• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Got the SHO professionally detailed including the engine compartment and interior... A few more pics later, but this video is amazing! I thought I'd share it now.

My SHO is coated (this is not a paint sealer) with CQuart Finest (for exactly four months) and has never had anything else on the finish... no wax, no detail spray, literally just the CQuart Finest (if your interested in what it can do for a car, even a brand new one, my thread on correcting dealer paint damage is here:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=1496.msg17656#msg17656

The car is on completely level ground.

Wills Amstutz, my detail guy at Windows and Wheels, showed me how to dry my car with water!... yea it works!  The coating is incredibly hydrophobic with a runoff angle <10 degrees.

Then a quick blow dry with a leaf blower (or a dedicated blower if you have one)... no touch, no scratch or spidering.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Pretty awesome drying technique!  CQF is one of the best sheeters out there.  An easy to use offering by CarPro is HydrO2, not as durable as CQF, but very very good.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

explorergotoluvit

did the 160 thermostat and liver tuner today running good but haven't put to many miles on it yet but i like it so far
2013 explorer sport
LMS tuner stat 160 3 bar magna flow v8 91 map
k&n H&R spring
retrofit FXR bi-xenon projectors done by lightwerkz 
all lights replaced with leds from daytimebrightlites

LV SHO

went ahead and plastidipped my grille and little running light surrounds to match the wheels I did yesterday ... amazing how much it changed the look of the car for $25 and a few hours of my time :)

BiGMaC

You're right!... Looks great!..... love the Accessory parking light surrounds.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

SwampRat

Quote from: LV SHO on March 15, 2014, 10:15:56 PM
went ahead and plastidipped my grille and little running light surrounds to match the wheels I did yesterday ... amazing how much it changed the look of the car for $25 and a few hours of my time :)

That's lookin sharp for sure !

Tint the headlights next ! !
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

DJE624

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

REDSHOCGO

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 15, 2014, 05:42:01 PM
Got the SHO professionally detailed including the engine compartment and interior... A few more pics later, but this video is amazing! I thought I'd share it now.

My SHO is coated (this is not a paint sealer) with CQuart Finest (for exactly four months) and has never had anything else on the finish... no wax, no detail spray, literally just the CQuart Finest (if your interested in what it can do for a car, even a brand new one, my thread on correcting dealer paint damage is here:

Wills Amstutz, my detail guy at Windows and Wheels, showed me how to dry my car with water!... yea it works!  The coating is incredibly hydrophobic with a runoff angle <10 degrees.

Then a quick blow dry with a leaf blower (or a dedicated blower if you have one)... no touch, no scratch or spidering.
thats exactly what i do blow it off with my leaf blower works wonders
2010 Red Candy Sho 402a option non/pp w/unleashed tune,3 bar map, k & N CAI, Corsa catback exhaust, tints 35% front 20% back vta conversion,plastidipped front grill (matteblack), Curva Concept C7 wheels w/20" toyo proxes +4 and Sony Xperia z running torque pro
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited tinted
2007 Pontiac G6 GTP cpe w/crab intake,Led sequential taillights, custom exhaust(now gone)

BiGMaC

Quote from: REDSHOCGO on March 16, 2014, 01:33:18 PM
Quote from: BiGMaC on March 15, 2014, 05:42:01 PM

thats exactly what i do blow it off with my leaf blower works wonders

For sure... True no touch is the way to go!  :thumb:

One other trick...Although I'd recommend research it before you do it on a non-coated paint job.... I learned this from Wills also. Dilute some Iron-X wheel cleaner in your soap... foam cannon assumed... Use it every 6 months or so.  Always rinse after this and then do your regular wash following all that. 
It really wakes up the paint by decontaminating it and is WAY faster and easier than claying.... no sore shoulder and saves hours....  :biggrin:

I'm gonna post some pics of this as soon as I get them off my camera.

glock-coma

Changed the engine oil with with Pennzoil ultra 5-w20 and motorcraft FL-500s filter.

I found the Pennzoil ultra at Wal-Mart on roll back for $21 for 5 quart jug.
Couldn't pass up that deal. 
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

SHOdded

If using a leaf blower to dry, I hope it has been tested for microscopic debris emerging from the nozzle.  It is recommended to put a secured cloth/cheesecloth over the opening before use.  Stepping up to a Metro Vac Master Blaster is even better, if you plan to use this drying method for quite some time and are concerned about ROI.

BiGMaC

Quote from: SHOdded on March 16, 2014, 07:15:03 PM
If using a leaf blower to dry, I hope it has been tested for microscopic debris emerging from the nozzle.  It is recommended to put a secured cloth/cheesecloth over the opening before use.  Stepping up to a MetroVac Master Blaster is even better, if you plan to use this drying method for quite some time and are concerned about ROI.

Excellent advise!...
At least make it a dedicated blower that you take special care of.... Here's what I feel is the best.... SHOdded referenced it.... The metrovac Master Blaster.  Comes with dual mode (4 & 8 HP a long flexible hose and a variety of automotive attachments, plus it really small and portable.... Amazon price is about $300.... yea more than $40 at home depot (but if you get one to use with cheesecloth it will be more... a decision to make. This one gets top ratings on all the detail sites.
The best product description is here: https://www.metrovacworld.com/Master_Blaster

This is what most of the detail folks use.... and of course me... being the resident OC paint and finish nut!  :P

The conical attachment is what I use for about everything.. but after the water dry (posted here: http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=299.msg33677#msg33677 ) ... using runoff of water sheeting it's mostly getting the water out of all those nuisance body fitments where it collects.

mval

got the vertini wheels & conti dws tires put on. changes the look of the car completely. was down between tsw carthage & these vertini's. basically the same price just more chrome & less black, but still good amount of black. a quick question for anybody using conti dws's is the inflation. performance plus tires had them @ 40#, they used nitrogren which is what i wanted. changed to 37 in front 35 in rear. is that ok as used to running the goodyears & most other tires @32#, but from what i've read conti's like air& because of the softer wall should have more.
mikev
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen