• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larrylu

Quote from: glock-coma on March 22, 2014, 09:35:17 AM
Installed husky liner floor liners front and rear.
Pretty happy with the fit and finish. I'll have some pics up later
I like mine too, but you really have to be careful handling with those sharp teeth on the bottom.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

Brucelinc

I installed my Aeroforce gauge.  I am seeing a spike of 13.6 PSI of boost.  Not sure how accurate that is.  I also ran a 0-60 and 1/8 mile performance measurement.  Ingore the 1/4 mile time - I was not in Mexico so I backed out of it before the end of a 1/4.  It was 11 degrees in my area this morning and I was on a county road with new pavement that gave super traction off the line.  Car was feeling really strong this morning.

BiGMaC

Quote from: Brucelinc on March 22, 2014, 12:23:20 PM
I installed my Aeroforce gauge.  I am seeing a spike of 13.6 PSI of boost.  Not sure how accurate that is.  I also ran a 0-60 and 1/8 mile performance measurement.  Ingore the 1/4 mile time - I was not in Mexico so I backed out of it before the end of a 1/4.  It was 11 degrees in my area this morning and I was on a county road with new pavement that gave super traction off the line.  Car was feeling really strong this morning.

Clean install, looks good!  ... excellent 1/8 time!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

TSS

Whoa Bruce. Sick 0 to 60 time. I have never hit 13 psi.   I did hit a 60 4.13 though on Friday.   That bested my 4.2.  4.09 on Your First Try is fantastic. .
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

Brucelinc

That 1/8 is probably a tad too good.  I think I had a bit of a tailwind.  I first ran in the opposite direction just for 0-60 and got a 4.26.  I backed off prior to running the 1/8.  I then turned around and got the run that I posted.  Since I gained almost .2 on the 0-60, I am pretty sure the wind was a factor.  It would have been larger factor in the 1/8 than it would have been 0-60.  The car is strong, though.  :)

Brucelinc

Quote from: TSS on March 22, 2014, 02:58:07 PM
Whoa Bruce. Sick 0 to 60 time. I have never hit 13 psi.   I did hit a 60 4.13 though on Friday.   That bested my 4.2.  4.09 on Your First Try is fantastic. .

Thanks Todd.  Our posts crossed....As I said, I ran in both directions - got a 4.26 and that smokin' 4.09.  I was pretty aggressive off the line, too.  I was on excellent pavement so I was leaving at 2000 RPM.  I was getting some wheelspin but not a huge amount - got a nice chirp on the 1-2 shift, though.  In this case, I might have been better off to raise tire pressures to lower rolling resistance. 

DJE624

Those MKS's are faster than I thought! 

I vacuumed her out and cleaned up a little salt.  When I put the carpeted floor mats back in last night, I noticed it need it.

TSS

/  you are optimistic. I am NOT putting my carpet mats back until mid April.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

DJE624

LOL  I'm hoping the worst is over.  A little snow or salt now won't hurt much.  I'll probably shampoo the mats by May anyway. 

SHOdded

So ... who's going to be first to break into the 3's for 0-60???

Dave, I need to shampoo the carpets as well, despite having Weathertechs in place.  To get rid of any odors the winter-crap-on-shoes may have left behind :(
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Brucelinc

I am continuing to play with my Aeroforce Gauge and adding additional parameters to monitor.  It is nice to observe the coolant temperature and transmission temp.  Yesterday, I spiked 13.6 PSI of boost ONE time but could never duplicate it again.  I think it was around mid-range (4000) RPM in 2nd.  Most of the time, though, under WOT, it is in the 8-10 range.

I will leave others to break into the 3s on 0-60.  I am pretty comfortable knowing that we all have cars that are among the quickest full sized sedans you can buy.  I wish we had a track in the Twin Cities, though.....:)

TSS

Quote from: SHOdded on March 23, 2014, 12:30:01 AM
So ... who's going to be first to break into the 3's

I am pretty confident anyone with a tune and meth is there. You just don't hear much about it here because this is a 1/4 mile crowd. :)

And Bruce,  I have not even hit over 11 yet we have very similar acceleration times. I wonder what that means? Only other variable between our cars is my K&N Typhoon.  I have the 528 plugs and I think you do too.

Brucelinc

And Bruce,  I even hit over 11 yet we have very similar acceleration times. I wonder what that means?
[/quote]

Todd, I wonder if the altitude setting on the gauge affects how it registers boost?  I have mine set at 1000 feet for my area.  Also, would barametric pressure impact the vacuum/boost readings?  My max boost readings are not consistent.  Coolant temps range from about 183 - 192, depending upon whether I am moving down the highway or just idling.  Trans temps run much cooler.

watts

Working on a trunk lighting upgrade.  I'm making router templates so I'll be able to duplicate my work if anybody is interested in the same.  I have a 4 year old and a 1 month old, so garage time is limited these days.  Look for a write up in the coming weeks!
2014 Taurus SHO - Sony, Mikko suede, 20" low gloss wheel option.

Weathertech mats; LED interior bulb, puddle lamp, and map light conversion; Custom trunk lighting, Custom subwoofer install, LED DRL kit.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!