• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimiJak

Gave the kids a bath today. Just thankful to be outside without layers!

"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

mval

mike:
your guy @HK does first class work. I go to lots of shows & now participate in some, but have seen none with a banner of this class & this includes mecum auctions that i regularly attend. hats off to you again for something first class & ahead of the curve & just glad as i can be you live in chi-town, stay away from the shows in the Lou!!!
mikev
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

SHODYOU

Ordered a set of TruCarbon carbon fiber hood vents from a 2013 Mustang...
Bpd Mike obviously gave me the idea, and these were actually cheaper then oe's cause I dont have to paint them.
2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

bpd1151

Quote from: mval on April 06, 2014, 08:04:12 PM
mike:
your guy @HK does first class work. I go to lots of shows & now participate in some, but have seen none with a banner of this class & this includes mecum auctions that i regularly attend. hats off to you again for something first class & ahead of the curve & just glad as i can be you live in chi-town, stay away from the shows in the Lou!!!
mikev

Thanks a bunch my fellow Mike :ok:

The idea for the banner came from a fellow friend in the LEO field, who has an insane '06 (orange) GTO that him and I participate in shows together.

I then ran my banner idea past my friend Jeff (owner of HKMediaChicago) and inquired if incorporating his photos into a layout similar to what's found on Jeff's site, would be acceptable.

He thought it was a great idea, & wallah! There 'ya gave it!

From idea, to concept, to actuality!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

bpd1151

Quote from: SHODYOU on April 06, 2014, 10:22:12 PM
Ordered a set of TruCarbon carbon fiber hood vents from a 2013 Mustang...
Bpd Mike obviously gave me the idea, and these were actually cheaper then oe's cause I dont have to paint them.

If you require measurements, or photos of my vents, and their progressive install, LMK.....

I'll be more than happy to PM then to you. :ok:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

gsbryanxr

Did some plasti diping today.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

2011 focus 2.0l - cai
2010 SHO - K&N Filter, X pipe/ 3rd cat delete
2008 Suzuki gsx-r600k8 - k&n filter
1998 dodge ram on 37's - lots of bolt ons

JimiJak

used 3M gloss black vinyl to mask my chrome door handles on the XSport...only problem was when I was putting the pass. rear back on, I bumped the latch spring assembly and knocked it out of its track...F&%$...

Still trying to figure out how to fix this one...
Thoughts???

(I'll get pics up once it's done of course ;) )

BiGMaC

Quote from: gsbryanxr on April 07, 2014, 11:26:22 PM
Did some plasti diping today.

Looks really good.  I especially love the work on the spear and the base of the blue oval surround!  Good job!   :thumb:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHODYOU

Looks damn good... esp on that silver.
The rear looks awesome, but I still prefer the chrome grill surround up front.
2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

gsbryanxr

Thanks guys. I think it turned out pretty good. I might peel off the rear strip and redo it. Up close you can see near the right tail light where I messed up a tiny bit. From a foot away you can't tell tho

Sent from my Galaxy S3
2011 focus 2.0l - cai

gsbryanxr

Quote from: SHODYOU on April 08, 2014, 10:23:49 AM
Looks damn good... esp on that silver.
The rear looks awesome, but I still prefer the chrome grill surround up front.

I like it all to kinda have the same theme. The tail lights were peeling so I had to do something. I like the grille but I like others I have seen better so this may not be final.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

2011 focus 2.0l - cai

SHODYOU

Thats exactly why I did my tails... I just waited till I tinted them so I could do it all at once

JimiJak

...continued from Post #1319

Got my door all sorted out. When removing the door handles the internal latch assembly had come out of its 'home', and it wasn't something I could get back seated through the 1"sq. hole I had from the outside. Went to visit some friends at the dealership today and figured out other than the two screws at the bottom of the panel, theres a 10mm bolt behind a little access door behind the door grab handle, and another hidden behind a sneaky little plate inside of the latch. With all 4 screws/bolts removed, the door pulls straight out and off via little metal V-tabs. From there I could unbolt the latch assembly through the little window and drop it down to where I could get hands on it to put it back together.

Spent way more time on it than I wanted, but I'm pretty happy with the finished product. The guys at the dealership thought they were painted, so I guess I got rid of the creases. lol
No more chrome door handles!

SHOdded

Looking good, JimiJak!  Glad you got it all sorted out.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!