• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

LOL, Mike!

Dave, good to hear about the improvements.  Looking forward to your track results this wknd!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Needmoreboost

Not bad Dave.  You picked up some torque.  Did they give you a SAE corrected print out?  STD numbers are always a little higher.  Looks like the torque falls under 400 @ about 3800 rpms on your graph.  Should feel beefy down low.  ;)
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

BiGMaC

Quote from: bpd1151 on April 04, 2014, 08:33:04 AM
Today, I made great use of the ventilated seats feature, by letting a few good one's rip.....

Thankfully, because of the vented seats, the noxious fumes didn't stand a chance being impregnated deep into the cushion/seat material.

Whew!  :blowup:

Although come to think of it..... :hmmm: makes me wonder if I should be inspecting those filters now as a result? :dunno:
:worthlesswithoutpics[1]:

Great idea Mike... I always lift up a little and open the sunroof... but your method might be best in the rain.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

DJE624

Quote from: Larrylu on April 04, 2014, 07:12:51 AM
Dave how many miles/hours away from LMS are you?

It's a six hour trip each way.

Quote from: bpd1151 on April 04, 2014, 08:33:04 AM
Today, I made great use of the ventilated seats feature, by letting a few good one's rip.....

Thankfully, because of the vented seats, the noxious fumes didn't stand a chance being impregnated deep into the cushion/seat material.

Whew!  :blowup:

Although come to think of it..... :hmmm: makes me wonder if I should be inspecting those filters now as a result? :dunno:

No comment.  :clown:

Quote from: SHOdded on April 04, 2014, 08:46:10 AM
LOL, Mike!

Dave, good to hear about the improvements.  Looking forward to your track results this wknd!

Thanks Manu!  Two more days until I have a 12 second SHO with proof! 

Quote from: Needmoreboost on April 04, 2014, 08:57:53 AM
Not bad Dave.  You picked up some torque.  Did they give you a SAE corrected print out?  STD numbers are always a little higher.  Looks like the torque falls under 400 @ about 3800 rpms on your graph.  Should feel beefy down low.  ;)

Thanks Jeff.  I might have to launch at a slightly lower RPM than I did last year. 

BiGMaC

Loading it on a rollback tow truck in my driveway now...

I re-gapped 4 plugs yesterday evening and I had 2 spark plugs left... the tough ones.....  So a few minutes ago i disconnected the hotpipes, etc, and pulled the coil and boot on the rear cylinder of driver's side.... I thought it came loose to easy... when I pulled the coil/boot out it was covered with oil... stuck a socket on the plug and it was tight, but this showed me there was at least 1 1/2 inches of oil in the spark plug well.... s***... No tune today... Ford Roadside Assistance is 15 min out... towing to the dealer... When I was 18 I burned a van to the ground because of an oil leak... Don't wanna burn my baby, too hard to replace. Always has run fine... still does.

Gotta be a bad seal or defective rocker arm cover... or head... the exterior engine and the other spark plug wells were dry.

So wanting the tune saved my car!... it's all covered by Ford... So I'm gonna ride to the dealership... Check it out with them and get a rental

Really wanted my tune today...

To your benefit I may be scarce on the forum today....

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Wow!  Hope they get you fixed up right quick, Tom!  Good luck!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DJE624

Major bummer.  Glad you found it though.  Hope they get your SHO on the road fast!

bigmoneycloser

Good luck..
Glad you found sooner rather than later..
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

thatsmrgimp2u

2011 ISM SHO;  SCT X3 (Unleashed), Airaid Intake, PPE Downpipes, Magnaflow Mufflers and X-pipe with Vibrant resonators, 170 Thermostat, H&R Springs, RX CSS
12.91@107

Brucelinc

BiGMaC, that is first for this engine family that I have heard of with that issue.  I had a Lincoln LS (Jaguar V8) and they were notorious for that.  It is likely just a seal.  The rocker cover will need to come off but hopefully no major surgery will be needed. 

RisskyBusiness

Installed my LMS Stage 4+ tune today! Have gotten to test it because of the snow, but it should be melted by the time I leave work :)
2017 Explorer Sport - Stock, for now...

SRT82ECOBOOST

The x-pipe and stock mufflers definitely did not work out. Thanks for sharing. What are you going to do next?
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

SHODYOU

That's exactly how my car sounds with the bare x pipe... different tone overall because of the dynomax muffs but same rasp. I hate it.
Was going to reinstall old muffled x pipe but im just going to order a Corsa and be done with it. Maybe the SW cb, since its cheaper and I run their dp's
2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

SwampRat

Quote from: thatsmrgimp2u on April 04, 2014, 04:48:54 PM
Got my x-pipe installed... Still have stock mufflers. BAD CHOICE

2011 Taurus SHO xpipe w/stock mufflers

Sorry  it didnt turn out as planned  ...... that is part of the problem of pieced together DIY exhaust mods .... really hard to know what the end results will be .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

thatsmrgimp2u

I have offset magnaflow mufflers on order. If its still raspy I'll go to a resonated x.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

2011 ISM SHO;  SCT X3 (Unleashed), Airaid Intake, PPE Downpipes, Magnaflow Mufflers and X-pipe with Vibrant resonators, 170 Thermostat, H&R Springs, RX CSS
12.91@107