• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IHeartGroceries

Perhaps I missed it, but what can one expect with just a set of magnaflow mufflers?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

Larrylu

I have a vague recollection of seeing something similar in one of the forums a quite a while ago. I can't remember exactly what it turned out to be but I'm sure it was found to something relatively minor like a faulty valve cover gasket. It got fixed quickly by the dealer so keep your fingers crossed!
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

thatsmrgimp2u

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on April 04, 2014, 06:27:33 PM
Perhaps I missed it, but what can one expect with just a set of magnaflow mufflers?

Being generous, maybe 1 or 2 hp if thats what you are asking. Seems as though most of the restriction is up front anyways. After thats replaced the mufflers are the restrictive part.

All in all I feel good about going through this. I can afford a full cat back, and most likely would have wound up with a magnaflow one anyways. But if this helps people save a few bucks in the long run, awesome. If it lets everyone know to NEVER try it, thats okay too. At least we will know, right?
2011 ISM SHO;  SCT X3 (Unleashed), Airaid Intake, PPE Downpipes, Magnaflow Mufflers and X-pipe with Vibrant resonators, 170 Thermostat, H&R Springs, RX CSS
12.91@107

IHeartGroceries

I really don't have any interest at all in increasing HP right now. The car is plenty quick for me. Extra monies are pouring into my pickup at the moment anyway.

I just don't like that the exhaust note is damn near silent. That's a shame on an FI engine.

As far as exhaust note, is there an appreciate increase with just a set of aftermarket mufflers?

2013 SHO PP

SHOdded

Quote from: Larrylu on April 04, 2014, 07:10:12 PM
I have a vague recollection of seeing something similar in one of the forums a quite a while ago. I can't remember exactly what it turned out to be but I'm sure it was found to something relatively minor like a faulty valve cover gasket. It got fixed quickly by the dealer so keep your fingers crossed!
You are right, Larry.  Shoboat had reported this issue last year, and his is also a 2013 btw.

Quote06-14-2013, 10:08 PM
Hey Guys, I wanted to share something with you guys. So last night I decided to pull off the plastic cover on the engine as I wanted to pull one of the plugs to see what shape they were in. I noticed a small amount of oil below the center coil on the front of the engine. I didn't think much of it as there was not much there. I pulled the coil and plug from the 1'st plug on the right and it looked decent. A tad rich but okay, I wasn't going to pull any others as the 1st one looked good. For whatever reason I decided to pull the middle one, man did I get a surprise. The plug tunnel was full of oil right to the top and the seal between the valve cover and the tunnel fell out?? Please see pic below. My only guess is that is was not seated properly at the factory. Due to the second seal on the coil it kept it from getting all over the engine. I can't imagine that having the plug submerged under oil for all that time is a good thing. I guess it's also a god thing that oil doesn't conduct electricity very well. You may want to have a look at yours just in case. I had to use a combo of paper towel and a pipette to get the oil out of there. Not fun. Also have a look at the plug, It does seem to have some carbon buildup. Let me know what you guys think.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Thanks guys, including the earlier posts... gives me hope i might get it back soon, maybe even tomorrow  we'll see... sorry didn't take pics.  couldn't find a mirror to see in that plug well... nothing else to see

On the way home i saw that Ford GT again.... followed him into a parking lot and got a good look!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

panther427

Finally removed the ecoboost SHO and Taurus emblem from my ladys big ass
2013 SHO

BiGMaC

Quote from: panther427 on April 04, 2014, 09:20:10 PM
Finally removed the ecoboost SHO and Taurus emblem from my ladys big ass

Welcome to the club!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHODYOU

Speaking of that, I ordered an EcoBoost AWD emblem from a Fusion today...
My plan is to remove Taurus and move the SHO badge to the left, trimming the ecoboost badge off of it, and put the EcoBoostAWD badge where SHO is now.
2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

glock-coma

Ooooo loading up my unleashed tune as we speak. 
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

panther427

2013 SHO

SHODYOU

2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

glock-coma

Quote from: panther427 on April 04, 2014, 10:39:06 PM
You will be suprised
Wow!!  You were not kidding. Went from 11 psi max  to 14+  could not go WOT due to wet conditions
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

pejohnson

Quote from: thatsmrgimp2u on April 04, 2014, 04:48:54 PM
Got my x-pipe installed... Still have stock mufflers. BAD CHOICE

2011 Taurus SHO xpipe w/stock mufflers

Can you post this in the exhaust thread you started?  Maybe you have already.  This is a great resource.
13 Platinum White, PP, 402A, Moonroof, Multi-contour seats, and Navigation.  MODS - LMS 93 octane 3bar tune, 160 LMS thermostat, Airaid CAI, 15% tint, interior LED upgrade, LED puddle lights, Nurburgring 20" Gloss Black Powercoated Rims, H&R springs, Corsa catback exhaust, LMS catted downpipes

Best time 1/4 mile 12.588 sec @ 109.44 mph

SHOdded

Quote from: glock-coma on April 04, 2014, 11:30:14 PM
Wow!!  You were not kidding. Went from 11 psi max  to 14+  could not go WOT due to wet conditions
Nice!  Hopefully WOT very soon!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!