• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crash712us

Quote from: ShoBoat on April 05, 2014, 09:34:17 PM
Crash, you will have to let us know what you think about them. I'd love to get a set for my 2013.
Our local speed shop had their spring sale so I picked up an Optima.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
what is it your wanting my thoughts? Out of town and on phone and I am not seeing what your after.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

ShoBoat

Sorry Crash, I should have been more specific. I meant about the new coils. I was using TapTalk for iPhone and I was seeing old posts. I didn't realize how old your post was on the new Coil-overs you got. I'd still like to hear your take on the new coils when you get them in, or if you have them in already.
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

bigmoneycloser

2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

SHODYOU

Nice^

I ordered the SP534 from Oreillys so they'll be here tomorrow... cost me 24$
I also finally ordered a 3bar MAP from Tousley, and I'm going to call LMS Monday about 3bar tunes and discuss the Alky Control kit.
2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

crash712us

Quote from: ShoBoat on April 05, 2014, 10:32:19 PM
Sorry Crash, I should have been more specific. I meant about the new coils. I was using TapTalk for iPhone and I was seeing old posts. I didn't realize how old your post was on the new Coil-overs you got. I'd still like to hear your take on the new coils when you get them in, or if you have them in already.
Oh ok, they have been on my car a few months now. I really like them, it has eliminated any wheel hop. The car handles and the ride I'd say at par with non-pp stock struts. And now I will be able to have the best of both worlds. With every day driving ride and one for the track. Truth be told now that thing have started to warm up and coil over have been broken I'd say the ride is even softer the stock and may have stiffen up a few more clicks from where they are currently set to. So if your looking to lower your car and get the best ride possible, this is the way to go.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

ShoBoat

Quote from: crash712us on April 05, 2014, 11:47:49 PM

Oh ok, they have been on my car a few months now. I really like them, it has eliminated any wheel hop. The car handles and the ride I'd say at par with non-pp stock struts. And now I will be able to have the best of both worlds. With every day driving ride and one for the track. Truth be told now that thing have started to warm up and coil over have been broken I'd say the ride is even softer the stock and may have stiffen up a few more clicks from where they are currently set to. So if your looking to lower your car and get the best ride possible, this is the way to go.

That does sound great! I'll be honest with you, driving around earlier downtown. I was wishing I hadn't lowered mine with the H&R's. With all the freaking pot holes from the freak winter we had, it was killing me. Would you happen to know if Megan Racing have released a 2013 version? I will probably shoot them an email and see what they have available. Thanks Crash
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

SHOdded

I know SR's working with Megan on getting the 2013 product out soon, maybe this summer?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SwampRat

Quote from: ShoBoat on April 06, 2014, 12:23:46 AM

Would you happen to know if Megan Racing have released a 2013 version? I will probably shoot them an email and see what they have available.

Megan Racing should be getting the prototype coil-overs in this week for test fitting on ShoManMikes SHO .
They will get pics then and either I or ShoManMike will post updated info then .

Availability for sale will be sometime this summer as they are going to be made in Japan .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

JimiJak

Installed Rx Oil Catch Can (with a write-up http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=2536.0;topicseen) vented eBOVs to atmosphere (used @4DRHTRD 's Home Depot rubber chair feet idea for now (http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=343.0)) and removed the HD relay from my HIDs...good news...they still work! We'll see if I get any new issues without installing the canbus harness.
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

SHODYOU

Installed SP534 plugs @ 30 gap...
Took me about an hour, not too bad. Its my first time owning anything with a transverse engine so all in all it went pretty smooth.
All mine were gapped correctly according to the feeler gauge so that was nice.

2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

bpd1151

Taking advantage of the almost 60 degree day here in Chi-Town (finally).....

I took some time out to clean out the garage, wash the floor of all the salt and filth from old man Winter, and then I also took the time to test out my new mod show display banner for the upcoming, 2014 car show season (and beyond)......

This is a custom 4'x8' vinyl banner with pockets sewn in both up top, and down below, mounted upon a Ravelli adjustable 12'x15' backdrop display stand.

Banner was pretty pricey, costing in excess of $250, and the stand contraption was nearly $100.

I think it will look pretty sharp though, as my mod list has expanded extensively since a couple of years ago, and the small, 2'x3' display stand I had previously used, was just no longer cutting it, for lack of better terms.

I also chose to incorporate a few of my favorite photos captured in/on various photo shoots with my super uber close friend Jeff (of www.HKMediaChicago.com fame)......

I plan on erecting this behind the rear of my heavily modified 2010 SHO, and using this for any and all car show related events.

Whatcha y'all think?

Additionally, given we had record both record setting snowfall (in excess of 80") combined with record setting, consistent cold temperatures deep into the -20 degree range(s)......

I noticed that my custom mesh screens from Mobsteel had begun to display signs of rust (once again).

This, even though I had them re-powder coated just last Spring, and the powder coater added a zinc based primer to them, to help prevent this issue from re-occurring.

But again, we had an awful Winter, and it was record setting in many aspects, so I guess I can't complain.

Anyhow, luckily I paid up front for warranty work, so besides cleaning out the garage, I also took the time to entirely remove my front bumper clip, and then entirely remove the mesh screens from the upper and lower grille frame assemblies, with the intention of dropping them off at the powder coater tomorrow morning, so that these can be re-done under warranty.

Fun, fun, fun.

Oh yea, I also stopped by my mechanic's shop yesterday, not only to shoot the proverbial sh!t with him, but I also inquired about the arrival of my previously ordered Police Package Upgraded Sway Bars.....

Much to my dismay, they did not arrive.   :cry1:

Hopefully sometime this upcoming week. I ordered these, with the anticipation of doing my Megan Racing Coil Overs come this August, when I receive my longevity check, and clothing allowance check.

Although I'll install the sways ahead of time, I am hoping by Fall of this year, I have a decent suspension set up to compliment all of the other performance related work, I have accomplished thus far.

So those are a couple of things I've accomplished today, not only on my SHO, but also around the house.

SHOdded

Dude!  Mind-boggling how much TLC you have put into this project!  Appreciate the peek-age into this ongoing saga :thumb:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHODYOU

Very nice... really liking the banner work for shows.

Cant wait for those PI sways to come in so I can get the part #s lol. I was "this" close to ordering pp rear sway when I saw your post. Never knew pi was different, I figured they ran pp sways 

bpd1151

From what I saw in the parts list, there were 4 different options for the sway bars.

Sways for all trim levels below the SHO.

Sways for the Non-PP SHO

Sways for the PP Pkg SHO

and then finally.....

Sways for the Police Pkg Taurus'

So umm yea....  as I get them, I'll snap off a few pics, & post any/all corresponding info.

The "other" Mike :popcorn:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

SwampRat

Quote from: bpd1151 on April 06, 2014, 06:12:40 PM
From what I saw in the parts list, there were 4 different options for the sway bars.

Sways for all trim levels below the SHO.

Sways for the Non-PP SHO

Sways for the PP Pkg SHO

and then finally.....

Sways for the Police Pkg Taurus'

So umm yea....  as I get them, I'll snap off a few pics, & post any/all corresponding info.

The "other" Mike :popcorn:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

So my13  non pp should benifit from the PI sway bar part's then .....

Gotta keep an eye on this too .

As always bpd1151 ..... keep strokin it to the max !
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST