, 12:36:46 PM
Tune updated for downpipes, Storm?

LMS says I don't need any. They said only thing they do is change something so CEL doesn't come on. I'm putting catted PPE on. Told me to see if I get CEL and let them know.

Not sure why people think there is a specific tune for DPs. LMS seems to say there isn't one.

Sent from my mobile, I think.

SwampRat

Only need for an updated tune is if original tune was with OEM Downpipes and you then went to offroad no cat down pipes .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

Quote from: geswek on April 18, 2014, 12:39:22 PM

LMS says I don't need any. They said only thing they do is change something so CEL doesn't come on. I'm putting catted PPE on. Told me to see if I get CEL and let them know.

Not sure why people think there is a specific tune for DPs. LMS seems to say there isn't one.

For non-catted downpipes the LMS tune turns off the last O2 sensor.... In the DP... This prevents the code.  LMS does have a tune mod for catted DPs.... I'm running it without DTCs or CELs.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

geswek

I talked to Andy, it's not needed.

I don't know.

I have no codes at moment. I'll keep eye on it.

SHODYOU

They also told me no tune difference... just turn off the cel
2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

donky4444

Got her all cleaned up today. Last week was the first time using Adams VRT on the tires. Put two more coats on today and put it on the plastic along the bottom of the car.  Just to see how good it is I put a coat of Adams paint polish, buttery wax and brilliant glaze on the hood. I'll do the rest of the car as I get the time.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

donky4444

2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights