• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geswek

I'm contemplating painting them when I get the vents done--the guys said they could do it for me.

I just dont know whether to do red or brembo gold.

Can you shoot pics of red at further distance; I'd like to see it again the Tuxedo Black.

DJE624

I might paint my calipers black or leave them.  But I'd like to do the rotors.  I wonder what Mike would think if I did my calipers white platinum?  Just kidding! 

Darkside

Quote from: geswek on July 10, 2013, 06:59:22 PM
Can you shoot pics of red at further distance; I'd like to see it again the Tuxedo Black.
I'll get a side shot from a distance tomorrow, its actually not supposed to rain!  The red seems to give this big old boat a bit of a performance look.

Doing the rotors are a must, I can't believe how visible they are with the flower power wheels.
2013 Sho- Livernois tune, cai, stat, H&R springs, Stainless Works downpipes/catback

2009 G8- 447rwhp/411rwtq, Hsv Gts conversion
2006 Jeep Srt8
2003 Mustang Saleen Vert

geswek

Quote from: Darkside on July 10, 2013, 07:05:51 PMI'll get a side shot from a distance tomorrow, its actually not supposed to rain!  The red seems to give this big old boat a bit of a performance look.

Doing the rotors are a must, I can't believe how visible they are with the flower power wheels.

Thanks!

Yeah, I'm getting my Nuburgs next week and selling the flower power LOL. They're been WAY more visible then.

Darkside

I'm thinking my flower powers will be my winter setup, but I'm still debating on what wheels I want for the summer.
2013 Sho- Livernois tune, cai, stat, H&R springs, Stainless Works downpipes/catback

2006 Jeep Srt8
2003 Mustang Saleen Vert

geswek

Quote from: Darkside on July 10, 2013, 07:13:20 PM
I'm thinking my flower powers will be my winter setup, but I'm still debating on what wheels I want for the summer.

Screw that -- I ain't doing season sets.

Nuburgs with ExtremeContact DSW's -- will suit me just fine in PA.

If it's blizzard out; oh well I ain't driving (love fact I can work from home anytime I want.)

DJE624

Today, I ordered a domed steering wheel emblem overlay to match my wheel hubs and ovals.  I measured to leave a little chrome ring around it.  Ovals will be here Saturday.  Good weather forecast so I should have some pics up Saturday night. 

Darkside

Not the best picture, but gives you a better look.

2006 Jeep Srt8
2003 Mustang Saleen Vert

geswek

OK, I like that red.

What color is it? Performance Red?

bpd1151

Quote from: DJE624 on July 11, 2013, 04:48:56 PMToday, I ordered a domed steering wheel emblem overlay to match my wheel hubs and ovals. Ovals will be here Saturday.

Whew!  :sweatdrop:

I think Dave has, in an official capacity, surpassed me in the decal department.

The rate he keeps ordering emblems, & decals, etc. etc. he won't have any left over factory paint exposed!  :bangin:

Love 'ya Davy baby  :yeah:

DJE624

Just putting the finishing detail on my White/Black theme Mikey!  I'm really hoping that the Ovals will look good in place.  I know they will look good in and of themselves. Wheel hubs are awesome.  The guy couldn't do Ford in Ford script for the ovals so I went with SHO.

Wheel Hubs, Ovals and Steering wheel emblem.  Very tasteful if I may say so myself.  Now, when I get the LMS white and black emblems I have to do some real thinking.  One place would be under the fender vents on each side.  Or like Mark's just under the SHO/Ecoboost emblem on the back.  Or, finally, in that little blacked out section on the rear 1/4 windows.The only problem with that is I was reserving the rear 1/4 windows for my ECOBOOST PERFORMANCE FORUM stickers.  I'll have to tape them up and see.  Maybe pictures! 

BTW Mike is my SHO Idol.

geswek

I just got my "insert inappropriate word here" handed to me by a 2.0L Cobat SS Supecharged.

Looks like upgraded turbos and meth are coming a lot sooner than I thought. I expected the SHO to punch the little turd burglars in the face, even tuned.

Darkside

Quote from: geswek on July 11, 2013, 07:31:46 PM
OK, I like that red.

What color is it? Performance Red?
Whatever red came in the caliper kit from Dupont.

2006 Jeep Srt8
2003 Mustang Saleen Vert

bpd1151

Quote from: DJE624 on July 11, 2013, 09:12:27 PMBTW Mike is my SHO Idol.

Why thank you Dave..... I like being the impetus for other's inspiration.

Quote from: geswek on July 12, 2013, 08:25:54 AM
I just got my "insert inappropriate word here" handed to me by a 2.0L Cobalt SS Supecharged.

Looks like upgraded turbos and meth are coming a lot sooner than I thought.

I expected the SHO to punch the little turd burglars in the face, even tuned.

1st.... I like the "insert appropriate word here" comment.... :ok:

Although all of us swear, sometimes leaving it left to one's imagination of what you intended (or wanted) to say is much funnier.

Speaking of humor.... I literally chuckled out loud at the "turd burglars" comment. Freak'n hilarious!

2nd..... As other's have posted elsewhere, keep in mind that Cobalt SS is about 1/2 the curb weight of a SHO.

Not too mention, even those cars can be modded.

The Methanol Kit, coupled with the appropriate tune file, will get you significantly closer to the low 12's, as demonstrated by so many of us that have previously achieved such times, including myself.

Continue along with the mods, even perhaps crossing into the territory like 4DR, Darreli, & FirstSHO are with their pioneering mods (E85, Upgraded Turbo's, Suspension mods, etc.) & the day will definitely come when those "turd burglars" will pay you homage for moving that massive, big bertha like SHO of yours right on past their astonished, bottom jaw dropped eyes!

Don't be so hard on your SHO bro..... :ok:   

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

PopolZ

Gloved my poor hands and went to work on my Dynomax install... I don't know how long I'll keep them on.

2010 Ford Taurus SHO, non-PP, Steel Blue #243 of 301 - Custom tune by Torrie@Unleashed, PPE non-catted downpipes, custom 3rd cat & resonator delete, water/meth injection, HKS SSQV3 BOV and Carbotech AX6 brake pads.

1991 Nissan Skyline GTR, Pearl Black Metallic - a few goodies